Sonny Moore

pujo

There's a new sheriff in town!!! Everyone wants to compare who played who and who beat who but until they hit the field nobody cares about 15 in the history books. 

Alcoa is the sheriff in 3A.   If ya want some go and get some. lol

I'd like to see the match up.  Pujo makes a good point. Yall play Alcoa type teams and match up fine.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa is the sheriff in 3A.   If ya want some go and get some. lol

I'd like to see the match up.  Pujo makes a good point. Yall play Alcoa type teams and match up fine.

Would have to play a cleaner game than the 4 I,ve watched but man for man ,they would be just fine. Thats not a knock against Alcoa,they are the absolute standard in 3a.

Go look up history on Alcoa. Alcoa has beat Marion pretty bad when they were both in the same class. Alcoa is like 20 and 1 against Fulton and won 30 to 7 the last time they played in 2012. That's the same year Fulton was the 4a champs....

Educate yourself

The didn't beat Marion by a lot in Alcoa in the Semi's 6 or 7 years ago. 

The didn't beat Marion by a lot in Alcoa in the Semi's 6 or 7 years ago.

They beat Marion by more than 2tds. The game was never in question. For someone to bring up could Alcoa beat Marion and say I don't think so is ignorant once again like I have stated before

Edited by Swipes

They beat Marion by more than 2tds. The game was never in question. For someone to bring up could you beat Marion and say I don't think so is ignorant once again like I have stated before

None of these are this year so the whole think is mere speculative to begin with. Yet that one was the biggest margin.  I love watching SP beat jasper more than any other single game of the year.  That said, I have to give the cousins up the road some dues.

1988 AA Semifinals, Alcoa 14, Jasper 13

1989 AA Quarters Alcoa 30, Jasper 20

1990 AA Quarter finals, Jasper 42, Alcoa 14

2008 2A Semi-finals Alcoa 30, Jasper 14

1992 AA finals, Jasper 28, Brentwood Academy 26

None of these are this year so the whole think is mere speculative to begin with. Yet that one was the biggest margin. I love watching SP beat jasper more than any other single game of the year. That said, I have to give the cousins up the road some dues.

1988 AA Semifinals, Alcoa 14, Jasper 13

1989 AA Quarters Alcoa 30, Jasper 20

1990 AA Quarter finals, Jasper 42, Alcoa 14

2008 2A Semi-finals Alcoa 30, Jasper 14

1992 AA finals, Jasper 28, Brentwood Academy 26

So they haven't beat Alcoa in 26 years? That would just add to my point. That's like comparing UK football and UT football

So they haven't beat Alcoa in 26 years? That would just add to my point. That's like comparing UK football and UT football

That wasn't your point originally and you know it.  In fact, I don't think you had much of a point   How ever, I'll put my point in crayon for you.  In 1 year, this season will be talked about in a historical context just like the ones I mentioned.  The other point is that Jasper has been around a while and have beaten Maryville in AA semifinals, Alcoa, and beat Brentwood Academy in the AA title game.  That tradition stacks up with most anyone in the state, especially a rural count with a few thousand people. 

Edited by rlh

That wasn't your point originally and you know it. In fact, I don't think you had much of a point How ever, I'll put my point in crayon for you. In 1 year, this season will be talked about in a historical context just like the ones I mentioned. The other point is that Jasper has been around a while and have beaten Maryville in AA semifinals, Alcoa, and beat Brentwood Academy in the AA title game. That tradition stacks up with most anyone in the state, especially a rural count with a few thousand people.

If you would go back and read my original post in this thread it was a a response to someone asking could Alcoa beat Marion County or could they even play with Fulton, 2 things that Trez has done in the past 3 years? That poster said no way which is ignorant. I responded with facts to an ignorant fan and you got ruffled up. How is not beating someone in 26 years not helping my point of could Alcoa beat MC? I have nothing against MC but 15 Gold balls speak for themself.....

Edited by Swipes

That wasn't your point originally and you know it. In fact, I don't think you had much of a point How ever, I'll put my point in crayon for you. In 1 year, this season will be talked about in a historical context just like the ones I mentioned. The other point is that Jasper has been around a while and have beaten Maryville in AA semifinals, Alcoa, and beat Brentwood Academy in the AA title game. That tradition stacks up with most anyone in the state, especially a rural count with a few thousand people.

Add to the fact that over half of Mcs arent from out of zone and have to pay to go there.

Speaking of which, using your logic, Alcoa hasnt beaten marion but one time in the past 27 years

Means Marion didn't make it far enough in the playoffs in 04, 05, 06, 07, and lost in 08 before Alcoa moved up because Alcoa was there when both were in 2a.

Once again the question was brought up COULD Alcoa beat MC or even play with Fulton like Trez has done? Someone said No way which is ignorant

Edited by Swipes