Who takes on the Franklin County job now?

REBELFAN70

Blaze45 I totally agree with you 100% and if FC wants to have a competitive program they will need to go all in on this! We played them on their senior night and the crowd was very sparse and it was too bad for those seniors. However the facilities there are top notch and it was probably the nicest stadium we have played in in a few years. Here's hoping they get it right.

I agree with Blaze45 100%. 2 years is not enough time to build a program for any coach. As for the pee wee football. FC has had 2 split pee wee programs for the past 16 years and also FC has 2 middle schools that are mortal enemies in all sports. the only time they come together is when they are freshman and then they have to put to bed the pride of the 2 middle schools which never really happens and have to learn a totally new system. As far as support for head coach for the past 2 years Smith never had a chance. Some not all was pissed that a local guy didn't get the head coach job so they never fully supported Smith in his first season.

I agree with Blaze45 100%. 2 years is not enough time to build a program for any coach. As for the pee wee football. FC has had 2 split pee wee programs for the past 16 years and also FC has 2 middle schools that are mortal enemies in all sports. the only time they come together is when they are freshman and then they have to put to bed the pride of the 2 middle schools which never really happens and have to learn a totally new system. As far as support for head coach for the past 2 years Smith never had a chance. Some not all was pissed that a local guy didn't get the head coach job so they never fully supported Smith in his first season.

My thought on middle school and pee wee league is that they work in conjunction  with high school programs to ensure that the same fundamentals, same structure and discipline are instilled. This also helps to promote local middle school coaches in the program. There is also a good relationship and rapport from a-z 

So......that all being said they will quite obviously still have to have a coach. With Scott being let go on such a short leash that lends me to believe someone is in line already to take over. This is a new principal and new director of schools who are both from the outside! Do they bite the bullet and do whatever it takes to land one of the 2 local favorites? McCurry or Carson is what the locals have been screaming for so have they talked one of these guys into taking their turn to try and turn it around?

So......that all being said they will quite obviously still have to have a coach. With Scott being let go on such a short leash that lends me to believe someone is in line already to take over. This is a new principal and new director of schools who are both from the outside! Do they bite the bullet and do whatever it takes to land one of the 2 local favorites? McCurry or Carson is what the locals have been screaming for so have they talked one of these guys into taking their turn to try and turn it around?

I am almost certain that McCurry never will get a call from FC. I don't think they would have fired Smith if they didn't already have a deal  set up with who they want. Leads me to believe Carson is their man.

Edited by delusional32

I am almost certain that McCurry never will get a call from FC. I don't think they would have fired Smith if they didn't already have a deal  set up with who they want. Leads me to believe Carson is their man.

For once we actually agree on something.  I hope that Franklin County would not give McCurry a call.  Unless they need a fresh coat of paint on the field house that is.  I do however disagree with Carson being their man.  While I agree he would do a good job at Franklin County I just don't see him leaving Rutherford County to become one of the lowest paid head coaches in the state.  Maybe if FC came off some money and let him bring in a staff of his choosing, but I don't see that happening.  But we did agree on part of it, so lets build on that Mr. Marshall.

Maybe some are out there that knows the program and the kids. Current or former assistants that would be interested. 

Edited by rampage

For once we actually agree on something.  I hope that Franklin County would not give McCurry a call.  Unless they need a fresh coat of paint on the field house that is.  I do however disagree with Carson being their man.  While I agree he would do a good job at Franklin County I just don't see him leaving Rutherford County to become one of the lowest paid head coaches in the state.  Maybe if FC came off some money and let him bring in a staff of his choosing, but I don't see that happening.  But we did agree on part of it, so lets build on that Mr. Marshall.

Maybe some are out there that knows the program and the kids. Current or former assistants that would be interested. 

I didn't say I hope FC would not give McCurry a call. I said I am almost certain that McCurry will never get a call meaning not giving him a chance. I have heard Carson's name at a lot at games  and don't see FC firing a coach just after 2 years with out some kind of plan in place but I could be wrong. You know  wining coaches are not waiting in line for an opening at FC. I will agree with you that Franklin County is one of the lowest paid head coaches jobs in the state. If Carson doesn't  take the job if called then I agree with you they will most likely be looking at current or former assistants.  Your right we did agree for once on something  just not the McCurry thing. 

Edited by delusional32

You might get Ayedelott former Riverdale coach... I don't know that, this would be a good fit, but this might just interest him enough to come back from Middle school program 

Never will happen.  He is in his ideal situation.  In Williamson County where he wanted to be all along, and in a football situation where he does not have to produce and is SMALL enough for him to handle.