2017 1A Favorites?

AllRegion

Why is no one mentioning Huntingdon? They have a ton of skill returning. In 14 and 15 they were beaten by the eventual champs and in 16 beat in a game with questionable officiating. I'm not saying they're the favorites but they'll have something to say about who comes out of the west.

If you go back a few pages Huntingdon was talked about being the team to beat in the west.

yeah, he did attend the cornbread festival one time so that makes him a home town boy...

I asked the question this week. I was told we have an upcoming 9th grader that came to SP in 7th grade. He would be the only transfer I know of on this team. The rest of them are homegrown. Marion County has at least one transfer on the 2017 roster as well. It looks that Marion County will actually have more transfers on their team this coming year than SP.

Better not overlook Wayne County from the west. Got to see them scrimmage yesterday and looked pretty darn good. And that was without their best offensive lineman and a couple more players out. Played Columbia Acedemy and took it to them pretty good. Not sure what kind of year CA expecting but they took it on the chin yesterday.

Better not overlook Wayne County from the west. Got to see them scrimmage yesterday and looked pretty darn good. And that was without their best offensive lineman and a couple more players out. Played Columbia Acedemy and took it to them pretty good. Not sure what kind of year CA expecting but they took it on the chin yesterday.

Everyone knows not to look past Wayne County. They will be in the running every year. As for Columbia Academy? Their team last year was bad IMO. I'm not sure if 2017 will be any better.