Mairvul Footbawl 2017

STARSNBARS

To me , and I know some may argue this , but Kelby Brock was the Greatest Receiver Maryville has ever had ... I'll be very careful how I say this cause I don't want to hurt any Itty Bitty Feeling of our Haters out there , but not having Kelby at 100% last year really hurt us and I think we REALLY missed him this year . Kelby had great Length and caught anything that came in his direction . He won those 1 on 1 battles last year every time , including against Oaklands best DB's . We've got several very talented young Receivers this year and next but the QB has a lot less room for error with smaller receivers . Hopefully our young guys will be able to all improve and make our Passing game a lot more dynamic next year by committee .

Now , this leads me to losing another , in my eyes , greatest player of all time at his position , TD Blackmon . Yes , I'm excited about all the young Studs , but replacing TD Blackmon is gonna be virtually impossible . We will have to become better overall at every position to replace what TD Blackmon brought . If 6 of the front 7 on defense are better next year than this year , our Defense can probably be even better , but if those 6 out of 7 are about the same as this year , we're in trouble . JMO

I have a feeling you guys will do alright next year.

To me , and I know some may argue this , but Kelby Brock was the Greatest Receiver Maryville has ever had ... I'll be very careful how I say this cause I don't want to hurt any Itty Bitty Feeling of our Haters out there , but not having Kelby at 100% last year really hurt us and I think we REALLY missed him this year . Kelby had great Length and caught anything that came in his direction . He won those 1 on 1 battles last year every time , including against Oaklands best DB's .  We've got several very talented young Receivers this year and next but the QB has a lot less room for error with smaller receivers . Hopefully our young guys will be able to all improve and make our Passing game a lot more dynamic next year by committee . 

Now , this leads me to losing another , in my eyes , greatest player of all time at his position , TD Blackmon . Yes , I'm excited about all the young Studs , but replacing TD Blackmon is gonna be virtually impossible . We will have to become better overall at every position to replace what TD Blackmon brought . If 6 of the front 7 on defense are better next year than this year , our Defense can probably be even better , but if those 6 out of 7 are about the same as this year , we're in trouble . JMO 

You couldn't have said it any better. I felt the same about Kelby and even though we have a good crop of good receivers none of them had that length your talking about and he really made a sophomore QB which was good look even better.

We can talk about TD all day but after watching the replay it didn't dawn on me just how much he spent in Oakland's backfield taking someone down for a loss. He just plainly got ripped off when he took the ball away from Oakland and was headed for a sure touchdown, You can see it in the film plain as day. We have never had anyone play that position at the level he played long as I can ever remember and that even goes for Danny Spradlin that played for the Dallas Cowboy's. Danny never gave the full out effort on every play like TD does. That is going to be very hard to replace.

We can talk about TD all day but after watching the replay it didn't dawn on me just how much he spent in Oakland's backfield taking someone down for a loss. He just plainly got ripped off when he took the ball away from Oakland and was headed for a sure touchdown, You can see it in the film plain as day. We have never had anyone play that position at the level he played long as I can ever remember and that even goes for Danny Spradlin that played for the Dallas Cowboy's. Danny never gave the full out effort on every play like TD does. That is going to be very hard to replace.

Eye watched tha viddy-o two Barnee....TD was ripped oft.....If'un some big skool don't pull tha triggur on him thay ere missin' tha bote....

He is a great player and play maker.....But butter person and leader...Heart and soul player....

....plus TD Blackman is as good a Defensive player as I've seen at Maryville. Something is different?

Hey BC , good Luck next week . What was different was us going against a great Defense with 2 future SEC players and a lot help with a lot of size and speed . You can't blame the defense , our offense scored 7 points on basically a Hail Mary . Offense left the D in terrible position the whole game . I've thought at times we were a little less aggressive in our blitzing without JG , mainly because every time we rushed TD he always made a big Play , but i understand over using that too .