Meigs County Football at Forrest

Tiger86

The 2nd video says "Layton Bennett's highlights". Watch it.

I agree that the Meigs player had the ball in his possession on his back & the Forrest player rolled on him and tied him up. I will try to post a screenshot, but I am technically challenged...

I originally thought that the Forrest kid made the catch but if you do watch it through the Meigs kid looks like he had the ball with #8 on top of him wresting it away. The refs run in and are looking to see who had possesion but I believe #8 wrestles it away from him after they are down. Bang Bang play but it looks like it could have been an interception. 

i think we should go back and rescind the win. and flog the Forrest kids midfield for an hour. take our region title. and the moore co win. and spray paint our own fieldhouse and blame it on marion

Wow, that was a low blow......I hope these kids hear of this as if they need any more motivation. I would guess that your Forrest kids will get flogged for almost two hours friday night.

Your such a hypocrite.. You just got all butt hurt on another post about something I said but a few hrs earlier you post this crap... I can't wait till Friday I would love to see your face when you here the score! Like SP says... It's Coming!!!

Won't ever get all the SP out of you either. It's coming.. just a few more years and you can come home. LMBO Edited by TheAmbassador

I originally thought that the Forrest kid made the catch but if you do watch it through the Meigs kid looks like he had the ball with #8 on top of him wresting it away. The refs run in and are looking to see who had possesion but I believe #8 wrestles it away from him after they are down. Bang Bang play but it looks like it could have been an interception. 

#8 went up and got the ball should have been an immediate TD when he hit the ground in sole or simultaneous possession, IMO.

#19 pulled it away from him on the ground on the second rollover. #8 completely lost control of the ball and the ground and jumped back on. Not sure what the refs were discussing but I had no idea what they were going to call until he raised his hands up.

Situation #2

Today’s topic: Simultaneous catch (NFHS Football Rule 7-5-4)

The receiver and defender both go airborne and simultaneously gain possession of a legal forward pass near the goal line and return to the ground where:

Situation 1: they alight in the field of play inbounds;

Situation 2: they alight in the end zone with the ball;

Situation 3: the receiver lands in the end zone and the defender in the field of play inbounds;

Situation 4: the defender comes down in the end zone and the receiver lands in the field of play;

Situation 5: the receiver lands in the end zone and the defender lands out of bounds.

RULINGS

Situation 1: The ball is dead and belongs to the offense at the yard line through the foremost point of the ball when receiver and defender contacted the ground inbounds.

Situation 2: It is a touchdown.

Situations 3 and 4: The ball becomes dead and the pass is complete at the yard line through the foremost point of the ball when the players contacted the ground inbounds. If the ball has penetrated the plane of the goal line in either situation, it is a touchdown.

Situation 5: Incomplete pass.

#8 went up and got the ball should have been an immediate TD when he hit the ground in sole or simultaneous possession, IMO.

#19 pulled it away from him on the ground on the second rollover. #8 completely lost control of the ball and the ground and jumped back on. Not sure what the refs were discussing but I had no idea what they were going to call until he raised his hands up.

Situation #2

Today’s topic: Simultaneous catch (NFHS Football Rule 7-5-4)

The receiver and defender both go airborne and simultaneously gain possession of a legal forward pass near the goal line and return to the ground where:

Situation 1: they alight in the field of play inbounds;

Situation 2: they alight in the end zone with the ball;

Situation 3: the receiver lands in the end zone and the defender in the field of play inbounds;

Situation 4: the defender comes down in the end zone and the receiver lands in the field of play;

Situation 5: the receiver lands in the end zone and the defender lands out of bounds.

RULINGS

Situation 1: The ball is dead and belongs to the offense at the yard line through the foremost point of the ball when receiver and defender contacted the ground inbounds.

Situation 2: It is a touchdown.

Situations 3 and 4: The ball becomes dead and the pass is complete at the yard line through the foremost point of the ball when the players contacted the ground inbounds. If the ball has penetrated the plane of the goal line in either situation, it is a touchdown.

Situation 5: Incomplete pass.

I have no dog in the fight. All I'm saying is that it wasn't as cut and and dry as most (including myself) said to start with. It really doesn't matter now anyway. I just hope it doesn't come down to a long pass at the end of the game to decide the outcome. That didn't go too well for us earlier this year.