AAA vs D2

D2wrestlingfan

Yea, and bowers was quite a bit heavier than Horst at the time. It was an exhibition match because of the weight difference.

Ok whitworth majored the kid that beat the Fargo champ Sam Latona at the Compound Super 32 High School qualifier. The same qualifier that Whitworth finished 2nd in a 60 man bracket at 106 back in September. This is the same Sam Latona that just won Alabama State 7A title. And the same Sam Latona that gave Horst his one loss this year when he Tech Falled him 22-7 at SE pools tourney in Jan..

Edited by durdon

Yes and Latona beat Holloway this year also, and Holloway has rolled around many times with Whitworth at MCCallie and gets the best of him, matches are made by styles so between the two at this time I would take Horst but it would be close.

River lost to Sammy this year at the McCallie invite 7-1, I know Sammy and Boykin haven't wrestled this year but between those two I take Boykin so I would think Boykin beats River much worse than Sammy did, might be wrong but just never know it's wrestling anything can happen.

Not sure what Scott Taylor has against Noah Horst. I know Noah may have been a bit rough with Emory at Cleveland earlier in the year but that's just wrestling. Whitworth is great kid and I'm sure at some point in their careers they will wrestle a match. They have trained together in the past at different times and are friends. Scott, no need to point out who has beat Noah in the past. He doesn't delete any event on Track nor does he run from competition. As Noah's father, I am very proud of what he has accomplished and thank each and every coach, wrestler, parent & even those who don't give him any credit for making him the young man he has become. He does read these comments and it pushes him to just wrestle harder.

Sam Latona did give Noah is only loss this year and after the match, I thanked Sam and his dad Norm for whopping him so bad. These kids can get comfortable and think they are working hard enough. Noah came back after his loss and worked harder! Noah wants to get better and for a kid that just turned 15 in January and winning a state title, I think he is doing alright.

Edited by GodFamilyWrestling

Well said Mr. Horst, and i couldnt agree more. Congratulations to Noah on the state championship. Alot of people on here called me crazy when i picked him to win, but watching him the few times i got to this year, he is an incredible talent and seems like a very humble young man. Cant wait to watch him compete over the next 3 years. And with guys in the room like Palmer and Hulsey, and Trey Bates and Mason Smith coming up, thats a very scary set of lightweights and they will.all make each other the best they can be.

I'm going to reply to several of the posts at once. See below...

1) Boykin beat Evans head to head this season 5-4.

2) I want to see Bump's bracket as well.

3) I'm not sure why this thread has turned personal lol. It never seemed to me like anyone was hating on either side of the debate. Durdon was just posting results that supported who he thought would win. It didn't seem like he was trying to say anything bad about Noah. Maybe there's more to it than I know.

4) I still think I would take Horst in a close one. Maybe it's just because I haven't seen as much of Whitworth. Anyone that's been around Tennessee wrestling all over the state knows Noah where Whitworth is a somewhat newer name to me. With what little I've seen of him, I'm very impressed though. Congrats to both on their state titles. I bet we'll get used to hearing their names a lot for the next few years.

5) Bump mentioned what Beech has in the lightweights. If I lived closer I think I'd pay to watch one of those practices. I'd be especially curious to see who comes out on top out of Horst and Palmer after their performances this weekend.

I'm going to reply to several of the posts at once. See below...

1) Boykin beat Evans head to head this season 5-4.

2) I want to see Bump's bracket as well.

3) I'm not sure why this thread has turned personal lol. It never seemed to me like anyone was hating on either side of the debate. Durdon was just posting results that supported who he thought would win. It didn't seem like he was trying to say anything bad about Noah. Maybe there's more to it than I know.

4) I still think I would take Horst in a close one. Maybe it's just because I haven't seen as much of Whitworth. Anyone that's been around Tennessee wrestling all over the state knows Noah where Whitworth is a somewhat newer name to me. With what little I've seen of him, I'm very impressed though. Congrats to both on their state titles. I bet we'll get used to hearing their names a lot for the next few years.

5) Bump mentioned what Beech has in the lightweights. If I lived closer I think I'd pay to watch one of those practices. I'd be especially curious to see who comes out on top out of Horst and Palmer after their performances this weekend.

if i lived closer id pay to see it too. And out of those 5, it will be 2 freshman, 2 sophomores, and Palmer a junior. Which means they will be together for 2 years then still have 4 of them in 3 years. Thats scary Edited by Bump11