Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

• 4 weeks later...

Got a chance to see where a few of the former DB basketball players and other athletes are still playing a high school sport these days.I talked to  some parents during a couple of Kingsport city rec games about the DB football program as well.A parent of one of the football starters and in my mind ,a young man that should have already been a D1 top prospect,said he will transfer to another school .If it happens or not,I've known this family for years and wish this young man all the best. I seen another  kid there that was atleast 6'7'' and 300 pounds and had great foot movement. I asked where he went to school.Answer ? DB ,but he doesn't play football ! I've heard people say there were no athletes at DB.I guess like myself,they just have not seen all the kids walking the halls that could be playing football or another sport at many of the local high schools..

If you're an athlete with the ability to play at the next level DB is not the place for you. Not everybody can afford to transfer though.

Very true that everyone can't afford to transfer and that's probably a good thing for many programs but not for many kids that won't play for several of those coaches.I can't see a reason for DB or SH not to be a powerhouse in all sports.No other school in NET should be able to compete with either of them with any kind of consistency.Just from the athletes that play for DB and the ones that I've seen that are there in the halls,is enough to know my Devils shouldn't have a chance on the football field.Much like years ago when DB dominated all of the locals as well as teams around the state and even country,but there was no playoff system.I'm thankful Greeneviile has people who care about sports as well as education and the band program.I hope the Devils can give DB a great opening game come football time but I'll go ahead and give a huge edge to that great Kingsport band.

Actually GS did coach Defensive backs this season at Dobyns Bennett. For the ones saying he should be coaching at DB, he did this last season. He was in the press box each game. Dobyns Bennett defensive backs struggled all season, kids played hard but the talent is just not there right now.

Edited by toocool

I guarantee you there are athletes at DB from what I know and what I've seen.The problem is getting all of them out and keeping them out for football and basketball.I never want to see my coach or staff leave Greeneville,but I'd bet any amount that would be an overnight fix if a coach like Ballard were to come up here and put together a staff with some new blood mixed in with a few that are on staff and bring the program back to life.All those kids coming up and all the former players deserve better then the political horse crap that Kingsport has going on.The tax payers dang sure deserve a better return on their money