Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

I remember the last time we played Greeneville in '90 or '91 they had a RB whose nickname was "The Mudcat" big ole boy. Can't recall his real name, though. I also remember McMillan from DB. Great RB for them.

You talking about James "mud turtle" Maze. Great running back. Greeneville has had some good ones over the years. Dustin Moore, Brigham Lyons, jasmine Lowery, Thomas Lister, BJ Spradlin, etc.

DB had a really good team in 2002 when McMillan was a RB. Lost to Riverdale 14 to 9 in the semis. Had a 3 point lost to MBA who won state that year and the 19 to 10 loss to Greeneville who was 11-2 with both losses coming to Morristown West.

Edited by Swipes

You talking about James "mud turtle" Maze. Great running back. Greeneville has had some good ones over the years. Dustin Moore, Brigham Lyons, jasmine lower, Thomas Lister, BJ Spradlin, etc.

That was him, yessir. He was a big ole RB. We held him in check, but we were great in those days. He didn't do much against us, but had a lot of fanfare coming into that game. And yes, they have had some talented ones.

The best you got is wrong? You believe what you want to but 1. I talked to McMillan about it when we both attended UT together, so go ask him yourself. 2. You can look up the history of the extra E since Nathanael GreenE spelt his name that way, so take it up with a dead revolutionary war hero who the town is named after. 3. I said one of the best teams to come through Greeneville not the best but top 5 all the way around. Happy Thanksgiving WaCoJaC

So this guy might have been a war hero but he was a terrible speller. And after all these years nobody has thought to correct it. Your spelling isn't much better. You went to college? None the less Happy Thanksgiving Swiper

The best you got is wrong? You believe what you want to but 1. I talked to McMillan about it when we both attended UT together, so go ask him yourself. 2. You can look up the history of the extra E since Nathanael GreenE spelt his name that way, so take it up with a dead revolutionary war hero who the town is named after. 3. I said one of the best teams to come through Greeneville not the best but top 5 all the way around. Happy Thanksgiving WaCoJaC

So this guy might have been a war hero but he was a terrible speller. And after all these years nobody has thought to correct it. Your spelling isn't much better. You went to college? None the less Happy Thanksgiving Swiper

Here is DB's schedule next year

At Greeneville

Oak Ridge

Science Hill

At Sevier Co

Bye

Alcoa

At Bearden

Farragut

At Hardin Valley

Morristown West

At Jefferson Co

I sure hope this is it,atleast the first game.Hope DB takes the band to Greeneville,my sis would love that.One of the top bands in the country.Greeneville will play to make a statement against the Tribe,might not be the smartest move up here but as a Devil fan, I like it for them.

Edited by BatmanDB

Greene county has a bunch of history Swipes.My favorite person from way back was born in Greene county a couple months after Nathanael Greene died.You know you left a huge legacy when John Wayne plays you in a movie.

I could go into what players have left including three of the best lineman ,the best athlete and so on from the best 9th grade team in years and the fact they will be seniors next year.Nobody outside of all those kids and the kids that walk the halls that are great athletes and their families really care.I watched Sevier kill Greeneville three years ago and Robinson beat them in the playoffs before beating Sevier in the championship.That Greeneville 7th and 8th grade bunch will be a heavy favorite to win state next year.DB is trying to pad the schedule before another playoff laugh.What matters to the average fan I talk to is DB sucks every year come playoff time.One year in over a decade has DB won as many as two games in a playoff.Now,it doesn't take an inside person to figure out their is a problem somewhere between middle school ,the 9th grade and winning when it counts.The athlete's started in the system but have no chance against a team like Maryville or Oakland now days. It's not the kids fault,but a leadership problem getting them what they need.Hundreds of kids including my own have been let down by Kingsport and it's leaders. I don't blame some of those people because they have tried to make some changes and I don't blame all of the coaches because there are some good ones.Once again,the bottom line is the results and that smart monkey on youtube would be a great addition to the board at this point.

Batman

Who is this athlete your speaking of who quit? He will be a senior next year?

Edited by toocool