2017 1A Favorites?

AllRegion

Coalfields spring practice went well, except for those still playing baseball. Much bigger and faster than last years team. Speed and size are obvious. Got turned down by several 3A,4A, and private schools to play this year and I can see why. Looks like a much improved team from last year. 

top 8 will be Coalfield, So Pitt, Greenback and Gordonsville from east. Dresden, Lake County, Huntingdon, Wayne Co from west. Darkhorses Harriman and possibly Whitwell from east. Humboldt, So Fulton and maybe West Carroll from west. The team that wins Memphis region may be a player. You never know what you get from Memphis.I'm calling for a. Huntingdon and Coalfield final with Huntingdon winning the title.

top 8 will be Coalfield, So Pitt, Greenback and Gordonsville from east. Dresden, Lake County, Huntingdon, Wayne Co from west. Darkhorses Harriman and possibly Whitwell from east. Humboldt, So Fulton and maybe West Carroll from west. The team that wins Memphis region may be a player. You never know what you get from Memphis.I'm calling for a. Huntingdon and Coalfield final with Huntingdon winning the title.

Ah, I'd say we're a year away from making any real noise. That being said our team speed is definitely improving... got an upcoming Soph and JR each running in the high 4.5 range. Our QB runs a 4.7 and has grown quite a bit since the last season ended. If we can put an offensive line together we could be a little dangerous. We have some good looking young linemen but it seems their talent is more naturally suited for defense.

We'll see how it goes

No but we have the skill we had in 12. We don't have the line but I think it's an easier path. No UC, Peabody, Dresden is down, no privates.

Can't wait to watch Huntingdon and WC square off this year, should be another good one. WC should have one of the better lines they've had in awhile and loaded with speed in the backfield

No but we have the skill we had in 12. We don't have the line but I think it's an easier path. No UC, Peabody, Dresden is down, no privates.

we have some good players, but don't have any with the skills or toughness of warbritton.But I hear a warbritton will be on the sidelines coaching this year. Edited by horse