Oak Ridge 2016-17

SweetScience

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time each district team beat Oak Ridge? They are on an amazing run. Do you see this kind of dominance continuing after this senior class graduates?

Last night it was posted that CC hasn't beaten us since 1999...Clinton since the early 2000's or so? We haven't lost to Karns since Sibley was there and that was 3 or so years ago, I think? Powell 2014, I can't recall the last time AC beat us to be honest. Halls I can't remember either, but it has been years ago. Central last beat us when Dre Mathieu was there, that has been 5 or 6 years ago. You're right, it has been unbelievable. Pertaining to your last question. I would say no being this SR class is heavily talented, but besides Karns and Powell none of those other teams have beaten us long before these seniors careers came into play, so who knows? I know we have talent pretty much at every level, albeit not the kind of talent this SR class has, but the JV, Freshman teams, and both MS teams have some talented kids coming up. I guess that will remain to be seen.

What happened to his little brother? I was looking for big things from him this season.

Good question, I haven't really followed the team in a few years, so I'm not sure.

I think Karns split with OR during the 2012-13 season, which would be the last time Karns beat you guys. Powell swept the regular season series that year, but OR got revenge in the district title game.

Ok, before I give an unbiased opinion on the state of oak ridge basketball, let me start by saying thanks to the guy who wanted to post how overrated Oak Ridge the night before they were to play CC. Lol. Thanks dude!!!

I've not been to as many games as usual due to crazy work schedule but I did go to OR/Karns, CC/AC, OR/CC and a few more games at AC and CC.

So overrated? Well, as u can see, if u have to start checking record books to see when the last time u beat OR, that means their pretty good. For the last ten years they have been the dominant team this side of Nashville. Our distriict is the largest in the state with 9 teams, meaning u have to play 16 district games. We usually have two really good teams, two good teams, two average teams, and three mediocre teams. With that said, on any night, 2-9 can beat anyone besides OR. In the last 5-6 years, this district has swept the other district a couple times and went 3-1 a couple times, so 2-4 are good teams, but not OR type teams. It's really a shame that OR has to schedule Blackman, SHILL, DB, FULTON, MARYVILLE, MEMPHIS TEAMS, ARBYS CLASSIC, Bahamas's,and so on, just to get the feel of substate, and state tourney atmosphere.

Their average margin of victory the last five years in district is over 30ppg !!! Overrated ?

Won 45 straight district games! Overrated ?

Won district 10 years in row. Overrated ?

Been the #1 seed in regions 8 out of 10 years. Overrated?

Been to 4(maybe more) state tourneys. Overrated?

I predict undefeated this year in district 16-0. Overrated?

I think u get it. If this was a team west of Nashville, we couldn't keep those guys off here bragging about their dynasty team! Lol.

Now, here's my opinion on this years team. Although they have enough to win the district and region, I don't think they have enough to make it to state. They all long and athletic, but really no size to speak of. Also, no muscles, lol, their a bunch of skinny guys really, but very talented. If they get EJ back and the right matchup at substate? They are well coached enough to sneak into state, but that's it. And any real OR fan knows this, and are realistic in their expectations.

As for next year? They have enough to win district again, but, Powell, AC, CC are real young. They could sneak one out. Karns will be good too. Clinton has a lot of young talent.

Ok, before I give an unbiased opinion on the state of oak ridge basketball, let me start by saying thanks to the guy who wanted to post how overrated Oak Ridge the night before they were to play CC. Lol. Thanks dude!!!

I've not been to as many games as usual due to crazy work schedule but I did go to OR/Karns, CC/AC, OR/CC and a few more games at AC and CC.

So overrated? Well, as u can see, if u have to start checking record books to see when the last time u beat OR, that means their pretty good. For the last ten years they have been the dominant team this side of Nashville. Our distriict is the largest in the state with 9 teams, meaning u have to play 16 district games. We usually have two really good teams, two good teams, two average teams, and three mediocre teams. With that said, on any night, 2-9 can beat anyone besides OR. In the last 5-6 years, this district has swept the other district a couple times and went 3-1 a couple times, so 2-4 are good teams, but not OR type teams. It's really a shame that OR has to schedule Blackman, SHILL, DB, FULTON, MARYVILLE, MEMPHIS TEAMS, ARBYS CLASSIC, Bahamas's,and so on, just to get the feel of substate, and state tourney atmosphere.

Their average margin of victory the last five years in district is over 30ppg !!! Overrated ?

I think u get it. If this was a team west of Nashville, we couldn't keep those guys off here bragging about their dynasty team! Lol.

Now, here's my opinion on this years team. Although they have enough to win the district and region, I don't think they have enough to make it to state. They all long and athletic, but really no size to speak of. Also, no muscles, lol, their a bunch of skinny guys really, but very talented. If they get EJ back and the right matchup at substate? They are well coached enough to sneak into state, but that's it. And any real OR fan knows this, and are realistic in their expectations.

As for next year? They have enough to win district again, but, Powell, AC, CC are real young. They could sneak one out. Karns will be good too. Clinton has a lot of young talent.

You tell 'em CC!! Haha. Next year will be a lot more competitive I'm thinking. While we do have some talent, it will be really young. Wish Caleb Martin would come back out. I think you're underestimating Tyshawn Young's strength, CC. While he isn't what I would call a body builder by any means he is strong. Don't let that lean body fool you. He's every bit as strong as Javien was last year. JMO.

First off, you know more about OR and East Tennessee basketball but I believe we disagree on just how far OR can go. If they can win district and region but not get to state  that means they fall again in Sub state. Who from Reg. 1 can beat OR at ORHS? I don't see one doing it this year.

I don't mind if you say I am not being realistic but I believe OR wins it all this year. No, they are not better than East during a season long run but on one night they can beat anybody.

RWR! I bleed cardinal and gray and sometime reality is not my strong suit.

Not much to argue with here.  However, if we win region, do you see Cocke County or Jeff County beating us?  My expectation is that substate will be a much easier game than the Region final.  Our best competition is in the region tournament against either Maryville or Bearden, providing they can get past Karns or Powell.

A different question:  how in the world does AC beat Campbell County?  CC has a length, good shooters, plays tough defense.  That game should not have been close.

Not much to argue with here.  However, if we win region, do you see Cocke County or Jeff County beating us?  My expectation is that substate will be a much easier game than the Region final.  Our best competition is in the region tournament against either Maryville or Bearden, providing they can get past Karns or Powell.

A different question:  how in the world does AC beat Campbell County?  CC has a length, good shooters, plays tough defense.  That game should not have been close.

Because AC boys dont loose to CC in football now looks like its in bball also...lol

Hmmm. Well I didn't realize it'd be cocke county or Jefferson county. U are probably right. I didn't think it through to who they'd play after maryville in region finals I guess. As for the CC AC game. I really don't know. I sat with a couple AC friends for first half and they were very happy with first half. Then went up top to see CC football coach and couple friends and kinda thought CC had it in bag. I do know they missed a bunch of point blank layups and missed like 6-7 fts gown stretch. Then AC slung up a three as buzzer went off. Ballgame. I agree that CC will win next one by 20 if they play like they did vs OR. Good game for 3 qtrs. Tee went off in fourth. Had a nice put back dunk in first half too. Crazy talent.