Sonny Moore

pujo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have enough to win and with the athletes we have I'm looking forward for you to get your chance to prove it to me.

I'm not an Alcoa fan, I'm just stating the obvious. Alcoa will coach anyone in Memphis off the field. You think Alcoa doesn't have the athletes to match anyone then you're crazy. Talent some years could be equal between the teams but current coaching staffs will never be equal. Rankin hasn't accidentally won 12 championships. I also like that you compared your success against whitehaven in a jamboree. Anyone who watched all the championship games will tell you that whitehaven and trez were the two most undisciplined teams in the whole thing. That falls on coaching. You all aren't disciplined enough to beat teams like Alcoa. Maybe compete but not beat.

Every open zoned school system has the same clause about the approval of the school. Is Greeneville and Greene County open zoned? They have the same rules and stipulation of the Marion County and they get called opened zoned since 1940 because we are. Alcoa is the same way and sorry it's hurt your feelings you can't fall back on that. Please go look up your own counties school zone. No school zone that is closed zoned will except kids from in county or out of county that the bus doesn't pick them up,. No closed zoned school has a tuition in there policy? Bus routes run to every school even in opened zoned (that doesn't mean it's closed zone and school don't take students from other bus routes, your own policy says that) Marion Co is not one of them. Marion County by their own school board policy is OPEN ZONED.

PS. All schools that play in the TSSAA have to follow the rules. Funny you would bring that up when the TSSAA put MC on probation twice in the last 4 year for breaking rules.....

The situation for MC's probation didn't have anything to do with your interpretation of open zone.  You are the one that has your feelings hurt.  Furthermore, if board approval is required and has to be done BEFORE the school year and TSSAA rules followed, it isn't "open zoned."  I don't know how Greenville is set up.  I know that Alcoa is a city shcool and NOT a Blount County School.  The same for Maryville.  Blount County system has the other 2 public schools in Blount County. 

Edit:  Even IF Marion was open zoned, its the 49th largest count out of 95.  Grundy county?  There are probably more hound dogs in that county than people.  You city boys need to get out into the country more often. 

Edited by rlh

I know he is SP fan he just is taking up for Marion County school System when in fact he doesn't even know his own school board policy or what opened zone even means.....

Why don't you go get some reading comprehension skills and come back and explain what open enrollment is instead of confirming the opposite?

I'm not an Alcoa fan, I'm just stating the obvious. Alcoa will coach anyone in Memphis off the field. You think Alcoa doesn't have the athletes to match anyone then you're crazy. Talent some years could be equal between the teams but current coaching staffs will never be equal. Rankin hasn't accidentally won 12 championships. I also like that you compared your success against whitehaven in a jamboree. Anyone who watched all the championship games will tell you that whitehaven and trez were the two most undisciplined teams in the whole thing. That falls on coaching. You all aren't disciplined enough to beat teams like Alcoa. Maybe compete but not beat.

Trez has had a couple of good seasons.  They have some good kids.  That said, they definitely aren't teflon like Alcoa. Aloca is also a very good school academically.  Trez lost more games this year than Alcoa has in the past 4 or 5 combined.

The situation for MC's probation didn't have anything to do with your interpretation of open zone. You are the one that has your feelings hurt. Furthermore, if board approval is required and has to be done BEFORE the school year and TSSAA rules followed, it isn't "open zoned." I don't know how Greenville is set up. I know that Alcoa is a city shcool and NOT a Blount County School. The same for Maryville. Blount County system has the other 2 public schools in Blount County.

Edit: Even IF Marion was open zoned, its the 49th largest count out of 95. Grundy county? There are probably more hound dogs in that county than people. You city boys need to get out into the country more often.

I never said the probation had anything to do with open zoned. You made the statement earlier they have to play by the tssaa rules which 2 probations in 4 years isn't playing by the rules. If a student that is zoned for Marion Co. Can provide his own transportation and gets accepted to attend SP by the school board then you are an open zoned school. Close zoned would mean everyone that is in Marion County zone HAS to attend Marion County. It's really not that hard to understand. Alcoa has the same policy as you no matter if it's a city school board or a county school board. No matter if you live in a Large county or a small county. Below is the Alcoa school board policy and it looks like Marion County policy I posted earlier.

Alcoa City Schools will use all resources available to them to assist them in determining if enrolled students

reside in the City of Alcoa, including proof of residency, utility bills, real estate records and home visits.

Students residing outside the boundaries of the school system may attend schools within the school system

under the following conditions:

1. They must be approved by the director of schools.1

2. That said attendance will not cause that class or the grade level grouping in that school to exceed

the maximum allowable enrollment set by the Tennessee Department of Education.

3. That said attendance will not cause the school to create specifi c program availability.

4. They must pay a tuition fee established annually by the Board.2

Non-resident students must make application during pre-enrollment in the spring of each year. After

two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of school and thereafter during the remainder of the school

year, students wishing to transfer into the system must be in good standing in behavior, attendance,

and academics from previous system.

6. If a tuition pupil withdraws from Alcoa City Schools during the school year or becomes a resident,

a proportionate refund shall be made for the remaining period covered by tuition payment. The

tuition for a nonresident pupil who moves into the school district during the fi rst grading period of

the school year will be charged a prorated fee.

7. When payment is not made on all or any part of the required tuition for a previous year, the student

(s) shall be excluded from future attendance until all prior and current tuition is paid.

8. Tuition shall be payable by contract, in advance, on an annual or semester basis. With approval of

the superintendent, an alternate payment schedule may be utilized; however, any such schedule

must provide for payment at least a month in advance.

9. There shall be no obligation for the Alcoa City School System to provide transportation for non-

resident pupils.

I hope you finally know what open vs closed zoned schools mean.....

Edited by Swipes

The charter schools will bus them past their zoned home schools.

Charter schools are publicly funded, but privately managed institutions of k-12 education and operate independently of the established public school system in which they are located. I agree that charter schools are like privates schools since no Charter school has a zone since they are independent of a school board. The no child left behind act in 2002 brought on alot of charter schools because other schools were failing. All open zoned schools aren't charter schools but all Charter schools are opened zoned or technical no zoned at all.

There are alot of school system set up like Marion co, Greeneville and Greeneville co, Alcoa, Maryville, Blount co., Milan, williamson co, etc in the state of TN that are opened zoned the same way and have been for over 50 years

Edited by Swipes