OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Graham and Thompson didn't play, it hurts not to have them two guys out there even though I was impressed with a couple of guys. #4 just needs to get a bit tougher and #2 needs to be on the line in #71. I was impressed with #12 and #20 especially but I just think Oak Ridge needs to go back to the regular old spread and put Graham in the backfield. #24 needs to play safety point blank. Oak ridge has time to improve, I vote Graham winning Mr. Football this year

Graham and Thompson didn't play, it hurts not to have them two guys out there even though I was impressed with a couple of guys. #4 just needs to get a bit tougher and #2 needs to be on the line in #71. I was impressed with #12 and #20 especially but I just think Oak Ridge needs to go back to the regular old spread and put Graham in the backfield. #24 needs to play safety point blank. Oak ridge has time to improve, I vote Graham winning Mr. Football this year

Don't forget Tyrell Romano, too. Another speedster with good size on the track team. Man, sure would be nice if Tre came back out, too. #1 is a stud. He impressed me more than anybody. He'll lay the wood on you. #4 needs to learn how to tackle better, although he did some good things. Edited by SweetScience

I know we usually don't post players' names when discussing scrimmages, practices and sometimes games but could we maybe put some names to the players' numbers? Just a time or two so I can get a feel for who is who.

Sounds like we have a lot of work to do. A little discouraged #2 didn't look better. Were there any transfers playing for OR?

Summer workouts will be very important and hopefully the guys will be fine for the fall.

Considering almost everything we did yesterday was new, I thought we had a good scrimmage.  The biggest thing to work on coming out of the spring is the center snap exchange.  Most, if not all of the busts on offense were due to bad snaps.  I thought we ran the ball well, especially considering the RBs were 2nd and 3rd string.  #1, Mitchell, had the best game.  He has also shown that in practice as well.  

I thought the Govs were your typical Govs team:  big, tough, some good skill players.  Really good running back in King.  I don't know how competitive they will be in the new region.

Again, I thought #2 had a solid scrimmage, especially considering the new offensive sets were are running. And... he is easily the best QB we have on the roster.

I thought #1 was the best player on the field on both teams. It will be interesting to see where they put Graham in this spread offense. It looked to me like #24 was playing sort of a strong safety position rather than a deep free safety position and I think that's more suited for him. I think he's more of a physical head hunter type than a deep cover guy. I'm still worried about the line.

Don't forget Tyrell Romano, too. Another speedster with good size on the track team. Man, sure would be nice if Tre came back out, too. #1 is a stud. He impressed me more than anybody. He'll lay the wood on you. #4 needs to learn how to tackle better, although he did some good things.

I don't even know who Romano is. Where did he come from and what does he play? If he's so fast, why haven't I read about him in track or remember him from football? What number was he last year?

I don't even know who Romano is. Where did he come from and what does he play? If he's so fast, why haven't I read about him in track or remember him from football? What number was he last year?

Starting freshman RB last year. Was coming off ankle or knee surgery at the beginning of last year, so to me he didn't look full speed last year. This coming year he should be up to speed. Nice added depth @ the RB position.

He's on the 4x100 relay team. Pay attention, Cats. Or is it Gaddis' fault that you don't know who he is? That's where I'm leaning towards. Everything is Gaddis' fault in my opinion. If we go to WW3 guess whose fault it'll be? Yep, you guessed it, Gaddis. Edited by SweetScience

How good was OR's defense last year and how good do ya'll expect them to be next year? As a Govs fan, I thought we had consistent success and were getting decent yardage running right at the defense. That's been something we haven't been able to do with any consistency in years so it was encouraging to see.

Edited by Governors91