Chattanooga area 2016-17

FootballFan51

it's correct. Cleveland had a 20 point lead at one point. McMinn is a small team that shoots 3's pretty much all game. Thought the Lady Raiders played Bradley pretty well Tuesday night also. I thunk Bradley will be to small to do any real damage this season.

The Lady Cherokees of McMinn were playing without their point guard, who's also the best 3 point shooter, as well as team leader on the floor.  Not making any excuses, but the team is different when she's not out there.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trivia question...How many players in Bradley's top 8 grew up in a Bradley County Middle School?

Sure a majority of them are from Bradley county but we are talking about recruiting. 2 of our best players aren't from a LF or Ocoee (Rhyne and Kimia) Heck if you don't recruit in some sort or fashion, then you're not trying to win. My daughter played a LF and whenever Reuter found out that it was possible that we were send my kid to WV he showed up at my house. All schools do it and if you're saying Bradley isn't then your nuts.

Katie, Katie, Rhyne, and Kimia are all non Bradley feeder players. That's 50% of your top 8. Please don't confuse the terms hard work and blatant disregard for the rules. Last I checked, character is still part of the ethical side of sports.

Ok so we are on the same page. I was thinking u were proving a point saying Bradley didn't recruit haha my bad.

There are no feeder schools in Bradley County. Period. That fact was made abundantly clear by the TSSAA when both BCHS and CHS football teams and coaches were put on probation for talking to players that were at middle schools. The only way you can have a feeder school is if the middle school is located on the same campus, which none of our three schools have. East Hamilton is a perfect example of having a feeder middle school to the high school because they are in one building. 

As for so-called recruiting, it happens at every school that has any semblance of becoming successful. Once you attain a consistent level of success it becomes a self-perpetuating system. Players want to play for a winner even though they may have attended a middle school where most students move to a high school with most of their friends while the athletes seek out a school that will provide them the best opportunity to improve their skill level and possibly obtain a college scholarship.

That's what happened with Maryville football for the past 15 or so years. Any good football player in the Blount county area seems to aspire to play for the Rebels and not the other local schools where one might expect them to matriculate. It's been that way across the state for years and it will never change. If you are following the rules then you have nothing to worry about in regard to where an athlete opts to attend high school.

There are numerous student athletes and non-athletes at Cleveland, Walker Valley and Bradley Central that did not attend the middle school normally associated with a certain high school. My children chose to attend BCHS to be part of a better program and team. That's why they wear/wore the Black and Gold. 

If you want to really talk about recruiting then look at the private schools in Chattanooga and see how many Cleveland-area athletes attend now or have attended Baylor, McCallie, Notre Dame, etc. They legally recruit by offering scholarships in 'hardship' cases or for a myriad of reasons that they can come up with at those schools. That's exaclty why we now have separate classifications for public schools vs private schools that offer financial aid.

Over the years there have been several players locally that transferred between schools after starting or playing  at another. Tiffani Buckalew transferred to BCHS after playing 2 years at CHS. Houston Phillips transferred to CHS after 2 years at BCHS. The Colbaugh girl transferred to CHS after playing 9th grade at BCHS and the Walker girl at WVHS transferred there after playing at BHCS her 9th grade year. Rhyne Howard transferred to BCHS after starting at East Hamilton as an 8th grader in a very bad program. There are BCHS basketball boys this year that began playing at CHS before moving to BCHS. There are just a few of many more athletes that quickly come to mind. 

it's a matter of letting kids go where they choose to go. Many times it for more playing time or because their 'helicopter' parents who are living their life through their kids feel like their kid is not getting a fair shot at more playing time at their current school. 

Over the years there have been several players locally that transferred between schools after starting or playing at another. Tiffani Buckalew transferred to BCHS after playing 2 years at CHS. Houston Phillips transferred to CHS after 2 years at BCHS. The Colbaugh girl transferred to CHS after playing 9th grade at BCHS and the Walker girl at WVHS transferred there after playing at BHCS her 9th grade year. Rhyne Howard transferred to BCHS after starting at East Hamilton as an 8th grader in a very bad program. There are BCHS basketball boys this year that began playing at CHS before moving to BCHS. There are just a few of many more athletes that quickly come to mind.

it's a matter of letting kids go where they choose to go. Many times it for more playing time or because their 'helicopter' parents who are living their life through their kids feel like their kid is not getting a fair shot at more playing time at their current school.

I agree kids should get to go where they choose. Big difference than being recruited. All 3 Bradley county and most surrounding counties have kids that chose to leave one school simply because they didn't like the school / social / academic life at said school. But when Parents and coaches actively recruit either directly or through parents it is a violation of TSSAA rules.

I'm wondering way anyone would make post about kids that goes to any high school from middle school? Tssaa has made it very clear there are no feeder schools! If you do not have a high school record you may play sports at any school that will allow you to attend. I've noticed that some kids have left one high school for another after they started their high school years. For example Anastasia Hayes at Riverdale. She is probably the favorite to win Miss Basketball this year and she started high school somewhere else. Looks like it worked out pretty good for her. I guessing her family moved to the Riverdale school zone or she would not be playing. Just because your transfer is not very good doesn't make it any different. What I'm hearing is it only matters if the girl who tranfers is a good player. You can't have it both ways. If you feel that strong about transfer then tell them you don't want them when they come to your school. A old private school coach told a group of people i was with years ago, there is a fine line between recruiting and desirability!

I completely agree with the fact that kids get to choose where they want to go. That's not the issue here. Recruiting is defined as "undue influence" and it's illegal. You already heard a parent on here say the Bradley coach came to their house. That's cheating, plain and simple.

Besides being against the rules me personally find it sad that administrations and coaches in the public sector find it necessary to recruit. Why ? Are the kids in your own area not good enough to play with chosen or thought to be chosen stars? If it continues down the way it's going sports will be a thing of the past. Sad. But it's a new norm now apparently. I watch less and less and from the attendance I've seen at games when I do go more and more people are choosing to just not go. Even the big rivalry games don't draw like they did.

I completely agree with the fact that kids get to choose where they want to go. That's not the issue here. Recruiting is defined as "undue influence" and it's illegal. You already heard a parent on here say the Bradley coach came to their house. That's cheating, plain and simple.

Let me get this straight. Somebody gets on a message board and claims a coach came to their house makes a coach guilty? I would not want you on my jury trial ! I don"t know who these people are but I would bet they are lying. Easy to hide behind a user name and make false statements. Tssaa rules says anyone associated with a school or not associated with a school who ask a kid to come to a high school is a violation. Think long and hard about that before you throw rocks if you live in a glass house. 

Let me get this straight. Somebody gets on a message board and claims a coach came to their house makes a coach guilty? I would not want you on my jury trial ! I don"t know who these people are but I would bet they are lying. Easy to hide behind a user name and make false statements. Tssaa rules says anyone associated with a school or not associated with a school who ask a kid to come to a high school is a violation. Think long and hard about that before you throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

Well the guy who posted it I know him. I'll take his word on it. He's a pretty good guy. Straight shooter. Even when his team sucks or former team.

Edited by anotherback