Top 10 in State 2016

owlman1967

I guess we won't believe it until we see it. Especially since a top D2 lost to a 2a school last year, and have lost to other D1 schools. True they had a bad year like all schools do. I'll be the first to say D2 schools are very good BUT y'all act like they are unbeatable. We'll never agree or believe that; especially the schools that have beaten D2 schools. D2 schools are great but we have great teams/ schools as well who are more than capable of beating D2s on any given Friday night

Let's be fair. Ensworth was NOT a "top D2 school" last year (they were REALLY down) and Trezevant is not a typical 2A team.  They recently were competitive in 4A and probably should be playing "up."  They won 2A this year but lost by 40 to EHS, who still are not back to their more usual selves.  Alcoa is only 3A but could compete with anybody in the state most years.  BA is contender for D2AA virtually every year but actually is a pretty small school.  They probably would be 2A or 3A if they were a public school.  CBHS is by far the largest school in D2 but rarely is a competitor. . Point is that size doesn't always matter.  Your best teams in 6A and D2 should be competitive.  .In order to know to what extent, we would have to have the best teams in a given year playing each other.  That's not happening now at all, and I don't see it changing, so it's probably going to remain part of the IFL speculations on CoachT, ,which, as you probably know, I think is rather pointless.  . 

Oh yeah - congrats to Da Haven - wish you well for a repeat.

Edited by owlbooster

There are frequent posts about Alcoa stating their zone and tuition are factors in their success. What percentage of players are part of that, who knows. Some posting could probably say but such discussion is usually drowned out by insults and jokes and then forgotten until the next time it comes up. point is, the smaller-medium size publics competing with large Division II would be few and far between, and not too many large publics either. Rhea vs Baylor was a good example used.

There are frequent posts about Alcoa stating their zone and tuition are factors in their success. What percentage of players are part of that, who knows. Some posting could probably say but such discussion is usually drowned out by insults and jokes and then forgotten until the next time it comes up. point is, the smaller-medium size publics competing with large Division II would be few and far between, and not too many large publics either. Rhea vs Baylor was a good example used.

Agree. But as EHS-Trezevant demonstrated, upsets can and do occur when teams meet up at the right time  - or wrong time depending on your point of view. 

Ignorance is Bliss I guess.

2016 Results

Baylor(D2AA) 35 Rhea County (5A) 0

Briacrest (D2AA) 41 Germantown (6A) 28

CBHS (D2AA) 22 White Station (6A) 14

CBHS (D2AA) 41 Houston (6A) 21

MBA (D2AA) 49 Pearl Cohn (4A) 7

McCallie (D2AA) 49 Blackman (6A) 10

MUS (D2AA) 19 Memphis Central (5A) 13

MUS (D2AA) 40 Ridgeway (4A) 22

Pope John Paul (D2AA) 54 (6A) Coffee County 14

I can even throw in some smaller D2 schools like Lausanne and Webb who beat 5A and 6A teams this year.

Webb beat Oak Ridge who is the only team to beat 5A state champ Farragut this year.

There is proof of D2 schools not only going undefeated but also whooping 5A and 6A schools. There is nothing more to say. The proof is in the games played and common opponents. If you want to continue to be ignorant than by all means continue. Whatever helps you sleep well .......but for you to honestly think anyone else could come within a couple scores of the top D2AA teams just shows how delusional you are.

Interesting you leave out a 2016 matchup from your list....like?

DII Webb vs 3A Alcoa......?

Interesting you leave out a 2016 matchup from your list....like?

DII Webb vs 3A Alcoa......?

Interesting how you leave out how Webb is D2A not a D2AA school like the schools I've been talking about. (I only mentioned Webb because it was another smaller private beating a larger public not because I was making an argument for D2A Schools)

Interesting how you leave out 5A Oak Ridge, 3A CAK, or 2A Grace.

Interesting how you pick the best 3A team in the state that could have won 1A 2A 4A or 5A.

Interesting how you leave out Webb embarrassing 5A State Champ Farragut in front of Knoxville in the jamboree. (Doesn't mean much but winning 21-0 while the 1s were in is pretty dang impressive against a 5A champion)

Interesting how you leave out that Webb beat the only team this year that beat Farragut.

Interesting how out of that entire post you pick that to respond to.

Interesting how you respond to a post that is weeks old on a thread that died forever ago.

You're just an interesting guy.

I hope your Christmas is as good as you are interesting.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Interesting how you leave out how Webb is D2A not a D2AA school like the schools I've been talking about. (I only mentioned Webb because it was another smaller private beating a larger public not because I was making an argument for D2A Schools)

Interesting how you leave out 5A Oak Ridge, 3A CAK, or 2A Grace.

Interesting how you pick the best 3A team in the state that could have won 1A 2A 4A or 5A.

Interesting how you leave out Webb embarrassing 5A State Champ Farragut in front of Knoxville in the jamboree. (Doesn't mean much but winning 21-0 while the 1s were in is pretty dang impressive against a 5A champion)

Interesting how you leave out that Webb beat the only team this year that beat Farragut.

Interesting how out of that entire post you pick that to respond to.

Interesting how you respond to a post that is weeks old on a thread that died forever ago.

You're just an interesting guy.

I hope your Christmas is as good as you are interesting.

More interesting info...

Alcoa has never lost to you sweater wearing puss puss's and that inclues Catholic. Cedar Bluff area sissy football.

BTW...go check the F5 Tornadoes record against DII.

More interesting info...

Alcoa has never lost to you sweater wearing puss puss's and that inclues Catholic. Cedar Bluff area sissy football.

BTW...go check the F5 Tornadoes record against DII.

Lol classy post man. Classy.

Alcoa has lost to CAK more times than Webb has. In fact CAK historically is the worse team on the bluff and you've lost to them the most of any cedar bluff area school. Probably because you were actually forced to play them since they were in the same classification unlike choosing when to play webb and Catholic. Alcoa chooses their battles very carefully. Interesting how they dropped a loaded webb team upcoming in 2017 for Grace Christian.... but they were eager to do a series with Webb in 2015 when webb had the worse team in the past 15 years loaded with freshman and sophomore starters. I've seen them avoid Catholic when they were going to be stronger as well. Rankin does a great job of picking when to play schools that's for sure. More power to him.

Cedar Bluff has quite of few state chips. I believe at least 12. I'd have to look back and check to see if it's more than that. But I guess that's puss puss football. You're not only disrespectful but obviously angry with life because of your lack of intelligence. I understand that can be frustrating.

Alcoa hasn't played a D2AA team since like 2004. Sorry to tell you but that D2AA was not the d2Aaa of today. Not even close.

Much respect for Alcoa but their schedule isn't exactly very difficult most years outside of must play Maryville.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Lol classy post man. Classy.

Alcoa has lost to CAK more times than Webb has. In fact CAK historically is the worse team on the bluff and you've lost to them the most of any cedar bluff area school. Probably because you were actually forced to play them since they were in the same classification unlike choosing when to play webb and Catholic. Alcoa chooses their battles very carefully. Interesting how they dropped a loaded webb team upcoming in 2017 for Grace Christian.... but they were eager to do a series with Webb in 2015 when webb had the worse team in the past 15 years loaded with freshman and sophomore starters. I've seen them avoid Catholic when they were going to be stronger as well. Rankin does a great job of picking when to play schools that's for sure. More power to him.

Cedar Bluff has quite of few state chips. I believe at least 12. I'd have to look back and check to see if it's more than that. But I guess that's puss puss football. You're not only disrespectful but obviously angry with life because of your lack of intelligence. I understand that can be frustrating.

Alcoa hasn't played a D2AA team since like 2004. Sorry to tell you but that D2AA was not the d2Aaa of today. Not even close.

Much respect for Alcoa but their schedule isn't exactly very difficult most years outside of must play Maryville.

20-3 against CAK. That 2011 & 2012

Warrior team would have drilled Webb and Catholic. You know it.

Yes...Alcoa has played D2A schools since 2004...gets your facts straight there little sweater wearing egghead.

2017 Webb team?....Give me a break.Alcoa and Maryville both need games.....make the call sissy boy.

Alcoa has played Maryville,Fulton, Catholic & Webb in the last couple of years. And years they won state championships in their div. Looks like a good schedule for one of the smaller 3A public schools.

Keep telling yourself D2 is light years ahead of D1.....Just dont look at facts like Webb going to Championship games every other year but can not hang with a small 3A public school. Weak!

Edited by BCsportsfan

Alcoa plays nobody good other than Maryville. To even think that they would beat a D2AA school is comical. Also, pretty convenient how they dropped Webb as they are upcoming and KC when KC was on the rise. Alcoa beats mid to below average teams all year long so when playoff time hits they are fresh bc their guys never play a full game all year long.

Alcoa plays nobody good other than Maryville. To even think that they would beat a D2AA school is comical. Also, pretty convenient how they dropped Webb as they are upcoming and KC when KC was on the rise. Alcoa beats mid to below average teams all year long so when playoff time hits they are fresh bc their guys never play a full game all year long.

Alcoa beat BA for a state championship.....so stick that in you pipe and smoke it 'Lil feller!