WBHS Schedule 2017

etcoach

5 hours ago, strongx said:

Only criticism was why play starters so much in jamboree? That is nothing new. 

The WB JV team is participating in a JV jamboree at Powell as we speak so they will be getting lots of good reps. Also, I wasnt at the jamboree, but I have a hard time believing we just played starters. I have been to all of the preseason scrimmages going back to spring, and I havent seen all of the starters together on the field yet. Part of that has been by design and part of it hasnt.  I saw T.J King's stats in the paper, and it said he had 7 carries for 35 yards. And it was my understanding that most of his carries, if not all, were on that first drive down the field.

30 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

The WB JV team is participating in a JV jamboree at Powell as we speak so they will be getting lots of good reps. Also, I wasnt at the jamboree, but I have a hard time believing we just played starters. I have been to all of the preseason scrimmages going back to spring, and I havent seen all of the starters together on the field yet. Part of that has been by design and part of it hasnt.  I saw T.J King's stats in the paper, and it said he had 7 carries for 35 yards. And it was my understanding that most of his carries, if not all, were on that first drive down the field.

You can watch it on the link Red Rebels posted. 

24 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

You may be right gunna-I was watching through some type of netting/wind screen. I never knew the wind was such as issue on that end of the field. I thought I saw the starting qb throw a pick on the 3rd or 4th series after the starting offense had played quite a bit in the earlier series. But maybe it was a backup who threw it. 

Speaking of jv games, why wouldn't our jamboree have a jv matchup or two to start it? All 4 county schools have a jv. That way there wouldn't have to be such a scramble to play everyone. More importantly for the decision makers, it may mean a few xtra $.

3 minutes ago, strongx said:

You may be right gunna-I was watching through some type of netting/wind screen. I never knew the wind was such as issue on that end of the field. I thought I saw the starting qb throw a pick on the 3rd or 4th series after the starting offense had played quite a bit in the earlier series. But maybe it was a backup who threw it. 

Speaking of jv games, why wouldn't our jamboree have a jv matchup or two to start it? All 4 county schools have a jv. That way there wouldn't have to be such a scramble to play everyone. More importantly for the decision makers, it may mean a few xtra $.

It was Blair that threw the pick. I'm talking about the supporting cast. I have yet to see them all on the field at the same time. Blair has gotten a lot of reps because he has yet to start in a varsity game and the backup is a freshman.

6 minutes ago, strongx said:

It was practically a jv game after the first couple of series for us.