OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Anyone attend the Night of Champions on Thursday. Did the team look stronger?

I was there.  I thought our young men looked good.  Across the board we are stronger than last year.  I appreciate our guys have put in over the past 4 months.  Looking forward to practice beginning on Monday!

Two recent signings of Wildcats are both well deserved.

Jacob Gross will attend and play football for Marietta College located in Marietta, Ohio. I expect Jacob to play Whoop A## football and  make Oak Ridge proud.

Mark Kaczocha signed with Centre College and his versatility should benefit his new team.

...Spring football starts TODAY :popcorneater: so get your pop corn and head to the high school and report back here on anything you feel I need to know.Thanks.

Anyone attend the Night of Champions on Thursday. Did the team look stronger?

I was there and I was very impressed with how strong some of the smaller guys are...the running back, wide receiver, and defensive back types. We have two linemen who are VERY strong and one more who looked strong but I didn't see much more strength in the line.

What was your overall impression of how we looked or is it too early to tell?

It's probably too early, but nice to see more linemen than we have had the last couple of years.  I don't know if it is permanent, but they have moved Booker out to WR.  Good move, IMHO so we can take advantage of his speed.  QBs yesterday were Stewart, Reedy and Capshaw.  Lots of depth at RB and WR.

It's probably too early, but nice to see more linemen than we have had the last couple of years. I don't know if it is permanent, but they have moved Booker out to WR. Good move, IMHO so we can take advantage of his speed. QBs yesterday were Stewart, Reedy and Capshaw. Lots of depth at RB and WR.

Capshaw? That's a new name. Booker is quick as a cat. Love watching him run the option.

I can see Booker running some reverses and also on return teams. We had a young player who returned KOs last year, I think his number was 22. I hope he is back.

Also, how is #4 looking? He has big shoes to fill ( #5).

RWR

That would be Jordan Graham, who is probably not going to be wearing #22. (lots of number switching this year).  #4 looks pretty good, will probably play both ways, WR and Corner.  

That would be Jordan Graham, who is probably not going to be wearing #22. (lots of number switching this year).  #4 looks pretty good, will probably play both ways, WR and Corner.  

I must have the wrong number because I knew Jordan was #22. I will look around and try and find the guy. He had a great return in the second half of the Clinton game.

As for number changes, Jordon asked his Twitter followers which number they thought he should wear # 6 or #30. I voted for #30 but #6 won 57% to 43%.

Also on twitter, Tee is said to be heavier and going to Clemson to make big plays. I still need to check on when Clemson plays Ga. Tech in Atlanta and get tickets. I don't think it is this coming season though.

I was watching a highlight tape of Jacob Gross the other day and I sure wish we had him one more season. That guy sure could tackle.

I must have the wrong number because I knew Jordan was #22. I will look around and try and find the guy. He had a great return in the second half of the Clinton game.

As for number changes, Jordon asked his Twitter followers which number they thought he should wear # 6 or #30. I voted for #30 but #6 won 57% to 43%.

Also on twitter, Tee is said to be heavier and going to Clemson to make big plays. I still need to check on when Clemson plays Ga. Tech in Atlanta and get tickets. I don't think it is this coming season though.

I was watching a highlight tape of Jacob Gross the other day and I sure wish we had him one more season. That guy sure could tackle.

Then that would be Ky'Reece (sp) Pendegrass and yes, he will play a big part on the team this fall.  I agree about Gross, he really came into his own in the last half of the season.