Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

I've never understood why the west feels they have the fastest most athletic players.. What I see it as, I've always looked at the west as a bunch of talented players with 0 discipline, with players that are bound to do something to cost they're team the game, (personal foul, offsides, late hit) something that can be controlled... I was at the game in 2010 when Smyrna came down beat Haven 10-7, it shouldn't have been that close but that was the final score. In that game Smyrna was clearly the bigger, stronger, & faster team. As we saw when they're outside linebacker hawked down Dodson from behind in the fourth q, in that game Haven passed the ball 3x, 2 of those passes were int.. Now let's take that into account, that's the only time a Rutherford Co team has played Haven, and that bigger, stronger, faster stuff was not even close. (Smyrna had it all)

They were bigger, stronger... not at all faster... one of my receivers Dropped a sure fire TD in the First Half that would have broke that game open... let's not talk about how Mark Dodson, Darius Sims, Gerald Perry the rest of that 2012 championship team were 10th graders... you are right it should not have been close. Our offense play calling was trash that game

Special K Watkins is the offensive advantage. As great as all Oakland's opponents have been they haven't seen a back with the vision and moves that this kid possesses. I am sure the Pats have seen similar speed but not with the juke ability he has.

On defense, Two Names, Harmon & Saulsberry.

We have college players on our defense, just like Oakland does however we got some Coaching Brain Power that's guaranteed to make Oakland do something it doesn't do well in order to move the ball.

That's it... we got size and speed all over but those two things, Special K and our Defensive coaching are our advantages

My personal belief Watkins will be ineffective, if the coaches do not balance out the run and the pass.. His special speed will be neutralized by Oaklands athletes on the defensive side of the ball. Not to mention, those 2 SEC safeties on the back end. Look for number #6 to put a big hit on special K... If this game is close, it will be because Whitehavens Defense will play better that I expect, (which is very possible). But they're offense will most likely be ineffective all game

Hey Poet, please don't ask anymore ignorant questions like that. Of course that Watkins kid ISNT no where in the same ball park as TC. (Some questions shouldn't be asked)

Lol...I understand and i know it was a stupid question just wanted to see if I got a stupid answer...

Watkins is good but not TC. Ensworth rendered him as ineffective as anyone I have seen 2 times: TC will be in the running to win the 100 state this year track too but his long run was 14 yards in both games against Ensworth.

My point is all that speed and juking ability didn't mean anything because they contained him at the line or 3-4 yard down field. Oakland has the athletes to neutralize a lot of speed and moves out of the backfield

It may not happen - Watkins may run all over them but it will require a hurculan effort upfront in my mind. But this is football and anything can happen between two good teams

If i were Oakland I would sell out to stop the run and if they beat me - they beat me. Whitehaven has more challenges in d as I believe the qb is a little better passing. Kicking game to Oakland.

Both teams are physical but I think Oakland has a few more plays or options when things bottle up .

memphis people don't know what they are talking about. Ty Chandler is a top 3 rb ever in TN. Also, pretty solid analysis bigdog

They were bigger, stronger... not at all faster... one of my receivers Dropped a sure fire TD in the First Half that would have broke that game open... let's not talk about how Mark Dodson, Darius Sims, Gerald Perry the rest of that 2012 championship team were 10th graders... you are right it should not have been close. Our offense play calling was trash that game

I'm not arguing the fact that they were all young 10th graders. Smyrna only had 5 starting seniors on that defense, and the best 1 they've MLB didn't play that or the championship. Dodson was caught from behind by a 10th grader.

But I believe in 2012, yal ran the ball 95% of the game against Maryville.. And gave up a lot of points, SO MY QUESTION IS, is this 2016 team better then the 10,11,& 12 teams? Just wondering

Watkins is good but not TC. Ensworth rendered him as ineffective as anyone I have seen 2 times: TC will be in the running to win the 100 state this year track too but his long run was 14 yards in both games against Ensworth.

My point is all that speed and juking ability didn't mean anything because they contained him at the line or 3-4 yard down field. Oakland has the athletes to neutralize a lot of speed and moves out of the backfield

It may not happen - Watkins may run all over them but it will require a hurculan effort upfront in my mind. But this is football and anything can happen between two good teams

If i were Oakland I would sell out to stop the run and if they beat me - they beat me. Whitehaven has more challenges in d as I believe the qb is a little better passing. Kicking game to Oakland.

Both teams are physical but I think Oakland has a few more plays or options when things bottle up .

I think Oakland will sellout to stop the run and make #8 from whitehaven beat them with his arm. Oakland defense from what I have seen on film is a well coached group.  That #99 might be a problem upfront...very good player.  I also think Oakland Qb is a very good passer and the passing game will come into play some this game...

I've never understood why the west feels they have the fastest most athletic players.. What I see it as, I've always looked at the west as a bunch of talented players with 0 discipline, with players that are bound to do something to cost they're team the game, (personal foul, offsides, late hit) something that can be controlled... I was at the game in 2010 when Smyrna came down beat Haven 10-7, it shouldn't have been that close but that was the final score. In that game Smyrna was clearly the bigger, stronger, & faster team. As we saw when they're outside linebacker hawked down Dodson from behind in the fourth q, in that game Haven passed the ball 3x, 2 of those passes were int.. Now let's take that into account, that's the only time a Rutherford Co team has played Haven, and that bigger, stronger, faster stuff was not even close. (Smyrna had it all)

You are right I was there also. You also are right about the 0 disciple factor, at the first championship game Whitehaven against Maryville when they got behind it was all over. Late hits, unsportsmanlike calls and offside penalties, they just lost it. If you look at the defensive stats from this year Whitehaven had 12 sacks 12 INTs Oakland had 36 sacks 23 INTs. Not even close. They had 2 close games German Town 21-14 win and White Station 20-14 win, but then again those were rivalry games. Oakland had none. Like Oakland does not have rivalry games lets see Oakland Riverdale 35-7 Oakland Smyrna 49-7 Oakland Blackman38-0, that's just what great defenses do, shut teams down rivalry or not.  But there again Whitehaven is the fastest, biggest, best team ever.

Edited by BullyDog

You are right I was there also. You also are right about the 0 disciple factor, at the first championship game Whitehaven against Maryville when they got behind it was all over. Late hits, unsportsmanlike calls and offside penalties, they just lost it. If you look at the defensive stats from this year Whitehaven had 12 sacks 12 INTs Oakland had 36 sacks 23 INTs. Not even close. They had 2 close games German Town 21-14 win and White Station 20-14 win, but then again those were rivalry games. Oakland had none. Like Oakland does not have rivalry games lets see Oakland Riverdale 35-7 Oakland Smyrna 49-7 Oakland Blackman38-0, that's just what great defenses do, shut teams down rivalry or not. But there again Whitehaven is the fastest, biggest, best team ever.

You forgot to mention a Maryville team that was averaging about 42 pts a game, was held to 7 pts against that defense (would have been 0 pts if not for that Hail Mary) at the end of the half.. Coming into the Maryvilles lowest score of the season was 35 pts.. And Haven Is saying Oakland is the under dog, they're definitely smoking something..

You forgot to mention a Maryville team that was averaging about 42 pts a game, was held to 7 pts against that defense (would have been 0 pts if not for that Hail Mary) at the end of the half.. Coming into the Maryvilles lowest score of the season was 35 pts.. And Haven Is saying Oakland is the under dog, they're definitely smoking something..

I think Whitehaven will be the Bigger  and stronger team...Oakland looks small on film..I think this game will come down to special teams and who has a better passing game...Oakland has to block #4 for whitehaven and get someone on #22 if they are to the ball on Offense...I do think #27 for Maryville  is a much better player than #22 for whitehaven...