Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

If DB would have scheduled Greenville and Alcoa last year they would have probably lost to those two teams. Both them teams outrank DB in the state rankings. So far DB has 34 returning seniors. That is A LOT. Greenville annihilated almost every team they played last year and Alcoa is 3A state champs. Not a bad move for DB to schedule that this year knowing they have 34 returning seniors. Greenville looks like they do not have too many returning this year. Alcoa field just as many players as DB so that will be an interesting game. They do not have the same amount of seniors returning though. DB would not have scheduled them two games if they thought they were going to have a down year. Just my opinion. Should be a good year for DB.

If DB hasn't made "MAJOR" changes on defense it will be another disappointing season. Could be really bad with this schedule. Doesn't matter how many returning seniors you have if their always out of position to make a play. Clark needs a good defense because he gets rattled and can't take the pressure. That's well documented.

Let’s look at 2017 as 2 seasons:

The first 5 games (Greeneville, OakRidge, Science Hill, SevierCo, Alcoa) could be brutal, emphasis on “could beâ€.  With the exception of SevierCo, the other 4 have a very real probability of winning.   So after a 1-4 start fans need to remember to keep the seat belts on and stay inside the ride at all times..

The last 5 (Bearden, Farragut, HardinValley, MoWest, JeffCo) will be a bit of  a breather and lead to a 5-0 run to finish strong.  And yes, I know Farragut won the 5A title last year, not saying that was a fluke or anything because they were the better team, but Farragut is not a title-dynasty team either.

After all the smoke clears that gives us a 6-4 record heading into the playoffs riding a 5 game win streak.   With Maryville out of the way until round 2/3, this has all the earmarks of turning out to be a pretty decent year.  Is a state title run on the table?   Of course not, but hey, getting to round 2/3 will be a huge step in the right direction.

What think ye??

I think we beat Greeneville by 14 to 20 points.  Our O line manhandles their all new defensive front.   Then we beat OR.   Fantastic RB, below average QB, five star receiver gone.  Alcoa , SH, may be losses.   Farragut will be the second toughest of the year behind Alcoa.  Two D1 receivers.  Your overall record may be spot on Blazer,  but my list of who we beat differs.  Good topic though...

Edited by johndeere

I think we beat Greeneville by 14 to 20 points.  Our O line manhandles their all new defensive front.   Then we beat OR.   Fantastic RB, below average QB, five star receiver gone.  Alcoa , SH, may be losses.   Farragut will be the second toughest of the year behind Alcoa.  Two D1 receivers.  Your overall record may be spot on Blazer,  but my list of who we beat differs.  Good topic though...

You better hope that secondary has gotten better if you think you will beat Greeneville by 14 to 20 points.  They return almost the whole offense that loves to air it out.  4 upcoming Juniors with D1 offers already and 3 returning Oline starters

DB beats Greeneville by 14-20 points ?!?!?

Here's something to chew on...  since 2013 Greeneville is 44-6.
Of those 6 losses only 3 have been by 14 or more points.

2013 12-1
2014 10-2
2015 11-2
2016 11-1

I guess we will see in 64 days, but I just do not see Greeneville losing by that much.

You better hope that secondary has gotten better if you think you will beat Greeneville by 14 to 20 points.  They return almost the whole offense that loves to air it out.  4 upcoming Juniors with D1 offers already and 3 returning Oline starters

I think johndeere is a actual tractor and not a person at all.  A person would know better.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

As I said today when talking to an old buddy.DB is loaded with talented players,one is his son.There is no reason that DB couldn't have been in the hunt this year except for the obvious.The leaders in K town could care less about sports.It wouldn't shock me to see DB win most of their games and make a nice run but it also wouldn't if they had a season like the last couple.The Devils have a really nice team and I look forward to the 2017 season.In no way will I say the matchup is a done deal either way because I know what DB has and I know what the Devils have.Could be ugly either way or it could be very close.That's why they play the games

Blazer only asked for opinions, so I gave mine. We will see soon enough. The Juniors and seniors have been battling each other for years.  Takeem hard to replace down there. Although they ran up some pretty big numbers on Central and Cherokee (playing with a third string QB).   Agree with Batman, hard to predict.  The game will be televised for those who want to stay home. To Waco, Nick Colobro is back as D Line coach.  Did a pretty good job a few years back.  

Hardcore DB guys like Waco are being very cautious…..    they have seen it too many times where the team is loaded with talent but somehow manages to flub around and be mediocre.  And BTW when that happens its not the players' fault although they usually take the hit.

Frankly I am surprised that DB would schedule Greeneville and Alcoa, it is a no-win situation for the Tribe.    If DB wins then it will be “Well what do you expect, DB is 2-3 times the size of (_____)â€.   If DB loses it will be “What???    The 6th biggest HS in the state can’t even hang with a 3A/4A team??â€

So the Greeneville game is on TV?   Man I wish they could find a way to move it to Thursday night..   Perhaps someone on here who is close to Clark could suggest that

Hardcore DB guys like Waco are being very cautious…..    they have seen it too many times where the team is loaded with talent but somehow manages to flub around and be mediocre.  And BTW when that happens its not the players' fault although they usually take the hit.

Frankly I am surprised that DB would schedule Greeneville and Alcoa, it is a no-win situation for the Tribe.    If DB wins then it will be “Well what do you expect, DB is 2-3 times the size of (_____)â€.   If DB loses it will be “What???    The 6th biggest HS in the state can’t even hang with a 3A/4A team??â€

So the Greeneville game is on TV?   Man I wish they could find a way to move it to Thursday night..   Perhaps someone on here who is close to Clark could suggest that

I'm not being cautious blaze. Unless they have hired a new defensive coordinator and a new defensive backs coach theres nothing to be cautious about. Those two positions are the sole reason that DB football has gone from having 10-0 seasons to having losing seasons. Nobody with even half a brain could argue that. I haven't heard anything about a new hire yet. If they start this season without making a "MAJOR" change in coaching on defense it will be another losing season. Bank on it. Some of you guys are somewhat excited about this year with all these players returning, but you are predicting a 6-4 season. But I guess that's where we are now with this program. 6-4 is considered a good season and something to get excited about. We're right there with Central and Volunteer now. This is 100% in Clarks lap. Hopefully they'll somehow get up enough nerve to fire him after this season and he can go sell bad tasting craft beer with his brother at the beat-nick bar. LOL!  I actually heard they were about to let him go last year but he talked them into another year. I'm betting he didn't want another coach coming in and taking over with all this talent. Would of made him look even worse. If that's even possible.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

I'd rather win and have people say what do you expect if I were DB. I told my friend yesterday that hope his son and all the kids have a great season and even a great game against my Devils,but I want the Devils to still beat them.For some reason he wants my Devils to lose,as I would have a year or two ago myself