Alcoa at CAK

Govolsknox

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!! I've been seeing that daily now for 21 years this December plus two Friday nights each fall when we kick the shizzz out of CAK!!

LOL, well I can honestly say that at least on a couple of occasions you didn't see that while you were kicking anything out of CAK, and there were a couple of close games in addition that your boys weren't doing any kicking, they were fighting tooth and nail to come out on top. But I get your point! Good luck and safe travels.

Thanks to Slant for the article and Warriors for the response. I truly am surprised after watching his demeanor after he got hurt. Regardless, what a great career; I hope he gets to follow his dream and play on Saturdays. I think Ivy league, following after former player of the year and CAK QB Quinn Epperly, might be a great fit for him. He certainly has the brains, and has proven himself on the field. A footnote, that while he did break the all time record of C. High, he started 3 1/2 years while High only started 2 years plus one game when Epperly had a concussion. Regardless, 2 great QB's that I had the privilege of watching.

No negative meant to Shuler who is a tough kid, but on paper at least, this has to make an already up hill battle even more up hill. The only positive is that they knew before an open date and at least had a little time. At CAK, the QB never plays defense, so I would be shocked if he does. That means it costs us in 2 positions, MLB and QB. Hopefully these two weeks will help, and regardless of Friday's game, another week before week 1 of the playoffs will give him 50% more time to adjust as well as the entire team to adjust.

Regardless of outcome, I always look forward to this match up!

The question nobody has asked is:

Will this be the last game of this wonderful past six years worth of game, many twice a year? Lots of good games played by these two teams and I really hate to see it end!

Goodbye private's and public open zone school's may you compete again someday!

Ha ha, yes the privates against the Blount All Stars! May this match up return another day! It has been a lot of fun. Some years more than others!

I'm not necessarily predicting it will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me to see these two teams continuing to play each other in regular season games.  My guess is both teams have some difficulty scheduling non-district games.  Beats traveling to Timbuktu for a non-district game.  And both teams presumably benefit from playing against quality non-district competition as a tune-up for the playoffs, assuming Alcoa doesn't bang CAK up too badly.

Ha ha, yes the privates against the Blount All Stars! May this match up return another day! It has been a lot of fun. Some years more than others!