Whitehaven coach has schedule woes

CoachT

Ummm... they have tons if kids that don't go to school there playing for them. The TSSAA will wnd that loophole soon and Lausanne will go back to what they were before. You can book that! Lol

That wasn't even the issue being discussed, but since you brought it up.... Can you identify these "tons" of kids playing for them that don't go to school there? I'm sure you will bring up #2 who no doubt was a great player for them and helped them win the state championship, but I'd love to hear about all the others. Is one good player considered a ton to you? I know that everyone who played meaningful snaps on offense goes to school at Lausanne and they return most of them. So I will "book that" and make sure to ask you about it as they make a run at another state championship next season!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a dictionary or know how to use google to understand what a "position of power" is? I'm only asking because you've spent this entire thread, except for your usual racist claims, proving you don't. Just curious.

I don't give racist claims, I simply point them out when valid... You and others like you get uncomfortable when I do and I DON'T CARE. I deal with the uncomfortableness off Living in a overtly and covertly racist society daily. You have to deal with me seeing it and saying it the few times I do on this Message Board, sorry, Not Sorry.

A Position of Power means we don't have to Wait around for an answer from some scary snobs. We can go get a game that works for us and leave the TN "Big Privates" in the IFL as they don't have the GUTS to sign a Home/Home contract.

First, don't think that Locastro is the only one. Second, why distinguish between a few studs, and a whole team? What ... is one suppose to be noble and the other a pox on society? If you have a few or a whole bunch, it's the same thing. You are in it to win it. Why not make your team the best it can be? Especially if that is why your school has been placed in a division because those schools give some type of scholarship. If your school is in the same division and classification ... either you guys compete or get run over. Plain and simple. You are in the division any way. Why not compete?

Whitehaven loses players from their feeder school, Havenview, on a regular basis, to private schools. Whitehaven has a freshman linebacker, Brayson Eason. He's a stud ... he's been playing with the varsity since day one. Our coaches had to beat back the private schools on him to get him to come. Whitehaven is unique. It's a school in a black neighborhood that is located in a black middle income community. It is not in a downtrodden part of the city. The school has good academics and a very good administration. The school does extremely well in preparing the student body for college. I know the football program is run by a man who does his due diligence when preparing his young men for higher learning. This past signing period saw Whitehaven have 19 young men sign letters-of-intent.

19!

I probably wouldn't send my son to a private school if he was already enrolled at Whitehaven. The school's academic reputation is just too good. However, I wouldn't be surprised if some did ... but it is extremely difficult to come to Whitehaven and 'steal a player' unless he wasn't getting on the field because every one in front of him was better. Whitehaven loses football players on a regular basis, and not to private schools. It is usually to another D1 program in the city of Memphis. However, if the private schools came a calling when my son was finishing middle school, well, he might not have went to Whitehaven in the first place. It would have to be a full ride. Nothing partial or anything like that.

It's been my experience that private schools don't seek out high schoolers anyway. They seek out Middle schoolers.

I couldn't help but laugh at your "pox" comment. You quoting Shakespeare is hilarious and tells me alot about you. English teacher at WHS? Lol

That wasn't even the issue being discussed, but since you brought it up.... Can you identify these "tons" of kids playing for them that don't go to school there? I'm sure you will bring up #2 who no doubt was a great player for them and helped them win the state championship, but I'd love to hear about all the others. Is one good player considered a ton to you? I know that everyone who played meaningful snaps on offense goes to school at Lausanne and they return most of them. So I will "book that" and make sure to ask you about it as they make a run at another state championship next season!

How many on the roster that don't go there? You know don't you?

I don't give racist claims, I simply point them out when valid... You and others like you get uncomfortable when I do and I DON'T CARE. I deal with the uncomfortableness off Living in a overtly and covertly racist society daily. You have to deal with me seeing it and saying it the few times I do on this Message Board, sorry, Not Sorry.

A Position of Power means we don't have to Wait around for an answer from some scary snobs. We can go get a game that works for us and leave the TN "Big Privates" in the IFL as they don't have the GUTS to sign a Home/Home contract.

But you are waiting and cannot dictate your terms. Why be so obtuse?

I'm not uncomfortable in the least I just think it's stupid. That guy used a word not defined as racist by anyone otger than liberal zealots and buffoons. Then you attacked him. You and KWC struggle mightily at this discussion thingy.

First, don't think that Locastro is the only one. Second, why distinguish between a few studs, and a whole team? What ... is one suppose to be noble and the other a pox on society? If you have a few or a whole bunch, it's the same thing. You are in it to win it. Why not make your team the best it can be? Especially if that is why your school has been placed in a division because those schools give some type of scholarship. If your school is in the same division and classification ... either you guys compete or get run over. Plain and simple. You are in the division any way. Why not compete?

Whitehaven loses players from their feeder school, Havenview, on a regular basis, to private schools. Whitehaven has a freshman linebacker, Brayson Eason. He's a stud ... he's been playing with the varsity since day one. Our coaches had to beat back the private schools on him to get him to come. Whitehaven is unique. It's a school in a black neighborhood that is located in a black middle income community. It is not in a downtrodden part of the city. The school has good academics and a very good administration. The school does extremely well in preparing the student body for college. I know the football program is run by a man who does his due diligence when preparing his young men for higher learning. This past signing period saw Whitehaven have 19 young men sign letters-of-intent.

19!

I probably wouldn't send my son to a private school if he was already enrolled at Whitehaven. The school's academic reputation is just too good. However, I wouldn't be surprised if some did ... but it is extremely difficult to come to Whitehaven and 'steal a player' unless he wasn't getting on the field because every one in front of him was better. Whitehaven loses football players on a regular basis, and not to private schools. It is usually to another D1 program in the city of Memphis. However, if the private schools came a calling when my son was finishing middle school, well, he might not have went to Whitehaven in the first place. It would have to be a full ride. Nothing partial or anything like that.

It's been my experience that private schools don't seek out high schoolers anyway. They seek out Middle schoolers.

Kwc, how many national merit finalists does whitehaven have? I'm thinking I read whitehaven is one of the top schools in the state