2017 1A Favorites?

AllRegion

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

What about Coalfield? They have a team that didn't lose anyone from last season. They are the favorites to make it to Cookeville. SP could end up in the semifinals with a chance. This SP team will be very young. 

Greenback and South Pitt should be in the picture.  Coalfield has a seasoned team that should have the edge but teams like Greenback and South Pitt have the talent to spring the upset. Teams like them can never be underestimed for they both have a lot of fight in them.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for both squads.

15 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Greenback and South Pitt should be in the picture.  Coalfield has a seasoned team that should have the edge but teams like Greenback and South Pitt have the talent to spring the upset. Teams like them can never be underestimed for they both have a lot of fight in them.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for both squads.

The 2017 Coalfield team doesn't have a Zach Stewart caliber lineman on it, but you have a terrific QB that already has an appearance in the big show as a freshman. Winning at Coalfield in the semifinals will be tough for any team. 

I could agree with that statement. Is Lake County going to be good enough to get past Dresden, Wayne Co, and Huntington the next several years?

I think Lake County will be very good for the next 5 years. There teams will be like the 70's, 80s and early 90s.  Alot has to happen but the talent will be there. LC will challenge for a spot in the semi's this season. LC will make it to at least the quarter finals this season with mainly sophomores and freshmen.  Future is bright in LC.

The 2017 Coalfield team doesn't have a Zach Stewart caliber lineman on it, but you have a terrific QB that already has an appearance in the big show as a freshman. Winning at Coalfield in the semifinals will be tough for any team. 

We do have a couple of big ones on the line around 300lbs that are good ball players maybe not quite the caliber of Stewart. We are getting our defense end back to who went out with injury early in the season who is a good one. Our fronts will be a strong point for us if the injury bug does get us. We actually been blessed with some big boys up front the last several years.  I give them a lot of credit for our success of late.

10 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I could agree with that statement. Is Lake County going to be good enough to get past Dresden, Wayne Co, and Huntington the next several years?

It's hard to tell judging by last year when most of their talent were freshmen and sophomores. You never know about kids some top out and play their best ball in the 10th grade.. I'll have a lot better gauge after seeing them this season but my answer to your question would be, absolutely. 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

5 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

It's hard to tell judging by last year when most of there talent were freshmen and sophomores. You never know about kids some top out and play their best ball in the 10th grade.. I'll have a lot better gauge after seeing them this season but my answer to your question would be, absolutely. 

You are absolutely correct. You never know when kids will peak. I've been around football along time. I can tell you this much this bunch of kids seem to have the it factor that alot of those great falcon teams had. It all remains to be seen if it will translate on the field. This is the most talent Lake County has fielded in a very long time. I think a quaterfinal or semi final this season is very possible.  2018 will be when they will be extremely hard to handle. Time to be LC will be early this year because they will be hard to beat late in the year barring injury.