Tyner Rams @ Forrest Rockets Round 1

TynerRamFan

Good points. Tyner needs to play without making silly mistakes and can't rely on athleticism to bail them out especially at this level. They will already be a touchdown underdog because of Forrest's home field advantage. Got to stay focused and when the chips are down build each other up!! It's a winnable game but we can't get cute or sloppy!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every game this time of year you have a chance. If we play like we did against JC we will get beat. I belive that loss may have been the best thing that could have happened. Really don't know anything bout Tyner but, looking at their scores from this season it looks to me you can't tell which tyner team shows up. For that reason I'm taking the home Rockets 31-21

Forrest went 9-1 and outscored their opponents 285-95. Watertown and Jackson County were the only teams to score more than 14 points against their defense. They held a Watertown that averaged close to 50 points a game to 28 points.

Tyner went 4-6 and had a good win over Silverdale Academy 32-7. However the other 3 wins were against Bledsoe, Brainerd and Polk County who were a combined 6-24.

Non-Region looks telling as well.

Forrest went 3-0 non-region including a win against Page 21-14. Page is a 4A playoff team that went 6-3 and played tight games with some of the top teams in 4A like Fairview.

Tyner went 0-3 non-region. They lost 25-7 to 3A Notre Dame (6-4). They lost 49-6 to 5A Walker Valley (6-4). They lost 22-21 to 3A Signal Mountain (2-8).

Forrest 24

Tyner 14

Tyner has the talent to be undefeated

TynerRamFan how is this years Rams team compared to last years Team ?

Last years team was special not only because of the 26 seniors but because of the experience/maturity. Plus we had an exceptional player in #1(S. Spralls). We do not have a player this year that compares to him.

Our "D" is good, not great. Speed of team is about the same. This game will serve as a measuring stick for the returning players next year. As I said previously, this is a winnable game but depends on how the guys handle adversity.

Edited by TynerRamFan