OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

What I heard at the game last night was that they recently tested on all the lifts and many players made some great gains in strength. Also, they're feeding them some sandwiches on certain days and some have gotten bigger. I know two things for sure...we have breakaway speed and we need linemen!!!!!!

Need lineman?? Or are they there and just need to be coached up?

Need lineman?? Or are they there and just need to be coached up?

I can't believe you would ever lower yourself to even ask a question since you act like the smartest guy on the planet...at least about a football team that you never even watch. You're a joke. Why don't you mind your own business or follow your own team? Better yet, go to OR and meet with their coaches and share your brilliance. I'm sure SS and his lady friend will come to your defense soon so don't get too bothered by my post.

I can't believe you would ever lower yourself to even ask a question since you act like the smartest guy on the planet...at least about a football team that you never even watch. You're a joke. Why don't you mind your own business or follow your own team? Better yet, go to OR and meet with their coaches and share your brilliance. I'm sure SS and his lady friend will come to your defense soon so don't get too bothered by my post.

Keep my name out of your mouth, Boi. Ya Heard? ALSO, leave my woman out of this. 

Edited by SweetScience

Trust me, there is no doubt that your brilliance always shines through. Thank you for your expertise Mr. All Knowing. Sorry for asking a not so brilliant question.

• 4 weeks later...

Just read the Oak Ridger online article about the Track and Field team for 2017. Fourteen football players are out for track. This should make us stronger and faster.

How is the race for QB coming along?. I would guess Stewart is the returning leader with Booker and Repolgion (I will earn how to spell his name.). .

From what I heard about our most recent meet at HVA then you feel better than I do about our guys running track. We got blown out...even our fastest guys got totally blown away. Our fastest guy didn't finish in the top 8 in any race. So I'm not sure that track is helping our guys at all. What I read online was discouraging. It looks like we are getting slower.

I don't want to try and make excuses because I have very little knowledge of how track works. But here is my opinion...maybe Etheridge ( a darn great coach) has had the sprinters working on technique, baton passing and other strategies and will now turn to increasing speed. I know Jordan Graham is fast, very fast and if he is getting dusted there is a reason for that and he will be fine.

This season is going to be a hard one for me because I have high expectations for the team and will not post negative about the Wildcats I won't get my panties in a wad if other people do though.. This is just how I plan to deal with the season.

I don't want to try and make excuses because I have very little knowledge of how track works. But here is my opinion...maybe Etheridge ( a darn great coach) has had the sprinters working on technique, baton passing and other strategies and will now turn to increasing speed. I know Jordan Graham is fast, very fast and if he is getting dusted there is a reason for that and he will be fine.

This season is going to be a hard one for me because I have high expectations for the team and will not post negative about the Wildcats I won't get my panties in a wad if other people do though.. This is just how I plan to deal with the season.

Or we just aren't as fast as I thought we were. When your fastest guy finishes 9th and 10th in his best races that's not good and I don't care what they've been working on.

My expectations aren't as high as yours after these track results. Go to milesplit and look up the HVA meet. It's awful. Look at the individual results and then the team results. The team results will blow you away because of the teams who beat us...and beat us real bad. Some of those schools are known as slow and unathletic schools. If we aren't very fast with very few linemen (don't care what the Knox guy says), we're in trouble.