Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

Actually GS did coach Defensive backs this season at Dobyns Bennett. For the ones saying he should be coaching at DB, he did this last season. He was in the press box each game. Dobyns Bennett defensive backs struggled all season, kids played hard but the talent is just not there right now.

If Sensabaugh had more time and full reign with the defensive backs there would of been great improvement. DB has been pretty good on offense for years but terrible on defense. Especially with the defensive backfield. Years of terrible coaching can't be fixed in the short time he was there. DB hasn't had decent coaching on defense since Watson left. There have been some very good players that have left the program but there is still plenty of talent. DB should of went 9-1 in regular season last year and you see where they ended up. It's coaching.

Just looking at the 2017 DB schedule, here are the first 5 games:

at Greeneville
Oak Ridge
Science Hill
at Sevier County
Alcoa

If nothing changes at DB, could this be a 1-4 start?
Suppose Oak Ridge will drop off some from last year, so maybe 2-3?
Or is ole Blazer just being a Negative Nellie??
Boone is potentially looking at a 1-4 start as well.  Our backfield will be loaded but our line was decimated due to graduation.
Well guys we will find out in a few months..

Greenville will have a great team again. Oak Ridge is going to lose a lot of talent to graduation but I doubt they drop off that much. And they always play the Indians tough. Science Hill should be better. The key word being should. They return a lot of talent, especially at the skill positions. QB Jaylan Adams will be back and that's a big plus for them. He finally seemed to find his groove towards the end of last season. Line play is the question mark there. Sevier County, I really don't know much about going into next season. As has been said many times, DB has the athletes. It's the coaching that is holding them back.

If Sensabaugh had more time and full reign with the defensive backs there would of been great improvement. DB has been pretty good on offense for years but terrible on defense. Especially with the defensive backfield. Years of terrible coaching can't be fixed in the short time he was there. DB hasn't had decent coaching on defense since Watson left. There have been some very good players that have left the program but there is still plenty of talent. DB should of went 9-1 in regular season last year and you see where they ended up. It's coaching.

I disagree, the talent level is not there right now. You can call it coaching all you want but to say their record would have been 9-1 is laughable. It would not have mattered who would have been coaching this past season, they may should won one, maybe two more games. You could see some improvements at times but overall the skill set is just not very high right now. GS worked with corners and safeties at D-B, that's all he did. He did the best he could with what he had to work with.

I disagree, the talent level is not there right now. You can call it coaching all you want but to say their record would have been 9-1 is laughable. It would not have mattered who would have been coaching this past season, they may should won one, maybe two more games. You could see some improvements at times but overall the skill set is just not very high right now. GS worked with corners and safeties at D-B, that's all he did. He did the best he could with what he had to work with.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I think the stats on defense prove me correct. Year after year after year. It's very poor coaching on the defense side of the ball.

GS helped as much as Clark allowed him too , it's Clarks field and his way !!!!

There is a lot of talent at DB , a lot walking the hallways . Several players quit , several players leave - talent would be on the field if popularity and not liking change was not such a big part of Grahams game ! The problem is is that Graham is not involved like he should be and is too comfortable with the ones he has been around for years .... that's called change and he don't like it !!! What has to be done is wiping out some people and building the city leagues . Boys club - they have to bring back the long Saturdays at the Boys club where there would be games from 9 am till 9 pm ... its managed horrible down there and something has to be done and a Coach like Clark is not helping the matter one bit (it's freaking sad ) .... get out and allow someone to come in and revamp football from peewee to high school and get the middle schools on tract with DB !!! Look at what soccer built , look what Ryan has done with baseball , wrestling is on its way up , softball, (the darn Band) <~ tired of hearing about them ....Until certain people grow some and starts getting these people that don't know crap about sports out of the City and School syestem - it will always be the same!! Clark , yeah great #s , great coach for the kids , but he is terrible With change and communication with coaches !!! It's sad when you get on a football thread and other teams are asking " is the band coming " - I guess it's because they are great !!!!!!!

Edited by kingindian33

Thank goodness we will have some excitement in 3 years if this New School gets built ... we will have a chance to see new sports in Kingsport and they can't base everything off of History !!

I would hate to have a kid that is driving age having to travel from parts of Sullivan county to where the new school will be located.If they move the Sevier middle school kids over to north like they are saying,it will be a pain for a lot of kids and parents when it comes to sports.Maybe that's why it was done.I would have rather seen that shet hole mall torn down and a new school built there for both Sevier and Robinson kids .Then build a nice place out on stone drive to shop or see a movie like they have in Bristol.

I would hate to have a kid that is driving age having to travel from parts of Sullivan county to where the new school will be located.If they move the Sevier middle school kids over to north like they are saying,it will be a pain for a lot of kids and parents when it comes to sports.Maybe that's why it was done.I would have rather seen that shet hole mall torn down and a new school built there for both Sevier and Robinson kids .Then build a nice place out on stone drive to shop or see a movie like they have in Bristol.

It's looking like the current school board as a whole is very anti-sports. I had a short conversation with one of them a couple weeks ago (cut short by me). He said they were concerned about education, not sports. I ask can't you be concerned about both? Like walking and chewing gum at the same time. They can do it at Maryville. As for the nice place to shop that they have in Bristol. Exactly what you see there in Bristol would of been in Kingsport if not for the "Fat Brothers" (one tree hugger and one drunk) that were running the city at that time.

Agree with you both ... driving will be dangerous and Sports don't matter in Kingsport - very sad !!

Our own Kingsport Leaders are a joke ... I guess they don't remember DB education being ranked among the best and sports being great at the same time ....I think this is called High School and if Kingsport don't care about sports(which they don't ) then make it a "Band School " because thats all they are about anyway !!

Edited by kingindian33

Sometimes batman has to step back even though I'm a Devil.Last night one of the best returning DB players got my attention and ask how I was doing.He is a super all around athlete and  I always liked this young man as I have  so many that are still playing or moved on.I wish him and this group of seniors all the best as they finish up and move on in life.This is another one of those young men that could start anywhere and has made some huge plays through out his playing days.Every time I see one of these players or former players,I take the extra minute or two to say a kind word and tell them how I wish them the best and what fine athletes they are.They read what these suck -ups say and I like to remind them what the truth is.