Rd.3: Union City at Dresden rematch.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Well here it is. The Rematch. The last time we played UC was rebuilding a team in the middle of a season due to a plethora of injuries and it showed. We put the ball on the ground 9 times and lost 7 of them. Four of those fumbles were inside the 15 yard line and 3 were picked up and taken in for scores. Since that game I have watched this team improve in every facet of the game. Those young guys are now starting to gel and come together with a more fluid and stream line execution of the offense.. This team is down to 1 senior now that is still playing. Those young guys now have a few games under their belt and their confidence has been strengthened. They remind me very much of the 09 Championship team. I expect to see a much more competitive game this time and I believe can win but more importantly. .....they ( the young players) believe they can win. It's gonna be a great game.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume Dresden being ranked #1 in the state would keep us at home thru the playoffs.

in even number years the bottom team gets home field advantage beginning in the third round if two teams from the same region meet higher seed is home team. If we end up winning against union city then next round goes back to the bottom of the bracket rule which is us meaning home game. Hope I made sense!

in even number years the bottom team gets home field advantage beginning in the third round if two teams from the same region meet higher seed is home team. If we end up winning against union city then next round goes back to the bottom of the bracket rule which is us meaning home game. Hope I made sense!

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure how that worked.

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure how that worked.

Last year Peabody traveled to NCS so this year the east side of the bracket will travel to either UC or Dresden. Looks like the final four on this side come down to who pretty much everybody picked, should be some good games these next two weeks! Edited by wildcat89

We NCS folks pay much attention to games when the powers in the west play each other. We really dont have much of a way to gauge how good everyone is because of the lack of common opponents. My thought after the regular season matchup between Dresden and UC was that there was not much that could be taken away from that game. No discredit to Dresden, but it seems that UC gave them that game. How good is UC now? I have to think they will be more competitive than last time. The big question is, how good is Dresden? I dont think anyone really knows. If they had beaten UC by that much with UC not turning the ball over, things might be a little more clear. 

Edited by carguy59

We NCS folks pay much attention to games when the powers in the west play each other. We really dont have much of a way to gauge how good everyone is because of the lack of common opponents. My thought after the regular season matchup between Dresden and UC was that there was not much that could be taken away from that game. No discredit to Dresden, but it seems that UC gave them that game. How good is UC now? I have to think they will be more competitive than last time. The big question is, how good is Dresden? I dont think anyone really knows. If they had beaten UC by that much with UC not turning the ball over, things might be a little more clear.

was the turnovers forced by Dresden or UC have 5 starters out?

was the turnovers forced by Dresden or UC have 5 starters out?

I would say that's a matter of opinion. If you are a Dresden fan you lean toward the Lions forced them, and they did force some. If you are a UC fan you lean toward the Tornadoes. Because you have followed your team and know that they haven't fumbled like that all year. I will say this, our boys look so much better and will be ready to avenge themselves. This is gonna be a great game.