2017 1A Favorites?

AllRegion

I would take Stewart and Napier lining up side by side over this years starting 5 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. If you really go back and pay attention to the games you can notice the center wasn't great by any means last year either. Missed a lot of easy assignments and looked like it messed up the whole blocking scheme unless they were  just running some weird scheme last year it has to improve for coalfield to be in cookville this coming up year regardless of how talented at skill position CF is. Can get away with it against lesser teams like the oakdales and Hancock county teams(no offense) but not the greenbacks and south Pitts. 

3 hours ago, Clyde22Drexler said:

I would take Stewart and Napier lining up side by side over this years starting 5 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. If you really go back and pay attention to the games you can notice the center wasn't great by any means last year either. Missed a lot of easy assignments and looked like it messed up the whole blocking scheme unless they were  just running some weird scheme last year it has to improve for coalfield to be in cookville this coming up year regardless of how talented at skill position CF is. Can get away with it against lesser teams like the oakdales and Hancock county teams(no offense) but not the greenbacks and south Pitts. 

The running game wasnt there and if you rely solely on the pass it will be a long year again against playoff caliber teams.CHS has to be better up front and run the ball from the RB position.Parker will get his but you cannot afford to lose him from overuse.I'm just not sure anyone other than SP has the speed and coaching to handle your squad on the Eastern side.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

The running game wasnt there and if you rely solely on the pass it will be a long year again against playoff caliber teams.CHS has to be better up front and run the ball from the RB position.Parker will get his but you cannot afford to lose him from overuse.I'm just not sure anyone other than SP has the speed and coaching to handle your squad on the Eastern side.

What about Greenback?  They aren't going to fly under the radar.  That one running back you guys had is a bruiser(Gilbert I believe).  I don't know exactly what you guys lost except for Roberts, Kilpatrick and GBNations boy but they where good ones.   Everybody needs to understand we lost two on offense and two on D but the one that really matters was the Lowe kid because if I'm not mistaking he led the team in tackles on D.  The Foster kid I might think will be a pleasant surprise at running back and Keathly didn't look to bad but he's not very big.  We were searching last year for half the season trying to sure up the running game. Parker was the leading rusher i believe but that don't need to be the case. I'd like to know how many hogs Greenback lost up front last year?  It's like I've always said the off season is the most important season of all.  They wieght room is so important. 

14 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

As a neutral party I can assure you his football knowledge of Greenback and surrounding football is very good. 

You and OnB are pretty straight up and have good football knowledge.  I've had a few disagreement with OnB but I respect him.  I played against him one year in 88 and their line was the toughest we played that year. If you've ever tried to run through a brick wall then that's a fair comparison.  We did take three straight games after he graduated though.  We here at CHS are striving to get up ther with the South Pitts, Trousdale County, and Greenbacks of the east (I do believe about all of Trousdale championships have been in the east). 

9 hours ago, rtl112 said:

You and OnB are pretty straight up and have good football knowledge.  I've had a few disagreement with OnB but I respect him.  I played against him one year in 88 and their line was the toughest we played that year. If you've ever tried to run through a brick wall then that's a fair comparison.  We did take three straight games after he graduated though.  We here at CHS are striving to get up ther with the South Pitts, Trousdale County, and Greenbacks of the east (I do believe about all of Trousdale championships have been in the east). 

For Greenback to be mentioned with TC or SP they will have to actually win a few Championships not just make it. I'm just keeping it real 

30 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

For Greenback to be mentioned with TC or SP they will have to actually win a few Championships not just make it. I'm just keeping it real 

Well Tyrone, Greenback owns us right now and turd hammered us in the second half last year. Coalfield is the team to beat in the east in 2017. 

21 hours ago, Carl1976 said:

We can keep talking about it and you old timers can keep telling me how much you know, but we shall see in a very short time if I'm  right or not.  But it doesn't seem like either one of you know much about the current team to be honest. 

I know more of the current team than you'd think but you'd barely have to know anything about it to know naiper and stewart lining up by each other is better than the line this year. If you watched those two play I don't see how you could argue it any other way

23 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We're a young team this season. We are breaking in a new QB, and entire new defensive line, new RBs, and new offensive linemen. We also lost two good receivers. 

13 minutes ago, Clyde22Drexler said:

I know more of the current team than you'd think but you'd barely have to know anything about it to know naiper and stewart lining up by each other is better than the line this year. If you watched those two play I don't see how you could argue it any other way

Those two kids were men especially at the 1A level. If Coalfield has better linemen than those two from 2011-2014 then I will call them to Cookeville right now and it won't be close.