South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Palmer man)

Roy Dillard

It's public record just look it up. Armed robbery, kidnapping, and almost beat an elderly lady to death after she was tied up and put in the trunk of a car on a random Wednesday morning? Innocent to proven guilty I get that, but it's hard to look past 4 felonies.

It's hard for people to look at the facts sometime. It's documented this kid wasn't even in the house. He was in his car as this happened inside. Is he guilty to some extent? Yes, maybe he is for being around when this happened, but sitting in a car outside not knowing what's happening in the house and actually being in the house performing these despicable acts are different. If he had been in the house doing this stuff he would have NEVER been received like he was at SP. Those are the facts of the case. If this kid walks off from these charges a lot of people are going to eat a lot of crow. Being there even without knowing associates you with something. I totally get that, but it's still different than the ones that did it.
  • Upvote 1

It's hard for people to look at the facts sometime. It's documented this kid wasn't even in the house. He was in his car as this happened inside. Is he guilty to some extent? Yes, maybe he is for being around when this happened, but sitting in a car outside not knowing what's happening in the house and actually being in the house performing these despicable acts are different. If he had been in the house doing this stuff he would have NEVER been received like he was at SP. Those are the facts of the case. If this kid walks off from these charges a lot of people are going to eat a lot of crow. Being there even without knowing associates you with something. I totally get that, but it's still different than the ones that did it.

It is pert near theys some adults derailing McQueen. All the others are not being treated like him. Hope the NAACP & Rev Jackson make some accountable

Can some of you South Pitt faithful tell me how many points SP put up on Copper Basin before they gave all the starters a breather?  I'm wondering why everyone is picking SP over Fayetteville by 30-40+, when the score from both teams against the only common opponent was almost identical? I get the hype and understand, after the last two meetings, why some may believe SP will dominate, but you also have to remember - this is a completely different Fayetteville team than was there a year ago.  A lot of the younger players have matured, and some new kids have stepped up in a big way this year.  Looking forward to reading the replies - about the game rather than the last 28 pages or so that had almost nothing to do with this Friday night!

Can some of you South Pitt faithful tell me how many points SP put up on Copper Basin before they gave all the starters a breather? I'm wondering why everyone is picking SP over Fayetteville by 30-40+, when the score from both teams against the only common opponent was almost identical? I get the hype and understand, after the last two meetings, why some may believe SP will dominate, but you also have to remember - this is a completely different Fayetteville team than was there a year ago. A lot of the younger players have matured, and some new kids have stepped up in a big way this year. Looking forward to reading the replies - about the game rather than the last 28 pages or so that had almost nothing to do with this Friday night!

I believe it was 20-0 at end of 1st quarter and 34-0 at halftime

Also, Cornersville was a common opponent

Edited by piratetom

Can some of you South Pitt faithful tell me how many points SP put up on Copper Basin before they gave all the starters a breather? I'm wondering why everyone is picking SP over Fayetteville by 30-40+, when the score from both teams against the only common opponent was almost identical? I get the hype and understand, after the last two meetings, why some may believe SP will dominate, but you also have to remember - this is a completely different Fayetteville team than was there a year ago. A lot of the younger players have matured, and some new kids have stepped up in a big way this year. Looking forward to reading the replies - about the game rather than the last 28 pages or so that had almost nothing to do with this Friday night!

I believe Pirate Thomas answered the question. We feel that way because we've seen this before with Fayetteville. Last year I heard over and over how they would beat SP or it would at least be a game. We know how that turned out. Fayetteville returned a lot of kids from last season. SP returned 9 starters each way and added a few more kids. Fayetteville can score some on SP, but they won't slow them down much at all. SP will put up 50 plus points.

Sp vs copper basin 55-6 Fayetteville vs copper basin 49-6

Sp vs cornersville 62-12 Fayetteville vs cornersville 37-26