How are West TN teams looking after the first couple of games?

RealisticFan45

Lets hear some feedback on who looked good, bad or OK this the first week.

I saw Liberty and Gibson Co. and Humboldt and Covington

Gibson Co is still as discipline as they have been in the past. I don't think they are as talented but Bethel commit Justice White looked solid on both ends. She is moving a lot better than she was at the state tournament.

Liberty has a decent guard in Mason, and a wing in Jones that look to be their primary scorers, but they struggle to score. They play hard but erratic at times. They have a couple big girls that may pan out if they're assertive.

Humboldt, well they are still Humboldt. I saw potential in the point guard Owens and one of the wing players. The big can score around the basket but has slow feet, could not defend.

Covington is not bad. They defended well have good guard play

Edited by RealisticFan45

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview is going to be tough to beat. They are averaging 65+ points a game and that is without their stud point guard that will be back after Christmas from ACL surgery. If you sag in and guard their post then they will kick it out and bury a three. They are looking good early which is scary considering their star point guard isn't back playing yet

• 2 weeks later...

Greenfield and Gleason will surprise people. Gleason has a veteran team of players with 4-5 years of varsity experience because they've played since 8th grade. Greenfield will rely on help from 2 of the top freshman in the state in Chloe Moore and Tess Darby, to go along a good group of upperclassmen. These two teams will be fun to watch this season.

Everyone I have seen looks solid.  Gibson County, Middleton, USJ, Munford, Westview Greenfield, Gleason, South Side Lexington and I may be leaving out one or 2.  None look dominant like last year's Middleton and Gibson County, but Westview IMO looks like a lock to go back to the Boro.  Single A is going to be a dog fight and a lot of fun to follow!

I've seen USJ, Chester County,TCA, Haywood,Bolivar, Crockett County, South Gibson, South Side, Peabody, Milan, Bradford, Gibson County, McNairy, Humboldt, Dyersburg, Lexington, and Middleton. I will get out to see Greenfield, Westview, Gleason, Munford, Dyer County, Fayette-Ware and Covington. Lots of solid teams.

Edited by dmm88