How are West TN teams looking after the first couple of games?

RealisticFan45

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen the two teams spilt up, but we played Pritchett, the starting big girl, the red headed three point shooter as well as others that play regularly. Maybe not their whole team but their main scorers were on that team. GC just took them to the wire a couple of weeks ago. If you want to get detailed about it, I know Justice White missed the first summer game and maybe the second. Sounds like any thing less than a state title for Westview will be a failure since they are good enough to have two quality teams. They give it away last year. Let's hope they don't this year.

I seen the two teams spilt up, but we played Pritchett, the starting big girl, the red headed three point shooter as well as others that play regularly. Maybe not their whole team but their main scorers were on that team. GC just took them to the wire a couple of weeks ago. If you want to get detailed about it, I know Justice White missed the first summer game and maybe the second. Sounds like any thing less than a state title for Westview will be a failure since they are good enough to have two quality teams. They give it away last year. Let's hope they don't this year.

We're on the same team here, so don't get upset about it. One team had Pritchett, Reagan, the red head, and Callins and the other team had Graves, Moore, and the quick little guard (Zenothia?). Those teams weren't exactly evenly split based upon a scoring & speed aspect and that came from our players comments, not mine. 

Watching the state tourney last year...I was there too and I agree that WV buckled in the semis and should have won, but from watching them this summer and in the GC game, I think their Coach might have shook up his rotation this year which evidently was needed. I don't know if they have enough to win it all, it'll all depend on how Jones returns.

GC will be fine come tourney time and need to concentrate on 14A. The rest will take care of itself. Good luck to WV. I have several friends from Martin and they're always supportive when GC isn't playing them and from what I know they like each other...off the court.

I am not going to argue about it. It is not that important any way because now is the time it counts. I will be pulling for Westview as I always do and I will for sure be pulling for GC. I hope we both win it all. If we don't make it and Westview don't make it, I will be pulling for whoever makes it out of West TN.

I'll do a top 5 for each class. No order

A- Gleason, Greenfield, Dresden, Gibson County, Middleton

AA- Jackson South Side, Westview, Dyersburg, Covington, Craigmont

AAA- White Station, Memphis Central, Munford, Dyer County, Houston

A: Middleton, Gleason, Dresden, Greenfield, Gibson County

AA: South Side, Dyersburg, Westview, Covington, Lexington

AAA: White Station, Central, Dyer County, Houston, Munford

We got a lot of the same, just in a little different order right now. In AA--McNairy is a little better than people might think, Haywood--if they get it together may make the list as well.

No order.

A - Gibson County, Middleton, Greenfield, Dresden, Gleason, DC Riverside, TCA, Mem Mitchell, Mem BTW, Huntingdon

AA - Southside, Lewis Co, S. Gibson, Westview, F'Ware, D'burg, Lexington, Mem Raleigh Egypt, Crockett Co, Mem Sheffield

AAA - Houston, Dyer Co, Hamilton, Whitehaven, Munford, Arlington, Hardin Co, Mem Central, White Station, Dickson Co

There aren't many 3A schools in our area.