TOP IN STATE POUND FOR POUND

TD2

Please don't shoot the messenger....but I Have to agree with Newest guy, at high school level, no way is there as much competition at HWT as there is at middle weights. Boykin, great kid, wrestler, family, known him since he was wrestling tots. Also have known King that long as well. King is by far the best pound 4 pound (in my opinion) of any kid in the state. The accolades a wrestler has accomplished is based not only on his talent, but the level of competition he faces. At high school level, most HWT athletic kids are playing football and wrestling as a secondary sport. And thats if the football coach doesn't have his head up his #### and is onboard with wrestling. Great list of kids, know most of them and there parents, this controversy could be debated forever, just glad to see them on the mat and others trying to achieve there success which ultimately grows the sport of wrestling.

Boykin medaled at a senior level event this year. For me, that closes the case.

This is going to sound crazy and hate to break ya'lls heart,  I am not a Ryan fan and have followed wrestling for 40 years in TN.  Wrestled D! in college.  If Boykin or Evans wrestled Eli King tomorrow  for one  period (1).... Eli wins 4 - 1.  of course if they start in referees position they would squash him..... maybe.

• Upvote 2

Seems everyone runs from Matthew Sells... Like Fuller extremely dominant in every position, too strong along with invaluable off season experience and training. Not sure anyone can or will beat these two... Definitely right up there p4p with Boykin, King, Evans, Brackett, Dendy, Duhm, Reinhe, Nicholson, and even possibly Baylor's New Doctor Death- Atlanta transfer "No Whimp" Ivy Bound Whimper

• Upvote 1

Also don't be surprised if Kramers kid doesn't shock the world . Maybe it'll be like the election and I'll be the only one that isnt surprised

Would be something to see, but it's definitely possible if Boykin isn't 100%.... Closest match of D1 285 vs Boykin in '16 all rounds, and the underclassman took it hard, but came back to medal

You would.... Given that Boykin did win by one most would pick him over Sammy. Based on what I've heard coming out of the Chattanooga wrestling room, I'd pick Sammy to win the next 2-3 if they wrestle again.

Has nothing to do with Sammy. It's Boykins accomplishments. Sammy is a stud too though. I know your bias since ur at Alcoas feeder haha

Edited by fooseball95

Great discussion! So many incredibly talented wrestlers right now.

My vote has to go to King. Want evidence of how feared he is? Go watch a replay of FR/McCallie from last week: King walks onto the mat, Dendy stays on the sideline.

Sorry, but that's a pretty bone headed remark. It was a dual meet. I'm quite sure the coaches determine who goes out on the mat - not the kid wrestling. It's a team sport and the coaches are trying to find the best match-ups to get the best result for the TEAM. Dendy is quite an accomplished wrestler and hasn't run from anyone his entire high school career. Not saying he'd beat King, but let's not make assumptions based on ZERO facts.

Edited by Ambush115