Who takes on the Franklin County job now?

REBELFAN70

most of the time there are certain weeks that will be open games depending on whether a team is in a 6,7 or 8 team region.  for most teams that usually means that that weeks 1,2,4 and 6 are non-region.  Most teams start working on there tentative schedule as early as possible, a gentlemen's agreement so to speak, if you wait to the region teams are all set you may have to settle with who is left over

most of the time there are certain weeks that will be open games depending on whether a team is in a 6,7 or 8 team region.  for most teams that usually means that that weeks 1,2,4 and 6 are non-region.  Most teams start working on there tentative schedule as early as possible, a gentlemen's agreement so to speak, if you wait to the region teams are all set you may have to settle with who is left over

The next Lee Atkins.  You may have to go to Arkansas now just like LEA.

I have heard some names thrown out in town.  Don't know if any of them are even interested.  I don't think there is a shot at getting Carson even if the Siegel job was not available, but with it being open I would say he is out for sure.  I have heard McCurry, which I personally think is a no go due to past indiscretions, but who know I am no expert.  I know that would not be my choice.  I have heard several assistant coaches at other programs mentioned as well, but will not bring up any names because they might not be interested.  Some are former Rebels and some have played the Rebels a lot in previous years. I have also heard a name of a current Rebel assistant.  My vote is for one of these up and comers to start a new trend in Franklin County.  I would hope that a new coach whomever it is will be in place by Christmas so they can start working on a staff.

Edited by rampage

Will the new coach have the opportunity to hire assistants or will the current assistants be in place.

It would be a good idea if they let the new coach pick his staff, but that has not been the way it has been done in the past at FC.  If they are smart they will allow the new coach to at least pick his coordinators, but FC being smart is a big IF these days. 

i heard the school board is doing a in depth survey to see if their stipends are on par with other schools for assistant coaches, my guess is when they find out they are nowhere close they are going to have to look hard at raising them to get anyone to commit to this job! 

http://www.teateachers.org/sites/default/files/u98351/HIGH%20SCHOOL%20FOOTBALL%20ASSISTANT%20COACH%20MAXIMUM%20COMPENSATION.pdf

Assistants 

http://www.teateachers.org/sites/default/files/u98351/HIGH%20SCHOOL%20FOOTBALL%20HEAD%20COACH%20MAXIMUM%20EXTRA%20DUTY%20COMPENSATION.pdf

Head