Whitehaven coach has schedule woes

CoachT

I see what you're saying.  Guess it's going to take time getting used to the recruiting part of D2.  I'm not folding my tent and agreeing 100%, but you have a good point that if you recruit a little or alot what's the difference.  Hard to argue with that.  Whitehaven sounds like a good school and a good football program with the key being colleges know to look there for players.

Chainsaw2:

It's been a pleasure discussing high school football with you and in particular, D2 football .

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you're saying. Guess it's going to take time getting used to the recruiting part of D2. I'm not folding my tent and agreeing 100%, but you have a good point that if you recruit a little or alot what's the difference. Hard to argue with that. Whitehaven sounds like a good school and a good football program with the key being colleges know to look there for players.

I understand the issue you have. I think it goes back to the old school style of winning with "home grown" kids, which in a lot of places just doesn't happen anymore. IMO it started with college recruiting and trickles down. Colleges don't win with kids from their area anymore, all schools recruit nationally. High schools don't only play with kids from their particular "feeder schools," they come from all over the city.

Edited by WilsonJr1990

As someone who has been around private schools a ton, I will say that very few, if any, offer full scholarships/financial aid. Don't get it confused, I have heard of examples where families get up to 90% financial aid, but not full. The way it works is applying parents of both athletes and non athletes fill out financial aid packets that go through a 3rd party. That 3rd party reviews their info (income, siblings, etc.) and sends back to the school what % of aid they qualify for and how much must be paid.

I actually know of 1 particular Memphis private school who has targeted other high school players. I'm not going to name them but it is a school who has had success and has never to my knowledge been accused of recruiting. For the most part I agree though, they general look for middle schoolers.

Thanks for the information. I'm not a D2 guy so I don't delve into all things private school. However, it makes sense. However, that might change my decision if the percentage that the wife and I had to pay is just too steep for our financial situation. I mean, if I had to make a choice on the matter.

Good stuff.

Go ahead ... you whisper his name. I won't tell anybody. Promise.

Thanks for the information. I'm not a D2 guy so I don't delve into all things private school. However, it makes sense. However, that might change my decision if the percentage that the wife and I had to pay is just too steep for our financial situation. I mean, if I had to make a choice on the matter.

Good stuff.

Go ahead ... you whisper his name. I won't tell anybody. Promise.

Just looking to inform, not downplay anything you've said!

lol I try not to start rumors on here. I was told by someone I trust that there is proof of it, but I don't actually have the evidence at hand so I'd rather not say. It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it. If it ever comes out, I'll let you know, how about that?

I understand the issue you have. I think it goes back to the old school style of winning with "home grown" kids, which in a lot of places just doesn't happen anymore. IMO it started with college recruiting and trickles down. Colleges don't win with kids from their area anymore, all schools recruit nationally. High schools don't only play with kids from their particular "feeder schools," they come from all over the city.

Yes you are exactly right.  Guess I'm old school and that doesn't work anymore.  Hard to admit it, but it's true. 

Just looking to inform, not downplay anything you've said!

lol I try not to start rumors on here. I was told by someone I trust that there is proof of it, but I don't actually have the evidence at hand so I'd rather not say. It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it. If it ever comes out, I'll let you know, how about that?

Fair enough.

Dag nabbit! ... Thought I had one for sure!

LOLOLOLOL!

I can only assume you have some proof of that "buying goods or services" accusation? Surely you wouldn't just accuse someone of paying for players without hard evidence. Now, if you are just talking about "recruiting" then fine. But as KWC points out, lets not act like every successful private (and many publics for that matter) school in the state doesn't recruit.

Ummm... they have tons if kids that don't go to school there playing for them. The TSSAA will wnd that loophole soon and Lausanne will go back to what they were before. You can book that! Lol

None apparently.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ... :roflol:

He and Playerscoach are good for a laugh however. I need to draw them out of the woodwork more often. It's a long time until next season. What will we do for entertainment until then?

Don't leave zoneread ...we will listen to your sage advice!

:roflolk:

The most amazing thing is that you "claim" to make yourself look incredibly goofy and immature to "out" other T members. It's just a bizarre troll to say the least. Honestly though fella you are an odd bird and that might actually insult odd birds by me saying that. Lol

Just a sad deal. Smh