Marion vs Trezevent (Mathis man against this White man)

Roy Dillard

A lot of the classification talk would end if the TSSAA reclassified every two years instead of four, how it used to be. They managed it without the quick way enrollments and information can be shared now, it was by phone calls and letters. Enrollments are now five years old at the end of periods and new schools, new programs skew the class sizes. All that said, Trez won the class they were placed in.

Edited by Indian

Good game by both teams and congrats to Marion on a great season. There was only two teams playing today and you were one of them. Let me first say all prayers up for Zeman and #3 that was the worst feeling I have ever had at a football game. Hope those guys are fine. I also want to address two people personally Howdoitknow and Tweedledumb both of you guys are the biggest haters I've seen on this board and your cowardly talk and updates on the game told me all I need to know about you soft batch cookies. You wouldn't last long where I'm from. Now for the I told you so's. I told you we were a team full of playmakers and they made plays today. Although Richardson didn't have his best game he was out there and that was huge for the team. I'm sorry I was too giddy and predicted the wrong person to rush for 200 yards. He scored the 2 touchdowns but It was Tijuan Johnson who I told you about also who rushed for 200 and deservedly won MVP. This was a great win for Trezevant over a great Marion program we will enjoy this one. I promise you I will address the Alcoa and 3A talk later on but for now we are BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS of TSSAA 2A classification.

Congrats willie to your Bears..... They were better man for man and it was a pick your poison with who to stop. The Mc d had to sell to stop the rb and the qb made em pay. Marion fought back to tie it and had a little momentum in the game and had trezevant 3rd and a bunch and the reciever made a heck of a catch on a tipped ball. Goes back to the saying big time players make big time plays. Also when the qb scored the go ahead td on 3rd and 37. Not really any words on going for it 4th and 8 from your own 17 down one score, especially when the defense has done an ok job in the game. That essentially ended any hope we had. Anyway, congrats on the back to back, and good luck to T-High in 3a.

From Stephen Hargis' twitter account:

"I asked if he was ok and he didn't respond so I just stayed still and didn't want to move," Jackson said. "My team said get up but I said..

"No, this man is hurt bad. I think he's knocked out and maybe worse. So I just laid there with him unconscious on top of me."..

We all wanted to win today but at the end of the day he has family to go home to and his life to live and I didn't want to hurt him worse"

Jackson admitted to being emotional while lying on the ground with Zeman. Asked about tears on his face as he came off the field, he said... 

"I was just praying for him man. I was worried for him."

Unbelievable show of sportsmanship & just being heads up beyond his age. Well done Tristian Jackson. Zeman was talking and moving afterward.

• Upvote 5

"I asked if he was ok and he didn't respond so I just stayed still and didn't want to move," Jackson said. "My team said get up but I said..

"No, this man is hurt bad. I think he's knocked out and maybe worse. So I just laid there with him unconscious on top of me."..

We all wanted to win today but at the end of the day he has family to go home to and his life to live and I didn't want to hurt him worse"

Jackson admitted to being emotional while lying on the ground with Zeman. Asked about tears on his face as he came off the field, he said...

Unbelievable show of sportsmanship & just being heads up beyond his age. Well done Tristian Jackson. Zeman was talking and moving afterward.

don't get any better than that

×1000