OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

I watched the JV highlights last year on the coach's TV  show and Booker looked really good. We certainly have a lot of offensive weapons if we can just figure out ways for Stewart to get the ball to them. The coaches are really gonna have to step up their play calling.

Are the offensive weapons like Jackson, Graham, Stewart, Booker ect., playing defense? I will really pull hard for the Wildcats and hope they reach their goals. I don't think we can go undefeated but we should compete in every game.

I am nervous about this season but I still wouldn't trade being an Oak Ridge Wildcat fan for any other school.

RWR

I will give a more detailed breakdown in the coming weeks.  I don't see any of the guys you mentioned playing defense except maybe Booker, but only in a backup role.  We should be pretty set at safety with Simpson, Thompson and Replogle.  The line is a big concern but should get better as the season wears on.  Look for several sophomores to play on the line.  The real saving grace this year is that most everyone we play is in rebuilding mode or young. 

Dykes is more of a slippery runner with good speed. He runs hard. When you think he down he pops out and breaks it. Good moves too. Reminds me of an Oak Ridge RB when I was last here Shawn Williams. A little bigger than Graham but not overly big. Dykes probably will be at spring practice.  The head Football coach is the track coach also. As far as lines...well let's say at the least we are even but I would probably give you guys the edge...YIKES!!! No our QB left. Our defense was very good last year and we lost a ton.  It could be a shootout because I know Graham and company may have holes to run through and if Graham breaks its TD. Both teams have good defensive staffs so the kids will be ready and watching some of the athletes you have out for track you probably will have a better defense than last year. Just glad to get this game back. 

Shawn Williams...Possibly my favorite RB of all time at OR, but I may be biased because I know him personally. Was that guy tough as nails or what? Never saw him hurt, and never came out of a game, unless he was taken out for a second teamer because the game was a blowout. He wasn't big, maybe 175, but he was tougher than pine knot. Good to hear that name again. 

Edited by SweetScience

I will give a more detailed breakdown in the coming weeks.  I don't see any of the guys you mentioned playing defense except maybe Booker, but only in a backup role.  We should be pretty set at safety with Simpson, Thompson and Replogle.  The line is a big concern but should get better as the season wears on.  Look for several sophomores to play on the line.  The real saving grace this year is that most everyone we play is in rebuilding mode or young.

You may be right but as I watched the championship game I noticed that Farragut returns at least 90% of their starters. That's a problem. Fulton also returns almost their entire team.

I watched the JV highlights last year on the coach's TV  show and Booker looked really good. We certainly have a lot of offensive weapons if we can just figure out ways for Stewart to get the ball to them. The coaches are really gonna have to step up their play calling.

Are the offensive weapons like Jackson, Graham, Stewart, Booker ect., playing defense? I will really pull hard for the Wildcats and hope they reach their goals. I don't think we can go undefeated but we should compete in every game.

I am nervous about this season but I still wouldn't trade being an Oak Ridge Wildcat fan for any other school.

RWR

I'm nervous too. I think we will be seriously tested by HVA, DB, Farragut, West, and Fulton. Clinton will be improved but we will hopefully be better.

You may be right but as I watched the championship game I noticed that Farragut returns at least 90% of their starters. That's a problem. Fulton also returns almost their entire team.

Farragut loses QB, both starting RB.  However, most of the line is back and they will have some speed with Gibbs at RB.  However, quality depth should be a concern for them.  Fulton loses Mobley and Dodson, but that is just it, correct?  The Falcons will have the best QB in 5A.  If they can find lineman, they will be tough to beat.

Farragut loses QB, both starting RB. However, most of the line is back and they will have some speed with Gibbs at RB. However, quality depth should be a concern for them. Fulton loses Mobley and Dodson, but that is just it, correct? The Falcons will have the best QB in 5A. If they can find lineman, they will be tough to beat.

We will gladly take any linemen that OR would care to offer. For what it's worth, we will take any lineman that want to move in.

Edited by KnoxVil

We will gladly take any linemen that OR would care to offer. For what it's worth, we will take any lineman that want to move in.

You don't listen I guess because we would never offer a lineman to anyone...we don't have enough right now. We will also take any lineman who wants to move in. We have 2-3 that are pretty good but we have no depth, I hope spring practice proves me wrong.

You don't listen I guess because we would never offer a lineman to anyone...we don't have enough right now. We will also take any lineman who wants to move in. We have 2-3 that are pretty good but we have no depth, I hope spring practice proves me wrong.

If we've got 3 good ones, make them run with the cross country team this summer to get them ready to go both ways. Heck, play them three ways if we have to. All kidding aside, I know we have guys busting their butts in the weight room right now and will shape up to be fine linemen. We just have to be patient with them and let them get game experience.

If we've got 3 good ones, make them run with the cross country team this summer to get them ready to go both ways. Heck, play them three ways if we have to. All kidding aside, I know we have guys busting their butts in the weight room right now and will shape up to be fine linemen. We just have to be patient with them and let them get game experience.

I hope we find out in the spring that we have more than 2-3 good ones. We don't have the luxury of patience...have you seen our first five games? Gaddis didn't schedule well...he's boxed himself into a corner...unwise scheduling.

Cats, there is only so much Gaddis has control over regarding scheduling.  We have a sizable region and our non-region opponents have large regions.  It's the price of keeping Farragut and DB. 

I think you will find that we have more than 2 or 3 good linemen.  Our guys are doing good work in the weight room.

I hope we find out in the spring that we have more than 2-3 good ones. We don't have the luxury of patience...have you seen our first five games? Gaddis didn't schedule well...he's boxed himself into a corner...unwise scheduling.

Correct, our schedule is very difficult this year. No easy games and the only weeks we had control of scheduling were Weeks 1, 2,  4 and 6. All the other weeks were decided by the Region.

We scheduled four non-region teams: Hardin Valley, DB, Farragut and Sevier County. I totally agree with playing these four teams. Historically, we should play DB and Farragut, they are major rivalries. Sevier County is a solid program who we have played a lot in season and playoffs. No problem with playing the Bears. Hardin Valley should become a major rivalry due to location and the obvious Battle of the Bridge angle. Coach Gaddis did not get to schedule those four teams whenever he wanted. He had to work WITH the other coaches when both teams could meet.

So, it really isn't fair to say Gaddis was "unwise" in his scheduling. He could have looked for less quality teams and that would not help the Oak Ridge players get ready for the playoffs if we even make them. Sometimes, you play who you can, when you can and just suck it up and do it. We are Oak Ridge and we historically play a good schedule.

Now if Gaddis had scheduled Alcoa, Maryville, Catholic and Farragut that would have been unwise, stupid, suicidal and just plain dumb lol.