1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

All the E. TN faithful will scream BS on this, but I agree 1,000,000%. The 5-6 best teams in 1A were all in W.TN this year. Lions were the beast of the best (misspelled on purpose).

No disrespect to anyone in the east but the gap between east and west in 1a and 2a has not closed one bit. The west in the smallest two classes are way ahead of the east and that gap will remain for awhile. Congrats to Dresden on the gold ball and to Greenback for two straight silver balls. Not an easy accomplishment. The west had 4 or 5 teams in 1a that would have won the gold ball over the east this year. I expect it will be the same next year in the smallest two classes.

Not going to take the time to go back through this thread & call out all the doubters & naysayers but if you were on here the last week talking about how Dresden didn't stand a chance & calling some of our players & team "trash", please eat your crow & congratulate this group of boys. i really expected some to have been on here by now. BCsportsfan for sure needs to eat his share of crow since he wasn't even affiliated with either team. Both teams showed in the 1st half that they deserved to be in the championship game. As I anticipated, Dresden made adjustments & did their thing in the 2nd half. Greenback's players were just as advertised (with the good & bad) & should be proud of a great season. I was taken back by the size of some of GB's boys when they came on the field but knew we had the playmakers on our team to get the win. Saw where at least one person said it was "classless" of Dresden to run the score up. Dresden scored 27 unanswered points & shut GB down in the 2nd half. This was the championship game & the biggest stage these guys had the opportunity to play on. They deserved their shining moment & the opportunity to showcase their talents. This Dresden team made history yesterday & we're going to be celebrating it for awhile. FINISHED BUSINESS!!!! Way to go Lions!

:D amen! :D

I am very proud for the Dresden players, they worked for it and earned that gold ball. But with that said, I think some of the Dresfen fans need to learn how to win like the boys did. Show some respect to these boys that lined up across from them, they are kids. As for building a dynasty, it's a little early to be talking about that, not saying it won't happen but I wouldn't be yelling to loud, it's going to be a gauntlet in the west playoffs every year and you may never have another group as good as this one that just won it all. Again congrats on a great season and well deserved championship!

Every fan base has those one or two fans. I think the point Dresden fans are trying to make was we knew how good our team was this year & were confident we could dominate any team in 1A while others didn't give us a chance. A lot of Wayne County fans bashed our team too till you guys played us. Total respect for Wayne County & your program & for your fans that came back after the game verifying what we had been trying to say about this team....they are just special & you don't have a team like this often. For Dresden they were a first & may be our only team for a long time to come. We'll be good next year with our district & with the experience & playing time the younger guys got this year, I'm just not sure we could compete for a state championship.

Well look who it is. Bull Crap sportsfan. You spewed more garbage this week than anyone else and came out looking like an utter idiot. I guess you liked your little cheering squad from GB that kept patting you on your butt every time you made one of your ridiculous statements. You are nothing more than an arrogant butt flap.

Danflg big guy now tell him how your really feeling! Lol I had too

Yes you do. Everyone else too! It's different playing with crosshairs on your back. All teams now play up a notch just itching to Beat Da Man. So Lions gotta play up a notch too. But Coach Rang knows all about this, and will know how to get our guys ready, both mentally & skill/talent wise. He said on radio today he not leaving anywhere, he has long-term goals in Dresden. And I'm sure y'all know too the key to HS success is the feeder programs, the peewee and grade school coaches developing these youngsters and sending up to HS a ready-made player. Then Rang & staff does their thing. When I see a successful HS program I know they have a "farm-program" that's building their youngsters. This behind-the-scenes community support & before-HS sports programs are the key to it all imo. That "Success breeds success" adage is true.

No disrespect to anyone in the east but the gap between east and west in 1a and 2a has not closed one bit. The west in the smallest two classes are way ahead of the east and that gap will remain for awhile. Congrats to Dresden on the gold ball and to Greenback for two straight silver balls. Not an easy accomplishment. The west had 4 or 5 teams in 1a that would have won the gold ball over the east this year. I expect it will be the same next year in the smallest two classes.

I am not sure I agree with the 4 or 5 teams but I say 2 - Dresden and WC- I will say until someone keeps the score to with 10 points the gap ain't closing regardless what Bass is guessing at but if nobody else in the east is you can believe SP and GB are working on it , you better believe that! We ain't giving up so get it while you can cause the pendulum will swing the other way but for 2016 - no the Gap sure ain't no closer. Edited by PIRATE87

I am not sure I agree with the 4 or 5 teams but I say 2 - Dresden and WC- I will say until someone keeps the score to with 10 points the gap ain't closing regardless what Bass is guessing at but if nobody else in the east is you can believe SP and GB are working on it , you better believe that! We ain't giving up so get it while you can cause the pendulum will swing the other way but for 2016 - no the Gap sure ain't no closer.

No doubt in my mine that SP and Greenback will work on closing the gap. It usually runs in cycles and the west is on the run. You are right it will swing again but in my opinion it will be a few more years until it does.