division 2 rankings are posted

Hamm

Concessions? I'd recommend sneaking into the hospitality rooms. Preferably at some of the more country locations (Halls, Summit Hill, etc.). Usually there's much more home cooking as opposed to McCallie, FR or some of the preps where everything's store bought and they're much friendlier so the chances of being thrown out aren't nearly as high.

It's hard to gauge a kid based on a middle school career. Not fair to him at this point to deem him as as extraordinary just because of middle school accomplishments and a mostly likely 106lb number 1 seed in D2. Again, the kid is really good though.

Alex Whitworth wrestled the number one ranked D1 wrestler at 106 Reed Cannon of Arlington at Cleveland Duals and was up 7-0 when he pinned him. He also wrestled the number 4 ranked D1 wrestler at 106 Wesley Devaney of Bradley Central and Whitworth won 17-0. An extremely impressive performance by the 8th grader from Mccallie.

• Upvote 1

Elijah was a freshman last year who qualified for the ncaa tourney and got the 16 seed (don't remember Phillip or Jordan being seeded their true freshman year). This year he's a sophomore and currently ranked 13 by Flo. So remind me again, how did it "turn out"?

Jordan Leen- 2005 his true freshman year. Unseeded and finished 2-2 at the NCAA's. Then went on to become a three time all American and national champion.

Phillip Simpson- 2002 his true freshman year. Seeded 10th. (Which is higher than 16th I do believe) finished 3-2 at the NCAA's. Then went on to become a three time all American and national runner up.

Elijah was the 16 seed and went 1-2 at the NCAA's. He is also ranked 20th on flow.

Just thought I would clear that up for you.

Edited by westernwrestler

Jordan Leen- 2005 his true freshman year. Unseeded and finished 2-2 at the NCAA's. Then went on to become a three time all American and national champion.

Phillip Simpson- 2002 his true freshman year. Seeded 10th. (Which is higher than 16th I do believe) finished 3-2 at the NCAA's. Then went on to become a three time all American and national runner up.

Elijah was the 16 seed and went 1-2 at the NCAA's. He is also ranked 20th on flow.

Just thought I would clear that up for you.

When I posted what I did he was ranked 13. Since then he lost to Gonser of Eastern Mich and dropped to 20. The point of my post was the op said "we all see how that turned out." To Elijah being a good wrestler at the next level. He's a sophomore. It's a little early to say "we all see how that turned out". Don't you think?

When I posted what I did he was ranked 13. Since then he lost to Gonser of Eastern Mich and dropped to 20. The point of my post was the op said "we all see how that turned out." To Elijah being a good wrestler at the next level. He's a sophomore. It's a little early to say "we all see how that turned out". Don't you think?

*mic drop*

No reason to backtrack.  You posted that you did not think Leen or Simpson were not seeded as high as Elijah their freshman year.  That statement got debunked.  Don't you think?

No reason to backtrack.  You posted that you did not think Leen or Simpson were not seeded as high as Elijah their freshman year.  That statement got debunked.  Don't you think?

Refresh my memory, did I say definitively that 100% they were not seeded as higher as him? Or did I say I didn't remember if those two were seeded that high? Reread what I said again.

But my sincerest apologies if saying that, I don't think, or I don't remember if, states that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am 100% correct. Ill try to be more careful in what I say next time.

Edited by WrestlingGod

Refresh my memory, did I say definitively that 100% they were not seeded as higher as him? Or did I say I didn't remember if those two were seeded that high? Reread what I said again.

But my sincerest apologies if saying that, I don't think, or I don't remember if, states that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am 100% correct. Ill try to be more careful in what I say next time.

I have re-read your posts and have the following observations:  Is Elijah really a sophomore?  You did not say 100% for sure.  Did he really qualify for the NCAA tournament?  You did not say 100% for sure.  I wonder if he even wrestles since you did not say 100% sure.

Wow, unless you say 100%, I will take everything you post with a grain of salt.

I have re-read your posts and have the following observations:  Is Elijah really a sophomore?  You did not say 100% for sure.  Did he really qualify for the NCAA tournament?  You did not say 100% for sure.  I wonder if he even wrestles since you did not say 100% sure.

Wow, unless you say 100%, I will take everything you post with a grain of salt.

I said that he is a sophomore, also said he qualified for the ncaa tournament and I stated both of those as declarative statements. The line in question was said with a disclaimer that I did not remember if the other two were seeded higher than he was or not. Are you really that thick that you don't understand the difference in the two? Or you just trying to be funny and bust my ball?

Edited by WrestlingGod

I think you are missing my other points. You stated that you thought Elijah was ranked higher than Leen and Simpson as a true freshman. (Which is wrong) Simpson was one match from placing as a freshman. Leen was two. And Elijah was three. But Elijah was seeded higher than Leen.