TC. Will be back.

Ole3putt

On 7/11/2017 at 5:49 PM, tt99 said:

When you keep talking about tradition that means you have not won the big one in 4-5 years. TC had and still has good team speed. The offensive and defensive line has and will be again the Achilles heal of this team. Special teams and the Kicking game  went to nothing after Ricky Harrison graduated and the return game went away when Matt Thomas graduated that same year.  It was an issue during the last season that Barker coached and will be the same with the new coach if improvements are not made.  The QB is very athletic and with some luck they may get past the quarter finals. I do not believe they are physical enough to run it down the throat of a solid front line with one or two athletes in the middle. That is what you face in the first or second round each year.  You have to have some sort of short passing game in todays world.  Barker maybe lost two games that Creasy and his legendary play calling may have won. The rest of them TC lost straight up to better teams. The Wing T is a great offense when you have the meat and horses to run it. The 2017 season will be here before you know it and I wish the Jackets all the best.

TT99, I don't doubt the fact that TC lost to better teams the past couple of years. But one thing that you are not considering, Creasy knew the tradition of the Yellow Jackets and knew how to work them. He wasn't just a good game manager. Barker, i don't think ever came to a good understanding of what it took to be a Yellow Jacket, which lead to his downfall (ignoring the off the field issues).

Teams of old that have worn the armor of the Gold helmet, many times faced bigger, stronger, faster players but came out of battle victorious, simply because they worked harder leading up to the game, where fundamentally sound in all phases of the game and they were coached better. I recently had a conversation with a "legend" that once wore the purple and gold himself and is still close to the team (not revealing the my source), and he said Barker struggled to have answers when the opposition threw a curve ball. He had no adjustments. Satterfield and Creasy both (Creasy still does at Oakland) coach a game in which they make the opposition pick their poison. They always had 2 or 3 solutions no matter what came about and nothing was a surprise. I believe numerous times Barker was left scratching his head in the middle of the game. 

All this to say, I have heard good things this spring and summer from the Creekbank. I dont think Coach Waggoner will have the same issues that have come about the last couple of years. The team has been working hard and it should be an exciting season. Devil Meat! #GATA #RTD

12 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Couple of good test with those two. 

Forrest should be a good test. I'm not sure about the Owls. It is a rivalry which will create some intensity, but I haven't heard positive things coming out of Carthage. It could be some Owl faithful blowing smoke. I hope the latter is the case and they present a tough test for the Jackets. I guess we will see in a couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

I know it's only a scrimmage but if TC doesn't boat race Forrest then the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs will not be kind to the YellowJackets. Tried to say that in the nicest way possible but most know it's the truth.

Not so fast there PP68. Alot can change over the course of 3 months. Thats either way. TC could "win" a scrimmage 100-0 and lose in playoffs just as bad. Teams improve as they go along in the season, injuries occur and schemes change based on team play. I'm sure TC and Forrest will both have certain things they will try to be working on and being that they could possibly meet again with the loser going home, not all the cards will be shown. If Coach Waggoner is like TC coaches of old, you will see a very simple playbook tomorrow night. They will focus on blocking, tackling, execution and toughness. Bet the Rockets do the same. 

28 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Not so fast there PP68. Alot can change over the course of 3 months. Thats either way. TC could "win" a scrimmage 100-0 and lose in playoffs just as bad. Teams improve as they go along in the season, injuries occur and schemes change based on team play. I'm sure TC and Forrest will both have certain things they will try to be working on and being that they could possibly meet again with the loser going home, not all the cards will be shown. If Coach Waggoner is like TC coaches of old, you will see a very simple playbook tomorrow night. They will focus on blocking, tackling, execution and toughness. Bet the Rockets do the same. 

Most scrimmages superior talent will show. I know lots can change over a season but if TC is a favorite for Cookeville it should be evident Friday night.

The only way they could meet again is in Cookeville. Not totally out of the question but unlikely.

Edited by PurplePower68