OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Rivalry Thursday will not carry any Oak Ridge games this season according to Mark Packer. He said he offered OR a game but Coach Mullins declined.

That's good and I mean that with no bad intent. It will be nice to see some new teams on there. It seems Mark Packer picks the same few teams every year. Edited by Governors91

Oak Ridge has played a couple of away games on Thursday night. This year Farragut, Campbell Co. And Fulton could have been Packer choices. Doesn't another station do a couple of Fri. night games?

I think you're right...one station does televise a few Friday night games. Those Thursday night games need to go!

. Doesn't another station do a couple of Fri. night games?

WBIRs cable channel, 10News2 does Friday night games.  Russell Biven does play by play.  

But the issue there is that unless one is in Knox County and has Comcast as his/her TV provider, chances are you wont see the game.  10News2 isn't part of the channel lineup on DishNetwork (which I have), Direct TV, and I don't think on Charter Cable.  

Edited by HTV

WBIRs cable channel, 10News2 does Friday night games.  Russell Biven does play by play.  

But the issue there is that unless one is in Knox County and has Comcast as his/her TV provider, chances are you wont see the game.  10News2 isn't part of the channel lineup on DishNetwork (which I have), Direct TV, and I don't think on Charter Cable.  

We get it on Charter in Blount County. You either are watching a repeat of the news all day long or sometimes they have something else. The main channel is 9 in Blount County and the other is 10 if you missed the news and like to see it later.

I don't know if this will be the case again in 2017, but most of the games on 10News2 last season were broadcast over the air (channel 10-2). Just need an antenna to watch.

If the home team chooses to play on Thursday, Gaddis, Mullins or any traveling team has to roll with it. Pretty sure on this.

Well, I learned something from your post. I figured both teams had to agree to move a game to Thursday for TV but you're saying that the home team makes the call. I've cussed Gaddis under my breath every time we've had a Thursday TV game, home or away. Now I can just cuss him for the home Thursday TV games.