2016 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Finalists (3A & 4A)

kwc

Lost the starting RT with a stupid basketball injury the day before the game, one of the starting TBs after 1 carry with an injury but most importantly lost the FB early in the game which did a great job helping protect the QB. Fulton did a great job pressuring the QB leading to the bad game. They did a fantastic job with game adjustments both in game and from the previous meeting.

That is very unfortunate but wouldn't you say it's

A huge disappointment and bad coaching job by Matthews and company to be heavy favorites to repeat? You have 3 finalist for this award and you are sitting at home after the second round.. I'm like you hats off to Fulton and their staff for having a great plan but it does seem like a touch of complacency might've struck at the worst time. Now you move up to 5a since the school has claimed they will give no finical assistance to kids...just a very sour way for many of those seniors to go out. Very special group of seniors too, us ol country Marshall County fans can't say we enjoyed our trip up last year but much was due to having only one side of bleachers and Catholic fans not liking all the blue around them. Fulton scares me more than having to play Catholic again just because their kids are very similar to ours, had to work for everything they have ever gotten and some have to work to keep food on their families table. Sure Catholic could've came down in their BMWs and Mercedes and laughed at our half baseball field, press box shakes when it's loud, fans shaking their milk jugs filled with rocks in em on 3rd down but isn't that what high school football is all about? The community and town being all in supporting "their" team, after watching them growing up playing together and buying their value smart discount cards as they go door to door selling them to fund raise, coming to the lift a thons seeing their kids get new personal records or seniors failing to get a new power cleaning max that they would've never dreamed of getting as a freshman but all the hard work put in and believing what the coaching staff has told them since day 1. I just think it means a little more to the county schools and it's what makes it special. I wish nothing but the best to the kids, whoever wins these awards are more than deserving and definitely have put the work in or they wouldn't be up for it.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is very unfortunate but wouldn't you say it's

A huge disappointment and bad coaching job by Matthews and company to be heavy favorites to repeat? You have 3 finalist for this award and you are sitting at home after the second round.. I'm like you hats off to Fulton and their staff for having a great plan but it does seem like a touch of complacency might've struck at the worst time. Now you move up to 5a since the school has claimed they will give no finical assistance to kids...just a very sour way for many of those seniors to go out. Very special group of seniors too, us ol country Marshall County fans can't say we enjoyed our trip up last year but much was due to having only one side of bleachers and Catholic fans not liking all the blue around them. Fulton scares me more than having to play Catholic again just because their kids are very similar to ours, had to work for everything they have ever gotten and some have to work to keep food on their families table. Sure Catholic could've came down in their BMWs and Mercedes and laughed at our half baseball field, press box shakes when it's loud, fans shaking their milk jugs filled with rocks in em on 3rd down but isn't that what high school football is all about? The community and town being all in supporting "their" team, after watching them growing up playing together and buying their value smart discount cards as they go door to door selling them to fund raise, coming to the lift a thons seeing their kids get new personal records or seniors failing to get a new power cleaning max that they would've never dreamed of getting as a freshman but all the hard work put in and believing what the coaching staff has told them since day 1. I just think it means a little more to the county schools and it's what makes it special. I wish nothing but the best to the kids, whoever wins these awards are more than deserving and definitely have put the work in or they wouldn't be up for it.

Huge disappointment...absolutely. I don't know if complacency was the problem. We were hurt by scheduling issues which led to the starters getting minimal playing time. Last game the starters played the majority of the game was 9/23. Also had four key injuries that impacted the Fulton game specifically. I admire all the hard work these kids put in whether they are rich or poor, black or white, urban or country, public or private. The kids that get out of their BMWs and Mercedes sweat, bleed and work just as hard as the kids that get out of their pickups, off a bus, walk, or ride with a coach. It think it would be hard to say that it means more to county schools than city or private schools. Tell me everyone of the kids that just lost in their last game doesn't hurt...

Good luck to the teams still fighting for their dream of a GOLD BALL!

• 2 weeks later...