Sonny Moore

pujo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Means Marion didn't make it far enough in the playoffs in 04, 05, 06, 07, and lost in 08 before Alcoa moved up because Alcoa was there when both were in 2a.

Once again the question was brought up COULD Alcoa beat MC or even play with Fulton like Trez has done? Someone said No way which is ignorant

Also AA in the A-AA-AAA system.

You do know that Marion County is opened zoned the same way Blount Co is with the same set of rules.....

Actually, Marion County is NOT open zoned in the way Blount Co is.  There are set bus routes for Whitwell, Marion Co High and South Pittsburg.  Students can't just transfer back and forth willy nilly.  It has to be approved by the school.  Furthermore if a kid starts varsity at one school in the 9th grade, the student has to sit out a year or family must move. 

OK? Your Point? Once again the question brought up by another poster was Could Alcoa beat MC or play with Fulton? Not WOULD they but Could they. Anyone that know football knows the answer to that question.....

Thought KC and Greenville was the best 2 teams in 4a. That was just weird.

Actually, Marion County is NOT open zoned in the way Blount Co is.  There are set bus routes for Whitwell, Marion Co High and South Pittsburg.  Students can't just transfer back and forth willy nilly.  It has to be approved by the school.  Furthermore if a kid starts varsity at one school in the 9th grade, the student has to sit out a year or family must move.

Students residing outside the boundaries of the school system may attend schools within the school system

on the following conditions:

1. There must be available room and teaching capacity according to applicable law, however in no case will

out of District students be accepted if it will cause the District to incur expense above the federal, state

and local funds available for teaching positions. In addition, if student capacity prevents effective

instruction the school principal may bring the out of district requests before the Board on a case-by-case

basis to determine whether the out of district student(s) will be allowed to enroll. 4

2. Written approval of the director of schools is required.1

3. Non-resident students must pay a tuition fee established annually by the Board as follows:

Out of District / In State - Tuition may be charged to students residing outside the county but within

the State of Tennessee. Tuition charged may not exceed per student, per annum, an amount equal to

the amount of funds actually used for school purposes by the school system, divided by the number of

students in average daily attendance during the preceding school year minus any funds received from

the state or from the student’s resident system.2 A child of a school system employee residing outside

of the school district, but in state, may attend a school within the school system at no tuition charge.

Out of District / Out of State- Tuition shall be charged to students who are not living in the State of

Tennessee, at the same rate as the average cost per student in the school system; however, a child of a

teacher residing outside the state may attend a school within the school system where the nonresident

teacher is employed at no tuition charge.

4. Non-resident students must make application at least two weeks prior to the first day of school.

After two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of school and thereafter during the remainder of the

school year, students wishing to transfer into the system must also have the approval of the sending

system.1

5. When accepted at a specific school, enrollment at that school will be guaranteed until the student

leaves the last grade in that school. During this period of time, brothers and sisters will be assured

of enrollment at the same school.

6. Students who become residents of the school system will be refunded any unused portion of the

tuition on a pro-rata basis.

7. When payment is not made on all or any part of the required tuition for a previous year, the student(s)

shall be excluded from future attendance until all prior and current tuition is pa

This is from the Marion County school boards policy. Alcoa has the same policy in place. There are set bus routes for Alcoa, Maryville, Heritage, and William Blount the same as Whitwell, Marion Co High and South Pittsburg. Both have tuition that non resident students have to pay and both have the go through the school board to get approval

Thought KC and Greenville was the best 2 teams in 4a. That was just weird.

That's why they lineup and play the game. KC with all the d1 talent shouldn't have lost this year. They had beaten Knox central 49 to 19 earlier in the year and beat 4 time ky 3a state champ Belfy by 25. Still a head scratcher for alot of people. Greeneville got beat on a 4th and 16 hail mary pass with 6 sec to go by Knox central and was their only td on the night. Football is a crazy sport and no offense to sonny moore rankings but I don't see Greeneville as the 7th best team in the entire state of TN this year.

I haven't seen the Alcoa and Blunt county guidelines.  However, if you look at this closely, you will see that it isn't open enrollment as per the TSSAA criteria.  Plus, it is an automatic thing for a kid from Whitwell for example to go to one of the other 2 schools.  For example if f admitted, and they played football at Whitwell, they will have to sit out 1 year unless the parents moved withing the other schools territory.  Also look at the parts I bolded.  You also essentially said it isn't open enrollment by your part that I bolded at the end as well. There is a big difference in the population of Blount County and Knox County which is close to Alcoa and Marion county which is the 49th county in population behind Knox which is 3rd.  Lastly, Alcoa is in Alcoa City Schools and not Blounty County Schools (William Blount and Heritage High School are the 2 high schools in Blount County System).

Students residing outside the boundaries of the school system may attend schools within the school system
on the following conditions:
1. There must be available room and teaching capacity according to applicable law, however in no case will
out of District students be accepted if it will cause the District to incur expense above the federal, state
and local funds available for teaching positions. In addition, if student capacity prevents effective
instruction the school principal may bring the out of district requests before the Board on a case-by-case
basis to determine whether the out of district student(s) will be allowed to enroll. 4

2. Written approval of the director of schools is required.1
3. Non-resident students must pay a tuition fee established annually by the Board as follows:

Out of District / In State - Tuition may be charged to students residing outside the county but within
the State of Tennessee. Tuition charged may not exceed per student, per annum, an amount equal to
the amount of funds actually used for school purposes by the school system, divided by the number of
students in average daily attendance during the preceding school year minus any funds received from
the state or from the student’s resident system.2 A child of a school system employee residing outside
of the school district, but in state, may attend a school within the school system at no tuition charge.

Out of District / Out of State- Tuition shall be charged to students who are not living in the State of
Tennessee, at the same rate as the average cost per student in the school system; however, a child of a
teacher residing outside the state may attend a school within the school system where the nonresident
teacher is employed at no tuition charge.

4. Non-resident students must make application at least two weeks prior to the first day of school.
After two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of school and thereafter during the remainder of the
school year, students wishing to transfer into the system must also have the approval of the sending
system.1

5. When accepted at a specific school, enrollment at that school will be guaranteed until the student
leaves the last grade in that school. During this period of time, brothers and sisters will be assured
of enrollment at the same school.

6. Students who become residents of the school system will be refunded any unused portion of the
tuition on a pro-rata basis.

7. When payment is not made on all or any part of the required tuition for a previous year, the student(s)
shall be excluded from future attendance until all prior and current tuition is pa

This is from the Marion County school boards policy. Alcoa has the same policy in place. There are set bus routes for Alcoa, Maryville, Heritage, and William Blount the same as Whitwell, Marion Co High and South Pittsburg. Both have tuition that non resident students have to pay and both have the go through the school board to get approval

Edited by rlh

Can alcoa hang with Whitehaven trezevant does the week before every season kicks off. can they go and beat 6a missippi schools. Could they beat marion waverly. Hang or beat Fulton. Play and . Beat mitchell. I dont think so.

Serpentor...I told you earlier that Waverly wouldn't fold at Trezevant, and you didn't believe me until they came there and played the Bears to a standstill. Either yourself or willie said that the two long pass plays by Trez was the difference in the game, which was tied late. Now I'm here to tell you that Alcoa is an altogether different beast. Marion, Waverly, Fulton, Mitchell, and Memphis Central (you left them out) would be underdogs to Alcoa this year. Trezevant has a proud program but nowhere near what the Tornado faithful are used to year in and year out,.. in a "down" year Alcoa whips Trez. without much trouble.

Serpentor...I told you earlier that Waverly wouldn't fold at Trezevant, and you didn't believe me until they came there and played the Bears to a standstill. Either yourself or willie said that the two long pass plays by Trez was the difference in the game, which was tied late. Now I'm here to tell you that Alcoa is an altogether different beast. Marion, Waverly, Fulton, Mitchell, and Memphis Central (you left them out) would be underdogs to Alcoa this year. Trezevant has a proud program but nowhere near what the Tornado faithful are used to year in and year out,.. in a "down" year Alcoa whips Trez. without much trouble.

Now with all due respect trader Waverly faced a Trezevant team without Richardson trust me it would've been much much much different if he had played. Second I totally disagree with Alcoa whipping Trezevant without much trouble. Have you seen Trezevant's out of conference schedule year in and year out. We played the 4A champs East within a score this year. Try Southaven and Desoto County and Ensworth. I'm sure they will have a comparable schedule next year.You can't compare these boys to anyone in the state if you think Alcoa reloads that's all Trezevant does. We will play teams better than Alcoa in the regular season they will be ready if we can meat them.We have four years to get back to Cookeville in 3a then we will be back to dominate in 2A once again.

Now with all due respect trader Waverly faced a Trezevant team without Richardson trust me it would've been much much much different if he had played. Second I totally disagree with Alcoa whipping Trezevant without much trouble. Have you seen Trezevant's out of conference schedule year in and year out. We played the 4A champs East within a score this year. Try Southaven and Desoto County and Ensworth. I'm sure they will have a comparable schedule next year.You can't compare these boys to anyone in the state if you think Alcoa reloads that's all Trezevant does. We will play teams better than Alcoa in the regular season they will be ready if we can meat them.We have four years to get back to Cookeville in 3a then we will be back to dominate in 2A once again.

I have much respect for Trezevant, but I also know that Alcoa is one of the top four, five, six programs in the state most seasons, including the privates. Lots of discussions about that that we won't go into, but there's not really any point in comparing Trez. to Alcoa until you beat them...you'll just have to be patient...very patient.

Wouldn't want to poke the bear on the 'T either...start that discussion with the "goon squad" and you'll get plenty of information about your teams chances of beating them (from their perspective).

Edited by tradertwo