2017 1A Favorites?

AllRegion

4 hours ago, Carl1976 said:

I'm not sure when the last time some of you have watched Coalfield but they do have a major D1 talented lineman and he is only a junior. They have the best starting 5 they have had in a very long time with a lot of playable depth off the bench. 

Major D-1????How many offers does he have???If he was a "MAJOR" D-1 even as a Jr he would be getting his door knocked down.I have seen him play MANY times and he is a good 1A lineman but in no way a major D-1.Sorry f I offended you but I have seen a lot of really good lineman thru the years and he is a good one but  you have some orange colored glasses on right now.The best lineman I have seen out of Coalfield was the Napier kid and he wasn't a D-1 kid.He was a mean nasty tush hog!Coalfield should have a very good line but to say it is better than the year Napier and Stewart were side by side is a long shot.I think that you all should be a better scoring team because of Parker than that team but you all don't have a Bible carrying the football either.Everyone else in our region will be down so I expect Coalfield to roll thru it!

Edited by orngnblk

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Major D-1????How many offers does he have???If he was a "MAJOR" D-1 even as a Jr he would be getting his door knocked down.I have seen him play MANY times and he is a good 1A lineman but in no way a major D-1.Sorry f I offended you but I have seen a lot of really good lineman thru the years and he is a good one but  you have some orange colored glasses on right now.The best lineman I have seen out of Coalfield was the Napier kid and he wasn't a D-1 kid.He was a mean nasty tush hog!Coalfield should have a very good line but to say it is better than the year Napier and Stewart were side by side is a long shot.I think that you all should be a better scoring team because of Parker than that team but you all don't have a Bible carrying the football either.Everyone else in our region will be down so I expect Coalfield to roll thru it!

He is just a junior this year.  He is meaner than Stewart but probably lacks the upper body strength.  Heck, what do I know though.  But I agree with you OnB on this line being as good as that group.  We shall go as Parker goes.  I hope he can stay healthy.

7 hours ago, Carl1976 said:

I'm not sure when the last time some of you have watched Coalfield but they do have a major D1 talented lineman and he is only a junior. They have the best starting 5 they have had in a very long time with a lot of playable depth off the bench. 

I am so sorry. I felt like I have given Coalfield nothing but love and praise on here. Wow... two Division 1 linemen at the same 1A school in the last few years. That's impressive.. we have won 5 state titles and had 6 runner up finished at SP and we have never had a D1 lineman at our school. 

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Benson Napier was a good linemen along with Stewart. I remember that Bible kid as well. He had some tough luck with a knee injury. What was the name of the other RB they had that took Bible's place in maybe 2013? He was tough as well. 

30 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Benson Napier was a good linemen along with Stewart. I remember that Bible kid as well. He had some tough luck with a knee injury. What was the name of the other RB they had that took Bible's place in maybe 2013? He was tough as well. 

Bible was a blown shoulder and the kid(Klore maybe) you are talking about blew his knee.

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

You talking about the Clore kid after Bible.  He came back from knee surgery. The Bible kid never seemed to recovery from his separated shoulder.  I don't believe they ever gave it time to completely heal.  He was a tough kid, he played on a bum shoulder for 2 years.

4 hours ago, rtl112 said:

You talking about the Clore kid after Bible.  He came back from knee surgery. The Bible kid never seemed to recovery from his separated shoulder.  I don't believe they ever gave it time to completely heal.  He was a tough kid, he played on a bum shoulder for 2 years.

I talked to his dad Jacket34 before our last game with his son.He had a torn Labrum,torn rotator and had two surgeries just to play high school football.Tough-very!I had  torn rotator cuff surgery and it is horrible,so to do it twice was crazy.I told his dad at some point he had to step in.But he said nope.Nothing is worth having a crippling injury for the rest of your life.He was hurt real bad in 2013 at your house in front of our bench,his arm was completely out of socket and was screaming like a Banshee!

I talked to his dad Jacket34 before our last game with his son.He had a torn Labrum,torn rotator and had two surgeries just to play high school football.Tough-very!I had  torn rotator cuff surgery and it is horrible,so to do it twice was crazy.I told his dad at some point he had to step in.But he said nope.Nothing is worth having a crippling injury for the rest of your life.He was hurt real bad in 2013 at your house in front of our bench,his arm was completely out of socket and was screaming like a Banshee!

How's your boy doing OnB?  Didn't he get a scholarship to play at Carson Newman?  I know the Napier kid is playing up at Tusclum.  I believe he's getting to start on the offensive line from  what I heard.

9 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

How's your boy doing OnB?  Didn't he get a scholarship to play at Carson Newman?  I know the Napier kid is playing up at Tusclum.  I believe he's getting to start on the offensive line from  what I heard.

He did but decided he wanted to go to work.Got a great job as a aluminum welder and hasn't looked back.Doing very well for himself.Wish he would have kept playing but its his life not mine.I MISS IT THO!!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

He did but decided he wanted to go to work.Got a great job as a aluminum welder and hasn't looked back.Doing very well for himself.Wish he would have kept playing but its his life not mine.I MISS IT THO!!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I bet you do!  He was a great ball player. Wish him well. I love the game but it is just a game.

On 6/29/2017 at 4:23 AM, orngnblk said:

Don't worry! You didn't offend me. I'm sure your knowledge of football is decent!