Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If the first scrimmage is any indication, still no secondary.  Doesn't matter how good the offense is, other teams will simply outscore them.  Could be a record setting season for DB.

What ??     DB's 1's romped the Betsy 1's.       And the Cyclones are no slouch team, ranked about #7 in the state.      It's so early to be sure, but DB should finish 3rd in R1 behind Farragut and The Hill.     That will be good enough for the playoffs.      And who knows, DB may take The Hill this year.

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

What ??     DB's 1's romped the Betsy 1's.       And the Cyclones are no slouch team, ranked about #7 in the state.      It's so early to be sure, but DB should finish 3rd in R1 behind Farragut and The Hill.     That will be good enough for the playoffs.      And who knows, DB may take The Hill this year.

I'm going totally on this one scrimmage. I don't see much improvement on defense. The secondary running around lost just like the past two or tree years. It could improve but as of now looks like the same old same old.  The Greenville game will tell you how DB's season will go.

21 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm going totally on this one scrimmage. I don't see much improvement on defense. The secondary running around lost just like the past two or tree years. It could improve but as of now looks like the same old same old.  The Greenville game will tell you how DB's season will go.

You never know, a scrimmage is just coaches getting a chance to try things out, so you're right about the 1st real game being a good gauge of the season.     Even if DB loses to the Devils I would still go with at least a 3rd place finish in R1.      Now if Greeneville wins by 3+ scores then it is going to be a bad season.    Don't see that happening, although I am leaning Greeneville's way for the win in a close one.    Lots of first game jitters, penalties, mistakes, etc so nobody scores out of the 20's in this one.

13 hours ago, blazer1set said:

As long as 1 of those 3 is a loss to Greeneville, right ?  :)

Well,I would very much like to see the Devils go 15-0 again.They have a very hard schedule for a 4A school as well.It's almost exactly what they had back in the old days when DB ,SH and Morristown were part of the same conference.I think DB fans would gladly lose 3 regular season games to go 5-0 in the playoffs.The football playoffs have been a huge part of Dobyns Bennett fans frustrations since they begain in the 60's.I know as a DB parent ,it was very frustrating watching a team come to J fred with half the talent and walk out with a win in the first round.I can't imagine how many state titles Greeneville and Elizabethton would have had between them in todays setup back in the 30s,40s,50s,60s,70s and so on with or without playoffs.Elizabethton won the only " one class "state playoff ever held in 1938 before the state started the current playoff system in the late 60's.I think DB was also the first round game for Elizabethton that year for goodness sakes .

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Maryville is now at 773.

Next week you will tie.

This ongoing wins thing means nothing anyway.  Most of the wins came as the result of playing schools the TSSAA should have never had them playing. Like Central, Volunteer,....  It's all a joke to make Clark feel better.

Edited by DBGRAD70
  • Upvote 1