TC. Will be back.

Ole3putt

1 hour ago, Ole3putt said:

I was one not in attendance due to certain circumstances. I’ve heard our attendance has not been up to par lately. IMO with Coach W taking over the Jacket nest and continue setting his philosophy & system in place with these young men.  I’m sure the attendance will improve at home & traveling for us fans.  

I agree. Attendance started dropping off to be honest back in mid 2000’s. Last year Creasy was here attendance was horrible. We played Whitwell at home and nobody was here. With game being on radio, cold weather, 8.00 a ticket, attendance is going to be affected. You will see a increase prob over next few years.  

6 hours ago, Volstate said:

I agree. Attendance started dropping off to be honest back in mid 2000’s. Last year Creasy was here attendance was horrible. We played Whitwell at home and nobody was here. With game being on radio, cold weather, 8.00 a ticket, attendance is going to be affected. You will see a increase prob over next few years.  

Easy way to fix the attendees is just WIN that will bring the ppl out tc has to show the town that they are a true contender for a gold ball which I think they are for next few years the crowd will be back 

26 minutes ago, RTD said:

Easy way to fix the attendees is just WIN that will bring the ppl out tc has to show the town that they are a true contender for a gold ball which I think they are for next few years the crowd will be back 

It’s been going down even back in 2005 it started going down. It is bad even in the recreation leagues where parents are more involved. People just don’t want to pay money to come to games. Sports in general are not what they use to be here. Sad but it’s true. Kids have other interest and rather play on computers. Students could careless bout sports. Too many other things to do now days. Heck say what you want to. This team this year won the Region and was undefeated in region and finally brought back pride here. I look for it to get better next year and year after. But I think your gonna find out the crowds are gonna be the same. Same people are gonna come no matter what and some rather listen to Cheese on radio!

17 hours ago, RTD said:

And that is a gross way to look at it!  Show they are a true contender...... Please!!!!!!  I'll be danged if a group of high school kids will be held ransom for "contender" status.  This isn't major college football where crowd size determines something.  

High School Football (HS Athletics as a whole) is a lesson of life and building humans.  It is a fantasy world.  HS athletics is a form of entertainment for communities and student bodies.  They are a means to show pride, love, and character of a school unit/family.  

The dang sooner you people get that through your heads, the better off the world will be.  If losing a HS football game or winning a HS football title is what determines your sanity or what kind of holiday season you have, then there is a problem.  

"Show they are a true contender......"  OR what?  We lose people coming to games?  They ain't coming anyway.  Lose you and...................what?  The whole HS mentality is totally out of whack.  This is fun (forums and websites and polls and radio shows).  This is about developing kids and using the game (sport(s)) to do so.  It is a small window of time for these young athletes.....a very fragile time as well.  The experiences during these times can change lives, both positively and negatively.  We just have to be sure we do everything we can to keep it on the + side.

Yeah, we push and get emotional and do everything we can to win.  That is why we play the game, but the journey and the process is far more valuable than any outcome.  

Crowds are down everywhere.  Oakland, Maryville, Marion, Trousdale, etc. etc. The list goes on and on.  
Community support is down everywhere.  HS ticket prices are up.  TSSAA is a JOKE for charging $8.00 for a first and second round ticket.  And they are going up for the last few rounds too.  

$12-14 for a State Title game ticket.  Look at state title game tickets.  I know a lady who paid $70 for her, her husband, and kids to come support their school team Friday night (A son on the team).  This is not counting concession snacks.  $100 for a HS football game????  

Live Radio/Internet hurts too.  Just the average Joe can sit at home and listen.  The outside atmosphere isn't intriguing.  Netflix and don't have to look for a parking spot.  

Students don't come out at small schools.  No pride No care in their classmates and school teams.  Too many other things to do.  Ticket prices hurt them too.  Plus, while at the game most will only stare at Facebook or Instagram or SnapChat.  Bigger schools have better student sections simply because of math.........more population = better percentage of getting kids involved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LeatherBalls said:

And that is a gross way to look at it!  Show they are a true contender...... Please!!!!!!  I'll be danged if a group of high school kids will be held ransom for "contender" status.  This isn't major college football where crowd size determines something.  

High School Football (HS Athletics as a whole) is a lesson of life and building humans.  It is a fantasy world.  HS athletics is a form of entertainment for communities and student bodies.  They are a means to show pride, love, and character of a school unit/family.  

The dang sooner you people get that through your heads, the better off the world will be.  If losing a HS football game or winning a HS football title is what determines your sanity or what kind of holiday season you have, then there is a problem.  

"Show they are a true contender......"  OR what?  We lose people coming to games?  They ain't coming anyway.  Lose you and...................what?  The whole HS mentality is totally out of whack.  This is fun (forums and websites and polls and radio shows).  This is about developing kids and using the game (sport(s)) to do so.  It is a small window of time for these young athletes.....a very fragile time as well.  The experiences during these times can change lives, both positively and negatively.  We just have to be sure we do everything we can to keep it on the + side.

Yeah, we push and get emotional and do everything we can to win.  That is why we play the game, but the journey and the process is far more valuable than any outcome.  

Crowds are down everywhere.  Oakland, Maryville, Marion, Trousdale, etc. etc. The list goes on and on.  
Community support is down everywhere.  HS ticket prices are up.  TSSAA is a JOKE for charging $8.00 for a first and second round ticket.  And they are going up for the last few rounds too.  

$12-14 for a State Title game ticket.  Look at state title game tickets.  I know a lady who paid $70 for her, her husband, and kids to come support their school team Friday night (A son on the team).  This is not counting concession snacks.  $100 for a HS football game????  

Live Radio/Internet hurts too.  Just the average Joe can sit at home and listen.  The outside atmosphere isn't intriguing.  Netflix and don't have to look for a parking spot.  

Students don't come out at small schools.  No pride No care in their classmates and school teams.  Too many other things to do.  Ticket prices hurt them too.  Plus, while at the game most will only stare at Facebook or Instagram or SnapChat.  Bigger schools have better student sections simply because of math.........more population = better percentage of getting kids involved.

I will have to agree with you. High school football is pure. They play because they love the game. Only one team is going to win a trophy every year. We have been lucky to win it 10 times, but we have been playing football a lot longer than that here. Back in the 80’s we couldn’t even get in the playoffs. Time for people to come out and support kids for commuting themselves to a program. You know kids now days have a ton of other options to do than play sports. I know my grandchildren are always on the go. Playing football teaches u about life and hard work. It teaches you how to overcome dissapointmebts and failure. But all of us old people in the stands needs to get a life. Yes we want to win the next gold ball but it’s not  life or death. The coaches aren’t getting 8 million dollars to coach, the players aren’t getting money to play. “Let’s be proud of our town and support the Jackets and these kids who play the great game. Football may not be around forever. It’s becoming distinct in a lot of places because kids are lazy and they don’t want to work hard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeatherBalls said:

The tickets have been $8 for few years but when you go from 2013 to now without a home playoff game or with out a region title the kids in high school all they know is here and now so in their eyes TC tradition doesn’t matter all they know is that TC goes on the road and lose in round 1 of playoffs and with stundents the student section was full past 3 years they stop coming this year  their is more junior high kids then high school the and of course they don’t care the players didn’t care either some of them didn’t even want to make the playoffs and wish they lost in first round and I’m sure the stundents knew this also why should anyone else care when some of the players don’t care that’s the major problem and your right they have no pride in their school 

1 hour ago, RTD said:

The tickets have been $8 for few years but when you go from 2013 to now without a home playoff game or with out a region title the kids in high school all they know is here and now so in their eyes TC tradition doesn’t matter all they know is that TC goes on the road and lose in round 1 of playoffs and with stundents the student section was full past 3 years they stop coming this year  their is more junior high kids then high school the and of course they don’t care the players didn’t care either some of them didn’t even want to make the playoffs and wish they lost in first round and I’m sure the stundents knew this also why should anyone else care when some of the players don’t care that’s the major problem and your right they have no pride in their school 

The students haven’t been coming to Games for several years... but heck this team did win a Region title, went undefeated in region and had two playoff games and to be honest the crowds did not change. I remember in 2014 winning region title and playing Whitwell here in first round and us talking bout had bad crowd was. It’s not the 90’s anymore. Crowds are terrible everywhere unfortunately 

6 hours ago, Volstate said:

The students haven’t been coming to Games for several years... but heck this team did win a Region title, went undefeated in region and had two playoff games and to be honest the crowds did not change. I remember in 2014 winning region title and playing Whitwell here in first round and us talking bout had bad crowd was. It’s not the 90’s anymore. Crowds are terrible everywhere unfortunately 

Oh I know the times have changed but last  3 years I haven’t miss a game home or away and I sit next to stundent section at home games and last year there was lot more stundents was at the game past two years at home and away games and Marion Co had better crowd then TC Friday night they seem like they are doing fine and the first game this season vs Lebanon some people came to that game that haven’t been to a TC game in 10 years and some came the Friendship game but when the loss that game most of those people decided to stop coming 

8 hours ago, RTD said:

Oh I know the times have changed but last  3 years I haven’t miss a game home or away and I sit next to stundent section at home games and last year there was lot more stundents was at the game past two years at home and away games and Marion Co had better crowd then TC Friday night they seem like they are doing fine and the first game this season vs Lebanon some people came to that game that haven’t been to a TC game in 10 years and some came the Friendship game but when the loss that game most of those people decided to stop coming 

You know what, the other poster was right, if you are gonna have fans stop coming to a game because of a loss to a friendship team who is still undefeated right now, tell them to go get another team. RTD I have been in this county for over 57 years. These sports programs deserve people to support these kids no matter what. By the way I haven’t missed a home game since 2002. The student section has been non existent since 2009 to be honest. Students don’t care bout sports. 

21 hours ago, LeatherBalls said:

Welcome back to the T ole Leatherballs! Been what....6 or 7 months now. I'm assuming you had some other things taking up your time instead of posting on this silly board, but i have missed your intelligent post just like this one. Great post btw!

I honestly think it would be beneficial to have the high school staff survey they student body, much like what professional organizations do and see why they don't show up. Maybe the school should offer student discounts on tickets or concessions. Get local businesses involved to have drawing for students. Maybe have contest at halftime or between quarters. maybe create a club where they pay a fee and get t-shirts (I know a lady that does an amazing job with T-shirts if you need any :thumb:) and have their own section in the stands and get perks for showing up and cheering on their teams. Not just Football but basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, ... you know the whole shebang. Something to make the experience of going to a game something new and exciting. It all starts with the students. If you get them hooked early, then as they grow older, they will continue to come. They will also bring parents and siblings. 

I've also thought that some of our local restaurants that have food trucks/trailers should be able to set-up shop around the field and sell. I know that the concession proceeds go to the Jr. Class every year but maybe have the vendor donate X amount for their profits to the Jr. Class.  

Several have said times are changing and its not like the old days, and i agree. Games aren't as i remember when i was little. So TC needs to do as the Nashville Preds do so well, change with the times and revamp the fan experience. The Team and Game itself obviously isn't enough to draw the crowds in. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RTD said:

So then why don't you put that more on the players if you knew they felt that way instead of on the coaches, the offense "they should be in", who should be playing where, etc. etc. that you have stated. Then why did they play?  It is an extra curricular activity of choice.  I am self-choosing to play football but I don't want to play in the playoffs or even make the playoffs???
Help me and this thread understand that kind of thinking. 

You just stated that the stands were full the past 3 years............BUT didn't you say yesterday (or day before) that the attendance has declined since 2005?  Maybe that was someone else.  You are in a fantasy world.  #8 changing positions?  And if he does, he will quit?  Funny.  Where do you get your "insider" info?  Maybe your connections within the program are not connecting you very well.  Trust me, there is a ton of garbage info out there and this is a ton of it.  Just support.  Stop analyzing a high school football team.  Just support.  Tell those kids you are connected with that the bus is leaving.  It will roll no matter what and no matter who is driving it, but they need to decide to either get on it or stay off of it, and if they getting on the bus, they riding with a common purpose.