Chattanooga area 2016-17

FootballFan51

No Cleveland transfers were influenced in any way to attend Cleveland High School. FACT. Nobody cares who attends Bradley, just let them and their parents make their decision without influence. It's simple really and I'm sure most readers agree.

I think you have Cleveland headed in the right direction, going to take a lot of time obviously. But keep up the good work. I think you have a stud on your hands in Bailey Anderson. Don't pay attention to the message board warriors.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference in the posts here , one claimed the Bradley coach visited a family and tried to persuade them. Sounds unlikely but that's different than players leaving on their own, especially entering ninth grade.

I think that is the difference between transfers and recruits. But I'm not sure of recruiting done by boosters or other players parents. Where that falls. I also have a question. If a player and their parents move to the zone and end up living in an assistant coaches parents rental property or even a rental property of another players parents or grand parents would that fall under TSSAA guidelines or would it be a violation?

I'd say no violation unless rent was not at equal rate to other similar or identical units.

Well then that's a loophole. It's a good thing I suppose for the player in question but again is it ethical. Sure it helps said player with getting eligible but there's a trade off. My point is would it occur for a non athelete and their family by the same people providing the residence? Doubtful.

Depends on if the family was told in advance about the rental, possibly.

I think you nailed it earlier. The outside influence from a coach either directly or indirectly is what separates Transfers and Recruits. And there are obvious loop holes. And just as obvious some boosters and coaches just don't have the stomach to lose with the kids they have growing up in their own systems. The same kids the sport is supposed to be about. What are we teaching them?