Hillsboro 2017

AllRegion

Let's assume for kicks and giggles at the moment that MF is named the coach. Who other than Buck will be on his staff and who gets Stratford. Can MF win state next year at Hillsboro and can a new coach continue what MF started at Stratford.

Anyone on the current Stratford staff have the resume to be the next HC? I think their DC is pretty well thought of over there, not for sure though if he would wanna follow MF..

just my opinion based on years around Metro...if MF is choice I don't think that was the principal's first choice....pretty sure of it. Depending on where you are on the food chain decides who makes that final decision....experienced that in the past.

MF would be a solid, safe hire for the principal regardless if he was the first choice or last choice.. He will keep the program competitive and kids would keep coming into the school..

I ageee though that I do not believe he was intially a favorite when the position opened. I believe that he was recommended/pushed by higher ups in the MNPS offices. He will do well though I'm sure. Hillsboro doesn't have any Terrell Carters on that team either from what I hear.

Dont really disagree but my experience years back was it does not make for a good situation when the principal doesn't have HIS coach. Nothing against MF...good man and good coach. But he will have intense pressure to win from day 1. there will be no honeymoon for him. if he is choice though, wish him luck.