OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

It appears according to Twitter that Caleb Martin has committed to Bluefield College where he will join Jacob Gross. Of course, there is plenty of time before he actually signs and I am hopping he has the type of season this fall that attracts SEC, ACC, OVC or Southern Conference type teams. Run good routes, have a great season from Stewart throwing the ball and things will work out. As usual, I am hoping UT-Chattanooga signs some Oak Ridge players for me to follow.

It appears according to Twitter that Caleb Martin has committed to Bluefield College where he will join Jacob Gross. Of course, there is plenty of time before he actually signs and I am hopping he has the type of season this fall that attracts SEC, ACC, OVC or Southern Conference type teams. Run good routes, have a great season from Stewart throwing the ball and things will work out. As usual, I am hoping UT-Chattanooga signs some Oak Ridge players for me to follow.

I am having second thoughts on Caleb to Bluefield. First of all, I don't trust Twitter. Second, with his physical skills he should get looks by bigger schools IF he has a good senior year. Why settle on a small school this early in the process? Of course, if this is his pick I am happy for him and his family. For all I know, Bluefield could be a great academic school with a young head football coach who will be well known someday.

I am having second thoughts on Caleb to Bluefield. First of all, I don't trust Twitter. Second, with his physical skills he should get looks by bigger schools IF he has a good senior year. Why settle on a small school this early in the process? Of course, if this is his pick I am happy for him and his family. For all I know, Bluefield could be a great academic school with a young head football coach who will be well known a

still plenty of time, maybe he can play at UTC

Edited by wingman10

Guys twitter said that was Caleb Jackson (Big Edward Jackson son) not Caleb Martin.  Caleb Martin actually has several Div. 1 (FCS (1AA) offers. Aaron Dykes has a bunch of offers now also from HVA including Army Academy.

Thanks for clearing that up. I often see Dykes name mentioned on Twitter, he will probably give Oak Ridge fits this season. Again thanks for helping me out on this.

Thanks for clearing that up. I often see Dykes name mentioned on Twitter, he will probably give Oak Ridge fits this season. Again thanks for helping me out on this.

Love watching Dykes play.  He can do a lot of things really well.  

As a fan of Army football (my son is a graduate) I really would love to see Aaron end up at The USMA.  He fits the profile of what it takes to be a Cadet both academically and athletically to a T.  

Of the 16 qualifiers, he ended up finishing last (11.70).

That's hard to imagine but if you're correct, then he must be hurt and less than 100%.  He's faster on a football field than on the track because I haven't seen anyone stay with him on the field! WE HAVE REAL BREAK AWAY SPEED!!!! 

That's hard to imagine but if you're correct, then he must be hurt and less than 100%.  He's faster on a football field than on the track because I haven't seen anyone stay with him on the field! WE HAVE REAL BREAK AWAY SPEED!!!! 

http://tssaa.org/2017-class-aaa-boys-state-track-results/

http://tssaa.org/wp-content/uploads/Track/2017AAABoysQualifiers.pdf

His qualifying time (11.53) would have also put him in last place, so I don't think there is anything shocking here. Each region gets 2 qualifiers, and based on the qualifying times, East TN just didn't have any elite sprinters in AAA this year; of the 16 qualifiers, the bottom 6 were from Regions 1, 2, and 3. I'm betting that if they took the 16 fastest sprinters overall, instead of the top 2 from each region, Region 2 would not have qualified anyone in the 100 meters.

EDIT - I forgot that these runners qualify through sectionals (not regionals), so each region could potentially qualify 4 runners in a single event.

Edited by osunut2

Didn't Willie say he said on Twitter he had a hip flexor a few weeks ago? If so, that would explain it. Those things are hard to get rid of once you get them. High 11's isn't Jordanesque like. He ran better times than that last year, and I'm sure he didn't become slower over the year. Maybe he has added a lot of muscle though? I don't know, because I went to zero track meets this year, which is unlike me.

Edited by SweetScience

Didn't Willie say he said on Twitter he had a hip flexor a few weeks ago? If so, that would explain it. Those things are hard to get rid of once you get them. High 11's isn't Jordanesque like. He ran better times than that last year, and I'm sure he didn't become slower over the year. Maybe he has added a lot of muscle though? I don't know, because I went to zero track meets this year, which is unlike me.

John Huotari reported that he's been dealing with a hip flexor since early April, so you're right. Didn't realize that he'd run the 100 in 11.1 earlier this year. That's pretty strong.