Region 6-5A Playoffs

VizualProphet

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story of the night for Gallatin: we cause a nice fumble in 3rd qtr deep in Indy territory, and our RB fumbles the very next play on 1st down. Can't quit fumbling the ball every week. Lots of work to do this offseason. For the football team, and and for the athletic director. Tired of the inconsistency week in week out.

I understand the frustration, but are fumbles the coaches' fault? Playing without Mason was a huge factor I'm sure. Playing the #1 team in the state, who happens to be on a 26 game win streak and the defending champion, may be another. I believe mailing the playoffs in this region is an accomplishment and improvement that shouldn't be overlooked. Think about it, the coaching could be a lot worse...

I understand the frustration, but are fumbles the coaches' fault? Playing without Mason was a huge factor I'm sure. Playing the #1 team in the state, who happens to be on a 26 game win streak and the defending champion, may be another. I believe mailing the playoffs in this region is an accomplishment and improvement that shouldn't be overlooked. Think about it, the coaching could be a lot worse...

This post ðŸ‘.

This post ðŸ‘.

You be content with a 6-4 record with a Mr football finalist in the backfield. Without that one player, this was a 3-7 record team. And they have athletes. That's the issue I have. I'm not the type to be content with an 0-5 record vs Beech, 2-3 vs Station Camp, and a couple other embarrassing losses that we all know about and I don't have to mention. If you're content with 4-6, 6-4 with a MR. FOOTBALL FINALIST, 3-7, things of that nature, you go right ahead and settle for mediocrity. Guess Gallatin Football program really has settled for "good enough"

And before you try and say "well they were 6-4 not 3-7 this year" you take away Jordan Mason, they lose that very close game they had vs Station Camp thay Mason played really well in. They lose to Henry County that they went into overtime even with Mason playing a great game. They would have for sure lost to Hendersonville without him, whether you want to believe it or not. Honestly could've easily lost the Springfield game without him as well. So without ONE amazing player that saved these coaches butts this year, you are okay with the fact they would've been 3-7, possibly 2-8? Cause these are the facts if you take away the stud athlete who set all of Gallatin's rushing records this year.

"The coaching could be a lot worse" that's a loser mentality. Do you think other big time high school programs would make statements like "well the coaching could be worse, so why are you complaining with our marvelous 6-4 record we have?"

Define big time high school program? When you have not been past the quarterfinals in 24 years how are you a big time program? White House has won a state championship since, the Bucs have won 2, Portland won 1, and Hendersonville has been to the finals 3 times. Need to stop living in the past. Look at the Bucs, great coach, great support, great middle school teams every year, great administration. No negative influences around our program. Every time I talk to a Gallatin supporter all you hear is griping and complaining about the players, the coaches, the administration, the stadium, etc. Not that I care but you might want to get behind your players and coaches and stop being so negative. Anyway, GO BUCS!

You hear griping because people expect better here in Gallatin. In case you forgot, Gallatin football was playing just as good of football year in/ year out as Beech when Robert left GHS in 2011. And prior to 2009, GHS record was quite dominant against Beech. Still today have a good bit more wins against Bucs, but Beech is catching up fast since 2012 obviously... This is the first ever era that Beech has ever been good, when Coach Crabtree arrived. You'll know the feeling once your program falls off some. You will want it to be back to winning football like you are used to. Anybody will tell you Gallatin is one of the most storied football programs in this state. They have a great fan base. Lots of support from the community. QB club raises lots of $$$ for the program on their own, because the Sumner County Board of Education doesn't fix / pay for everything in our program like they have a few others in this county......hmm. The football stadium is fine, don't know what people are saying otherwise. One of the better, & bigger high school stadiums in the state to watch a highschool football game. Only thing they are lacking is consistency within the football program. And that all started not long ago...You act as if Beech has just always had a good football program. News for you, not the case. Every program has ups & downs, and yours isn't the exception.

Edited by thegreatone36