my take on the double A game

fredjones

Marion Co. lost interest when the two players were stretchered off the field. (hope they are all right).  Their coach committed coaching malpractice when they didn't punt with 7:20 to go in the game.  As disorganized as Trezevant was (and they were the most disorganized team I have seen in the state finals in 30 years of watching), you can't give those athletes that short a field.

Marion Co. lost interest when the two players were stretchered off the field. (hope they are all right). Their coach committed coaching malpractice when they didn't punt with 7:20 to go in the game. As disorganized as Trezevant was (and they were the most disorganized team I have seen in the state finals in 30 years of watching), you can't give those athletes that short a field.

I agree about Trez. They win on pure athleticism. Coaching was awful. But I also think the Whitehaven and Oakland was they same way. Win on talent alone with very little coaching. WH looked like they have never seen a weightroom.

Please let me get my take about the venue. (TT) First this field is unsafe for our kids. It is widely known the turf at tech is concrete hard. Accepted fact by many. Second the broadcast and directors of these games are pathetic. Announcers want to discuss their playing days and college days. We could care less. They need to do more research on the teams and the schools. The players that have reached the ship deserve so much more. They were chit chatting during several big plays. There was even a sideline interview of some guy from Australia as one team was scoring. Pitiful and embarrassing

• Upvote 1

Please let me get my take about the venue. (TT) First this field is unsafe for our kids. It is widely known the turf at tech is concrete hard. Accepted fact by many. Second the broadcast and directors of these games are pathetic. Announcers want to discuss their playing days and college days. We could care less. They need to do more research on the teams and the schools. The players that have reached the ship deserve so much more. They were chit chatting during several big plays. There was even a sideline interview of some guy from Australia as one team was scoring. Pitiful and embarrassing

with the exception of Mike Kieth, I agree on the announcing.

Absolutely couldn't agree more. Broadcasters uninterested in games that were "beneath" them...after about ten minutes of watching, I had learned player names and numbers enough to recognize that they regularly miss called even which team they played for.

The field/venue is awful too. Should be moved someplace safer for the kids, even if a smaller (wouldn't be a bad thing for the teams to feel as if the stands were full) stadium is used, that would enhance the "championship atmosphere". Little closer to the geographic center of the state wouldn't hurt either. 

Absolutely couldn't agree more. Broadcasters uninterested in games that were "beneath" them...after about ten minutes of watching, I had learned player names and numbers enough to recognize that they regularly miss called even which team they played for.

The field/venue is awful too. Should be moved someplace safer for the kids, even if a smaller (wouldn't be a bad thing for the teams to feel as if the stands were full) stadium is used, that would enhance the "championship atmosphere". Little closer to the geographic center of the state wouldn't hurt either.

1000+

Amen brother.  I told several folks we may have witnessed the beginning of the end of these games at that venue. The sooner the better. Its for the sake of our kids.

Amen brother.  I told several folks we may have witnessed the beginning of the end of these games at that venue. The sooner the better. Its for the sake of our kids.

The Blue Cross Bowl could always be moved to Governors Stadium at Austin Peay. That stadium has natural grass.

Absolutely couldn't agree more. Broadcasters uninterested in games that were "beneath" them...after about ten minutes of watching, I had learned player names and numbers enough to recognize that they regularly miss called even which team they played for.

The field/venue is awful too. Should be moved someplace safer for the kids, even if a smaller (wouldn't be a bad thing for the teams to feel as if the stands were full) stadium is used, that would enhance the "championship atmosphere". Little closer to the geographic center of the state wouldn't hurt either. 

I don't disagree with anything that you've said.  However, Cookeville is pretty close to the geographical center of the state.  It's around 290 miles from Memphis, and a little over 250 from Johnson County in the eastern tip of the state.

Edited by B-Ball Fan

The Blue Cross Bowl could always be moved to Governors Stadium at Austin Peay. That stadium has natural grass.

grest idea ! As many times as I've been there, never thought about that one and yes it would be perfect. As you said, great field, stands perfect size to give players sense of a championship game yet big enough to hold 6A fans . Good parking. Plenty of first rate restaurant on Wilma Rudolph Bldv. on the way in and out. Yep Perfect.