Who will be the next coach at GCA?

Raven52

For those surprised rb left his last job what I'm told is there were conflicts with him being a man of faith and the higher ups there. From what I gather the headmaster there was a militant aggressive atheist and clashed with coach Bradley. No worries about that here at home. He's been given the keys to the kingdom I'm excited as an alumni to see what he does. Maybe now we will feel welcome back to games....

For those surprised rb left his last job what I'm told is there were conflicts with him being a man of faith and the higher ups there. From what I gather the headmaster there was a militant aggressive atheist and clashed with coach Bradley. No worries about that here at home. He's been given the keys to the kingdom I'm excited as an alumni to see what he does. Maybe now we will feel welcome back to games....

I don't think you really want to go down that road.  I have some contacts in Jackson and the coach left 3 days after a plane crash killed a whole school family including one of his players with the funeral this weekend so don't think you need to get too holier than thou just yet.

I don't think you really want to go down that road. I have some contacts in Jackson and the coach left 3 days after a plane crash killed a whole school family including one of his players with the funeral this weekend so don't think you need to get too holier than thou just yet.

I'm not trying to speak ill of anyone just stating what could be a big reason.

OK, gotcha.  I do agree with you that, with CAK and CPA, etc. making the move to Div2AA, as well as Grace (from 2A), that that new subdivision will be more competitive and tougher overall than what's left in 3A. Few if any of the teams in it would be competitive against Alcoa on a year-in/year-out basis.

As for the other stuff, perspectives can vary widely.  You saw Webb more than I did...I saw CAK more than you...and probably Elizabethton and Alcoa too, but less of Lausanne and Harding than you did.  Your perspective led you to have differing opinions about the relative hierarchy than mine did.  Both of us came to rational conclusions based on what we saw, just different because we saw different things.

Okay. First let's not pretend high school football teams don't change throughout the season. The Webb team that finished the season would have beat the early Webb team soundly. Trust me Webb was a lot better to finish the year.

Lausanne most certainly could have played with Alcoa. They were much bigger and deeper than Webb. Their lines would have matched up. You cant simply compare scores and assume especially when some games were played early. That undefeated team was very very good.

CAK did get blown out by Alcoa but they also didn't have their top quarterback for that game. They did when they played Webb. So that isn't a comparable score either. Yes Alcoa beat Webb 38-13 week 1. Once again anyone who follows Webb football knows that young team became much much better the second half of the season and even knocked off 5A power Oak Ridge who was the only team to beat 5A state champ Farragut.

I give Alcoa the edge but the thing is Alcoa rarely has anyone they play in 3A during the regular season that is a good football team.

Yes Scott almost beat CAK but Grace almost did too. Webb once they hit stride beat the same Grace team CAK needed a last minute comeback to win 41-0. Trust me Webb and Lausanne would have given Elizabethon a game and would have beat every other team in 3A. I still think Lausanne would give Alcoa all they wanted.

When I said 5-8 teams I was also including this years teams coming over. So CAK and Notre Dame, CPA etc. as far as last year this is what I've got.

1. Alcoa/Lausanne
2. Webb/Elizabethon
5. Harding Academy
6. St. George's
7. Stratford (3A)
8. Milan (3A)
9. BGA
10. CPA (3A)

With CAK, Notre Dame, CPA, David Lipscomb, Grace
And some teams out west there is no doubt that D2AA is now a much tougher classification top to bottom than top heavy 3A.

Edited by Warriors2011

OK, gotcha. I do agree with you that, with CAK and CPA, etc. making the move to Div2AA, as well as Grace (from 2A), that that new subdivision will be more competitive and tougher overall than what's left in 3A. Few if any of the teams in it would be competitive against Alcoa on a year-in/year-out basis.

As for the other stuff, perspectives can vary widely. You saw Webb more than I did...I saw CAK more than you...and probably Elizabethton and Alcoa too, but less of Lausanne and Harding than you did. Your perspective led you to have differing opinions about the relative hierarchy than mine did. Both of us came to rational conclusions based on what we saw, just different because we saw different things.

You hit on something that is key here: most of what is discussed on this website has to do with perspective. It is impossible for any of us to see every team multiple times to really get a good feel. You can watch a lot of teams once, but we never know if those teams played great, terrible, or their norm that particular might.

As for this discussion, I watched the 3A final and a couple other Alcoa games. IMO, Lausanne, Webb, and Harding could each compete with them this past season. Would they win? I'm not sure, but I do believe it would be a good game. I do think that I'm the coming years, the new D2-AA from top to bottom will be as good or better than 4A and potentially 5A.

Okay. First let's not pretend high school football teams don't change throughout the season. The Webb team that finished the season would have beat the early Webb team soundly. Trust me Webb was a lot better to finish the year.

Lausanne most certainly could have played with Alcoa. They were much bigger and deeper than Webb. Their lines would have matched up. You cant simply compare scores and assume especially when some games were played early. That undefeated team was very very good.

CAK did get blown out by Alcoa but they also didn't have their top quarterback for that game. They did when they played Webb. So that isn't a comparable score either. Yes Alcoa beat Webb 38-13 week 1. Once again anyone who follows Webb football knows that young team became much much better the second half of the season and even knocked off 5A power Oak Ridge who was the only team to beat 5A state champ Farragut.

I give Alcoa the edge but the thing is Alcoa rarely has anyone they play in 3A during the regular season that is a good football team.

Yes Scott almost beat CAK but Grace almost did too. Webb once they hit stride beat the same Grace team CAK needed a last minute comeback to win 41-0. Trust me Webb and Lausanne would have given Elizabethon a game and would have beat every other team in 3A. I still think Lausanne would give Alcoa all they wanted.

When I said 5-8 teams I was also including this years teams coming over. So CAK and Notre Dame, CPA etc. as far as last year this is what I've got.

1. Alcoa/Lausanne

2. Webb/Elizabethon

5. Harding Academy

6. St. George's

7. Stratford (3A)

8. Milan (3A)

9. BGA

10. CPA (3A)

And some teams out west there is no doubt that D2AA is now a much tougher classification top to bottom than top heavy 3A.

Booger just sayin 7.gif

1. Alcoa/Lausanne

2. Webb/Elizabethon

5. Harding Academy

6. St. George's

7. Stratford (3A)

8. Milan (3A)

9. BGA

10. CPA (3A)

In looking at your list 1-10 I noticed a few teams that probably should be in there. What about Liberty, Dyersburg and USJ. With USJ playing Milan close and Liberty and Dyersburg beating Milan in close games seems all three should be on the list somewhere. Just curious your thoughts??

CPA put Stratford out of the playoffs. USJ ousted BGA and Liberty ended Milan and CPA's seasons. Seems like they should be somewhere on the list.

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

In looking at your list 1-10 I noticed a few teams that probably should be in there. What about Liberty, Dyersburg and USJ. With USJ playing Milan close and Liberty and Dyersburg beating Milan in close games seems all three should be on the list somewhere. Just curious your thoughts??

CPA put Stratford out of the playoffs. USJ ousted BGA and Liberty ended Milan and CPA's seasons. Seems like they should be somewhere on the list.

I thought I put USJ on there. Yes I agree. BGA gets bumped off the list replaced by USJ. CPA did put them out but the didn't have a great season overall.

I will admit I know nothing about Dyersberg.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Well that makes sense. I thought USJ was a Christian school. Obviously not haha.

OK, gotcha. I do agree with you that, with CAK and CPA, etc. making the move to Div2AA, as well as Grace (from 2A), that that new subdivision will be more competitive and tougher overall than what's left in 3A. Few if any of the teams in it would be competitive against Alcoa on a year-in/year-out basis.

As for the other stuff, perspectives can vary widely. You saw Webb more than I did...I saw CAK more than you...and probably Elizabethton and Alcoa too, but less of Lausanne and Harding than you did. Your perspective led you to have differing opinions about the relative hierarchy than mine did. Both of us came to rational conclusions based on what we saw, just different because we saw different things.

I wish Alcoa decided to keep playing CAK or Webb instead of Grace. Btw how do you feel about your new division rival Grace having your old football coach?

I have several good friends at Grace and want to see things go well for them, except, of course, when they are playing against CAK. CRB certainly knows his X's and O's and I expect him to put a good product on the field. How I feel about it is probably not nearly as relevant as how the boys on the CAK team who were coached by CRB feel about it.  My sense is they're excited about the prospect of playing against a team led by their previous coach. 

I wish Alcoa decided to keep playing CAK or Webb instead of Grace. Btw how do you feel about your new division rival Grace having your old football coach?