Austin East at Marion County (Mathis man against this Phillips man)

Roy Dillard

HV1, I thot Jarrett had a good game plan for the AE game...I also imagine MC is watching that film again as we speak.

I'm not sure MC has the overall defensive speed HV had this season to cover Harper's pass nor run game...Even with HV's secondary speed AE still had them burnt quiet a few times.

MC will have to get to Harper to stop AE...They are very capable of stopping AE's backs but with Harper 'on' that even becomes harder to do.

AE had some issue with stopping your power run game as they did with ours....BUT it seems when they want to stop you, they turn it up and do so...AE is a head scratcher at times.

They also had problem with a couple of your bigs on the O & D lines....MC will bring the pain all night long so AE has to do a better job on both lines because Harper was pressured way too often and too often your QB had way too much time....HV's Morefield had a field day getting into the backfield....AE did not contain so well and let Street turn the corner too often... but Street's speed is something I'm not sure MC has coming out of the backfield.

(if there was one issue I had with HV's game plan, it was the fact that Street was ran so many times in the hole....Quick pitches and sweeps to Street would have given AE more of a problem IMO....34 & 40 was doing a very good job running the holes and HV went away from that at times and they didn't run nor throw to your other speedster much either)

Was an interesting game as this one will be.

For every issue I can see MC having with AE, I see an issue AE will have with MC....It IS the playoffs and this is the way it should be

AE did a really good job of containing him it was hard for him to find those open lanes. And usually when it is one on one he's good at making people miss, it was a lot harder for him to do that against them. A few of the times that he got loose would have been tds against most people but they did a really good job closing on him. AE did have a lot of trouble with our run game it seemed like but we had 2 big power backs running at them. I thought they got tired on the defensive front and that's when hv started pounding away. Morefield did a great job getting to Harper and if he gets those big paws on u its hard to get away. I am sure glad to have him back next year. He gets back in the weight room with Bowling this offseason and he will be a force next year

Don't underestimate MC's athletes this team is not slow! They have the speed to get the edge #8 can haul the mail. They will fly to the football on defense. This one will be a good one can't wait for Friday!

Fellers, I don't and won't underestimate MC....Has been a blast all season tell'n MC posters that AE was the east's only hope at a gold ball B)  (and against Trez, that may be true), but now it's down to the game we all felt was gonna happen.

As I told HV, I have told MC, you haven't seen speed like's a comin....And not sure  AE has seen the power of a MC team either 

AE did a really good job of containing him it was hard for him to find those open lanes. And usually when it is one on one he's good at making people miss, it was a lot harder for him to do that against them. A few of the times that he got loose would have been tds against most people but they did a really good job closing on him. AE did have a lot of trouble with our run game it seemed like but we had 2 big power backs running at them. I thought they got tired on the defensive front and that's when hv started pounding away. Morefield did a great job getting to Harper and if he gets those big paws on u its hard to get away. I am sure glad to have him back next year. He gets back in the weight room with Bowling this offseason and he will be a force next year

Had a lil gathering with players and parents last night....If coaches, parents and players want their teams to compete at a high level, the hard work and sacrifice starts right now.

HV and HHS has a lot of work and rebuilding to do, quickly....Our last game vs HV was unreal and I don't expect a crowd like that again for some time....But if these two turn it on in the off season, we just may pack it out on the 'hill' next season.

They did have a hard time stopping that offense. Walters looked really good, but with jones in the game u all could have matched their offense. There was one play im sure u remember, he could barely walk got pressured from both sides stepped up in the pocket and threw a beautiful ball to a kid right down the middle for a TD. he stays healthy I believe that score is ALOT closer. Yea hicks is definitely one of a kind, you don't get many that come around like that,

+1... ahhhhhh the "what if's" are killing me, what I'd give to go back to that game.. lol Good Luck to both AE and MC.

Marion knows their defense will be tested unlike it has been all year. They also know that a lot of the outcome will depend on them being able to get pressure on Harper. The longer he sits back there the more separation the AE wrs get on our defensive backs and thay spells trouble. I think this game is a shootout honestly. We arent going to shut down the roadrunners. Turnovers and special teams will also be key. If AE stops the run, they win, simple as that. Do i think AE matches up better with Trezevant? Absolutely, but i dont think Marion is ready to give up what they think is rightfully theirs, a place in cookeville.